The Queen's Trader

The Queen's Trader  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a trader NPC other than Pig King ?

2. 2. Would you like it to be linked with the DS lore ?

3. 3. What is your opinion on some Hamlet and Shipwrecked itens coming to DST ?

• I would like it very much !
    • I wouldn't care to be honest...
    • I wouldn't like it.
  4. 4. Do you have a "Dump area" in your base ? (where you just leave some random itens on the ground)

• No,I'm actually very organized.
    • Yes,I can't stock all my itens.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/19 at 09:38 AM

I had an idea about an new NPC character in the DST universe that in in my eyes seems to be lore friendly and actual fun to play with !! But I need to know your opinions about it first so I can elaborate better mine and make a better text about it,so feel free to share your ideas with me : )

Spoiler

And as the name sugests,It has to do with the pig queen too...

Personally, i would prefer more original content added to dont starve together, rather than content we have previously seen from single player DLC. This would help separate DST from regular DS and also give people more of a reason to play DS (for the DLC's)

as for the trader. I feel like it (and im just taking this from how the poll was laid out) that having a new trader that would accept your junk items might be a little to.. powerful? it would have to have a lot of thought put into it, but if i could just take a 3% pickaxe and get, lets just say a gold nugget for it. then the game would become a little too unbalanced 

I'd love more interact NPC's. I don't want a pig queen though, that makes no sense to me lore-wise. Maybe the clothes trader, trading both in and out of the game.

I don't really want Shipwrecked or Hamlet items to come to DST. I'd rather see something new and special to only DST.

Dear god, and here I thought _my_ bases could be messy! That damn thing is a literal hurricane aftermath!  (Well okay not LITERAL unless you're in Shipwrecked where there are actual hurricane winds and...shutup you know what I mean.  : P)

I'd answer the poll, but the choices are a hair too limited for me.  My answers would be something like...

1. Would you like to have a trader NPC other than Pig King ?

Yes

No

Depends on what it's like in terms of style and balance

2. Would you like it to be linked with the DS lore ?

Yes

No

Depends on what it is, but I do think it'd be odd for something to have NO connection to _any_ of the lore...

3. What is your opinion on some Hamlet and Shipwrecked itens coming to DST ?

I would like it very much !

I wouldn't care to be honest...

I wouldn't like it.

Depends on what parts are brought over and how they're adapted to the DST version.

4. Do you have a "Dump area" in your base ? (where you just leave some random itens on the ground)

No,I'm actually very organized.

Yes,I can't stock all my itens.

I'm semi-organized and generally just have a _few_ things that don't fit into a chest lying around.

...although that last question isn't as important to me to have a proper answer on as the others.  : P

So basically my answers are "I can't answer yes OR no until I know more about it."  Heh.

...Notorious

5 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

WHAT

IIRC...
There was a concept way back when in single player DS where a shopkeeper hiding its face with an umbrella might spawn on the road occasionally to trade some items. Concept got far enough that there were assets for it in the game for a while.
It made the game feel too compromising, so it was scrapped.

29 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

WHAT

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Unimplemented_Features

Shopkeeper

The Shopkeeper is an unimplemented feature that can be spawned using the console. It was intended to be an in-game vendor that players could buy recipes and resources from, but ultimately the concept was shelved because it "ruined the mood" of the game.

Clicking on the Shop Keeper will result in crashing the game. Its spawncode is "basic_shop", however, it was removed in the Reign of Giants DLC. There are textures for several different shops in the game files.

"Ruined the mood of the game"

AND THEN THEY DID HAMLET

OOPS.

14 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Unimplemented_Features

Shopkeeper

The Shopkeeper is an unimplemented feature that can be spawned using the console. It was intended to be an in-game vendor that players could buy recipes and resources from, but ultimately the concept was shelved because it "ruined the mood" of the game.

W O W !!!

I’ve never heard about these unimplemented features(and the fact that Klei has so many ideas and some of them never saw the daylight),these could really help me with the text, thank you !!! 

;)

Oh, that's where the assets for the "mysterious guy with the umbrella" in the (now long-defunct) mod "Up and Away!" came from, then!  That's TOTALLY what the dude who gives you the key to get into the sky-world looks like.  And yes, a LOT of the theming/art style in general of that area kept popping into my mind the first time I saw "Hamlet".  

Really the main thing they have in common is that they both have you up in a clouds-going-under-your-feet world with wacky new colourful mobs and weird new mechanics, but still...

...Notorious

Art style hasn't been the same for a long time, imo it's far too late for that. Shopkeeper dood was made in a time where the mood of the game was easy to keep consistent, I would love for the art and music to feel the same as in DS, but it won't.

Anyway, this is my idea for a shop:

OSRS Grand Exchange Flipping Guide - YouTube

On 10/4/2019 at 12:37 AM, Ogrecakes said:

"Ruined the mood of the game"

AND THEN THEY DID HAMLET

OOPS.

It ruined the mood of the game, as in it being in the regular DS world ruined the mood of that world. Just like multiplayer seemed like it would ruin the mood of DS, so they made DST instead. Hamlet doesn't plop pigs with desks down in the middle of the base game world, it adds an entirely new world that's carefully designed so that these shops make thematic and mechanical sense. The unused shopkeeper and the Hamlet shopkeepers aren't the exact same thing just because they're both a form of shopkeeper, and I don't know why you're trying to use Hamlet's existence for a witty comment to completely and utterly own Klei instead of giving actual criticism about the game, or better yet, thinking about the context behind all of these things. This is a forum, not a YouTube comment section.

Also please be a bit more patient, you didn't have to make a post on my profile over one (1) confused reaction when I was still in the process of typing this.

This topic will be close today,thanks for all the 120+ people who voted and the ones who shared the opinions too,maybe I’ll post the whole topic about the trader later today sooo...

yeah thank you guys so much ;)

Spoiler

I just need to learn how to close this thing lol 

Archived