Rework Maxwell to be worse wood collector instead

I agree with this

Too much randomly elaborate perk for characters that is all over the place. Single player OG mechanics much more simple and better to understand and more fun to work with I think.

What @Cyberboy2000 say on this topic I agree 100%, is too much and really the new transformations not necessary. The beaver actually look like a werebeaver curse, the other two look more like basic pseudo anthropomorphic characters and it is too much. Or at least the goose is, moose look more like a full furry character. Klei has lots of unimplemented content and removed content before and I would like if this transformations just got removed because Woodie is, or was about getting that wood, nothing else.

Maxwell is the reason he fall short on being main best wood collector. If both of them more like single player counter part, Woodie would be main guy to go for wood. Maxwell just too good. There is also the skeletons later game and bearger, but that is complete other topic. Really, just make Maxwell more of better at most things but not best at anything I think is good for his puppets. When Maxwell rework come around, make him like single player, but allow minions to also dig once when Maxwell digs and follow combat pattern of player somehow when in combat may be, and may be not die in 2 days still, but who knows what is better for balance here?

1 hour ago, Canis said:

Make.

Maxwell.

A.

Magician.

Make him a magic-based character with efficiency with the magic tab.

He doesn't need to be a log collector. He's a dapper aristocrat, god dammit.

I think the codex is fine as his role as magician as he is making more peiple and making them serve him. I also see it fitting with his aristocratic persona as people of high standard won't usually do manual labor and get other people to do it. While you can whip Wesii to do your work, its much more simpler just to get your workers. 

I think this post really highlights the state the game is in currently.

People want characters to be redone based around the attributes of characters who're going to be redone, so that the game can be... balanced. But they're going to be redone... just not NOW. So it's a really weird thing.

Honestly I don't mind Maxwell staying where he is in regards to wood chopping. It gives the player more variety when approaching a problem (how to get WUD?). I DO think that it would be cool to have Maxwell do some more neat tricks with magic than what he already does. I do not per-se think that he needs a nerf though... He feels like a risk reward type character. The risk being 75 hp, and the reward being his shadow abilities. If they were to give him some INSANE magic powers then I would understand a nerf, but for now, he's pretty cool to me, even though I'm from the opposite camp (camp W00die).

2 hours ago, Cpt. KatKit said:

Maxwell isn't a wood collector. His harvest power is good because he has bigger downsides than Woodie. His powers should be stronger than other characters to make up for it. 

Mmm... Honestly I don't think so, the power of Woodie is itself full of consequence on his health and other factors, Maxwell's Shadows power have no malus, if you can see as me that a low sanity can be a very good point for him. Shadow's have no limited use and can be summoned, removed very easely and Woodie have no much quick control on it. So even if both have good attributes, Maxwell's once is the more easy to use.

I don't see how he's a better collecter if it takes him a proverbial boatload of nightmare fuel to make the collection faster; if Woodie can just do it any time and place regardless of him being a werebever. I think the wiggle room Woodie has should make him better in general at the collection of wood. Maxwell should not be nerfed.

Just now, Frashaw27 said:

It's 8 fuel for a full team? You also get 1/2 of it back if you kill off the puppets so I don't see how it takes a lot of nightmare fuel.

It's the fact you need resources that aren't super easy to come by to collect a common resource.

10 hours ago, ADM said:

Mmm... Honestly I don't think so, the power of Woodie is itself full of consequence on his health and other factors, Maxwell's Shadows power have no malus, if you can see as me that a low sanity can be a very good point for him. Shadow's have no limited use and can be summoned, removed very easely and Woodie have no much quick control on it. So even if both have good attributes, Maxwell's once is the more easy to use.

His downside is having horrible max hp. Not fragmenting his sanity. 

Archived