[Game Update] - 348553

The update was great... My old save don't work anymore. I need a break. Why I have started to play the game while the beta launching? Why! My table has now a new bite sign. :(

Edited by DustFireSky
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Hmm. You know, you are making cooling really difficult there with first the WW and Icemaker nerv and now this. I don't think that is a good idea, especially for new players. Basically what is left until mid-game is the ice-maker and is not really easy to use and not very effective in addition. I think you are seriously overdoing this cooling nerv.

I am sure I can cope (especially as I am doing a frozen-core Rime at the moment ;-), but I have been at this for a while now.

Perhaps there could be a way to upgrade the AETN's around the map?

11 minutes ago, nonoxyl said:

either it's not working as stated or I am not understanding this change

I am seeing the same, 80 Degrees in, 40 Degrees out. Business as usual.

Aehm, does anybody have any buildings that state their output temperature? I have not researched everything, but I do not seem to have a single one. Have they botched the update?

Edited by Gurgel
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Aehm, does anybody have any buildings that state their output temperature? I have not researched everything, but I do not seem to have a single one. Have they botched the update?

Testing in debug mode and I see nothing stating output temps on the tooltip or building description.

55 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Buildings which were previously outputting at a fixed temperature (i.e. the Water Sieve at 40°C) now treat that configuration as a minimum output temperature. If input materials are hotter than this, the output temperature will be correspondingly raised.

I'm not sure I like how this change turned out. It changed ElementConverter. It still has two modes, but both modes are different.

Before:

1. output temperature is a fixed value
  2. output temperature is the same as the last input (if multiple inputs)

Now:

1. output temperature is a weighted average of all inputs, but with a minimum of a fixed value
  2. output temperature is the same as the building

From a coding/modding perspective I like the change.

From a gameplay perspective, I say losing the water sieve heatsink makes starting on certain worlds much harder, particularly the magma rich ones.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Siromatik said:

Yeah something broke with saves, even a new fresh install dont fix it, meh

I can load the save, but it crash if I press the play button. Runs round about 2 seconds.

Edited by DustFireSky
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:
  1. output temperature is a weighted average of all inputs, but with a minimum of a fixed value

Can you see which building has which? Because that does not seem to have made it into the descriptions.

This is a joke right? Are you guys actually listening to the community, or...?

How about we get some sort of explanation from you regarding your design philosophy behind heat management?

Edited by enragedcamel
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DustFireSky said:

I can load the save, but it crash if I press the play button. Runs round about 2 seconds.

Same, everything like plants, buildings,... are in an 'updating state' for 2s then black hole. Changes are too big to update actual games i guess.
We have to expect this anyway, still the beta-test branch.

My save loaded. The saltvines are still ... odd. The ones that were previously death metal head bangers are now all stuck at a 45 degree angle pointed SE. The white part is not moving. The base is twitching and quivering rapidly. The bigger ones, not the little ones only. Poor things came down, and are now in withdrawal?

Edited by Hechicera
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

Now:

Hmmm. that is very interesting.

Here is what I am seeing. building temp is 17C. input temp of pw is 89C

When I use 23C sand I get 40C output

image.thumb.png.c0d14a2b7ab25b6c037678c54d2378d1.png

If I use 80C sand, I get 80C output

image.thumb.png.b85e5a280ebdcd01e2c878e1485617eb.png

Well u need only 2 weed per dupe to keep stable food production (for the mushroomwraps, I believe the same goes for other recipes

and 40 plants for 20 dupes consume 20kg of bleach stone total per cycle.

Haven't tested it yet, But I believe chlorine geyser is enough to keep that up

(no idea what to do for worlds with no geysers though)

10 minutes ago, enragedcamel said:

How about we get some sort of explanation from you regarding your design philosophy behind heat management?

I am interested to hear more from you on this. My experience here has been lots of people screaming this change needed to be made. I can only assume there may be a few people like myself who thought it was fine but didn’t feel like arguing with people over the merits of it who remained silent.

In your mind what exactly has the community requested of heat? Or even fixed output if heat is too broad of a subject?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nonoxyl said:

Hmmm. that is very interesting.

Here is what I am seeing. building temp is 17C. input temp of pw is 89C

When I use 23C sand I get 40C output

image.thumb.png.c0d14a2b7ab25b6c037678c54d2378d1.png

If I use 80C sand, I get 80C output

image.thumb.png.b85e5a280ebdcd01e2c878e1485617eb.png

Sounds like they oops'd the code and had it look at the Sand's temp instead of the Polluted Water's temp.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, enragedcamel said:

I thought several times about they have no design for the game. True or not, it is just my opinion. They have not red thread! The design by Klei is to delete all possibilities to solve a simple issue with a simple solution. I think sometimes they are masochists and like to torture their gamers. Klei and the developers, members behind the game has no clue about their own game. Maybe they don't play it by themselves... Who know it. It was a great game several updates before! I loved it! Really! But the most new changes are like: "How can we annoy more people with the update."

It is not all of the changes bad. I love the new biomes, but the are unable to balance the game. Yes, they are! The decisions are always the bad ones.

And we all know it is the last update till the release. I can see frustrated newcomer! I am frustrated too and I have played the game for 1500 hours...

5 minutes ago, VitaCoke said:

About the game Crashes

It seems the Water sieve causes this

Tried to load one without a Water Sieve with the same effect. They changed code in fabricators chores, temp algorithms, flow algorithms... could be any of theses.

Edited by Siromatik

2 minutes ago, VitaCoke said:

About the game Crashes

It seems the Water sieve causes this

I'm getting crashes sometimes when my dupes "complete" a full segment of gas pipe. They can build each individual bit, but when they put the last one in, sometimes I get a freeze followed by a crash. If I had to guess, it's something to do with the conduit changes this update:

- Large overhaul to conduit flow algorithms. It should run significantly faster and be more correct.

- Conduit data update when building new pipes is rewritten, should prevent a lag spike when adding new pipes.

Well, I wasn't expecting the fixed temperature thing to be changed anymore, with release being so close. But I think it's for the better. It wasn't intuitive that the best way to cool your base was through sieve loops. There is some conflicting data though, is the temperature of the output based on a single input, or on the (thermal capacity) average of all inputs?

That being said, there's no reason anymore for such a "high" temperature of the water coming out of the sieve. Heat is enough of a problem, even without raising the temperature of the water you have access to in the early game. It would also make it easier to cool your base with sieved water coming from cold biomes, which would help with heat management early on.

Edited by pacovf
  • Like 8