Adventure Mode Progress

Are people playing adventure mode? What's the farthest you've made it and what type of effects are you noticing as you go forward?I've played through World 1 and World 2. World 1 seemed normal except for it had a very, very small marsh section. World 2 had almost no pigs, no beefallos at all, no pig king, no marshes (except for two sections that took up a quarter of my screen and contained two tentacles) and winter started around day 11 and lasted until day 37 when it left for World 3. It was still going strong. I just gave up. Additionally, World 2 had three separate islands. A starting island which was large, and very small middle island, and a third island which was large. These islands were connected by wormholes - meaning a minimum of two jumps to from the first to third island. I haven't played in World 3 long enough to know if anything is different.

I heard Adventure Mode World 1 is buggy because it doesn't spawn Berry Bushes but the other Worlds do... I haven't advanced to World 2 in the update yet so I don't know... But yeah, erm... Day 15-ish, I die because of Insanity/Hunger.

I've made it to world 2, I had no problems with World one... hell I even had a nice little farm the map generated just for me, with lotsa carrots. But I got attacked by hounds in world 2, barely survived, actually, with my low health and only vegetables as food supplies, I give the spiders 3-4 days to get me.

I'm almost on day 100 of my first adventure map, still on World 1. The only reason I'm insisting on spending some time on this map is because it's shaped a lot like Italy. I have more berry bushes then I know what to do with.

I'm almost on day 100 of my first adventure map, still on World 1. The only reason I'm insisting on spending some time on this map is because it's shaped a lot like Italy. I have more berry bushes then I know what to do with.

That's odd then, I have never seen a Berry Bush in any Adventure Mode worlds...

I completed its original iteration, but I haven't played adventure mode since the Winter update. I think I'm going to wait until it's in a more finalized state before I try it again.

The winter update has made Adventure Mode goddamn ridiculous.I went through it with a mod that made me invincible.The fifth world that I got:1. Escape machine parts are completely evenly spread out2. Hardly any bridges, use wormholes to get literally anywhere3. Spawn in the center of 10 firepits4. No carrots or berry bushes5. Most forests burnt down6. Start in the infinite wintertimeOh, my God, and the Fourth was the craziest.3/4 of the day was nighttime; the remaining 1/4 was evenly split between evening and day. Remember how long nights are in summer? (2 tiny sections) The day was as long as that.

I heard Adventure Mode World 1 is buggy because it doesn't spawn Berry Bushes but the other Worlds do... I haven't advanced to World 2 in the update yet so I don't know... But yeah, erm... Day 15-ish, I die because of Insanity/Hunger.

Are you sure the berries not being there is a bug? I have actually found that when this happens it gives you a very interesting run and could incite people to hop to the next world sooner than they would want.

I've played about 6-7 games in adventure mode, and have only made it past the first winter once (managed to make it to day 31 before I got too confident and a beefalo got me. Oh, the humanity!).

I never made it to world 2, since I never found all of the parts at once. I managed to find three at one point, but then the beefalo, yada yada yada.

In all the games I've always had the world split into continents, with wormholes necessary in order to move between them.

I've never found a berry bush in any of them, but carrots aplenty. Given the hunger return on carrots, I'll take those over the bushes. Still, I wonder how useful the camo-berry hat would be against the deerclops-- That guy's a real jerk.

Many of my "starter" biomes had maybe three or four tufts of grass and a three or three, but nothing else. It made for a late start at time.

That's about my experience. =P

- - - Updated - - -

How many worlds are there total?

I think the wiki said that there are five.

World 3 so far. Winter started on day 2 - currently day 15. As a result have been unable to explore as much as I would like. Forest, grass land, brush, and rock areas but no beefalo yet. Encountered and killed one walrus hunting party with hired pigs. Got the blue gem and made an ice staff. Far, far more spiders. Have killed over fifteen nests so far and a few are already level three. I'm probably just going to burn them to the ground. There is a pig king and a pig village of sorts. There's about eight houses in a grass area about four screens by four screens wide. Two wormholes I haven't checked out yet. Primary food source has been carrots, berries, a few birds and rabbits, and two winter Koalefants. As soon as I killed the first one a spider came and ate trunk (literally less than three seconds as I was fighting near a nest in the evening). This has provided a large part of my food source and I was able get the trunk from the second Koalefant so I have the vest now as well. Two waves of hounds already. Three in first set five in the second. First set defeated with bee bomb. Second set defeated with bee bomb and ice staff. Lots of graves so I have access to as much gold as I want and have found two amulets. I've got four stone pits scattered around and a storage box and ice chest at two of them. Sanity isn't even close to being a problem with pigs and meat. Not bad, but I would prefer to deal with a total lack of important resources than deal with another endless winter. Still, after a collective 15 days of winter in World 1, 27 days of winter in World 2, and almost 15 days in World 3 haven't seen the Deerclops yet.

I'm on world five... the bees man... the bees.One word of advice, don't make a base until at world five. Keep exploring, you want to find those parts asap. Longest I lived in a world was ten days, and that was on world 3 because one of the parts was hidden behind some trees (before the winter update, wouldn't happen now because they are found in little patches of things such as stone and farms.)

Edited by Freeze

I'm on world five... the bees man... the bees.One word of advice, don't make a base until at world five. Keep exploring, you want to find those parts asap. Longest I lived in a world was ten days, and that was on world 3 because one of the parts was hidden behind some trees (before the winter update, wouldn't happen now because they are found in little patches of things such as stone and farms.)

Except for that one thingy.. what's it called? There's the potato, box, ring and...Yeah, that last one. That's not on some patch. Atleast for me.

I haven't even touched adventure mode yet, I'm scarred of what I've heard about it. I like sandbox, and custom sandbox even better. Maybe during the next adventure focused update, I'll give it a good whirl.

You should play it with Wes. It's the "funnest".

I tried Adventure Mode, my first time playing the game since Long Live the Queen, actually. Found a Box Thing on day 1, then wandered around just trying to survive, build up some food, get some tools, etc. until about day 8 when I started searching the blank areas. Found a Ring Thing, and then a Wooden Thing on day 11. I combined the 3 parts together, lit my fire for the night, and when morning came...Everything was tinted blue. I imagine the look on my face was priceless, coming upon my first winter. I found the Potato Thing and ran it back with relative ease, then set out to try and find the last Thing. I survived for a full 4 days away from camp, my only light and head being setting forests on fire. Day 16 was my last, downed by a Spider Warrior whose nest I had burnt down.So yeah, World 1's my farthest. Gonna go in now for another try, though.

I am at day 24, world one, fourth attempt.

Winter started at day 12, found 3 bee boxes, a rocky biome with five tallbirds, maybe more. Plenty of bunnies. No berries or beefalos so far.

This attempt I gave up being near tallbirds and bunnies and put my base around a wormhole.

I will take my time to find all resources I can carry with me to the next world.

Posted Image

Update:

Found four mandrakes, a herd of beefalos and some more bees

Posted Image

Edited by Avelarius

I haven't really gone past world 2 because i don't really want to set up a base with no good reason. But let me till you about that world one on I am now:- no berries bushes (I knew something was missing)- Few decent pig villages (and alot of scattered lone pig houses in the woods)- One savanah with beefalo (then the others have next to nothing in them)- A small swap with almost as many reeds as tentacles (which is bad for me because i build in the swap so i need both, and other worlds lack the swap biome too)- Huge map, with wormholes to get to islands.What I am afraid of is two things about the game, which only one is relevant. My last world one had short seasons and the summer had less daylight than the winter actually. It was terrible for a world one.