Adventure Mode Progress

Nice, how long have you been alive there? I was expecting to have to make that one easier - but if its too easy...

Currently on Day 18, with a nice base set-up as well as most of the pieces and altar for the next escape mechanism. I stopped playing on it so I can wait for the ending to be built for me to attack with my most! :DIt definitely wasn't easy, but not to hard either for sure! I like it's difficulty personally. [MENTION=8328]Avelarius[/MENTION]I wouldn't suggest playing like how you're playing, your mindset to the game needs to change in adventure mode. You can't afford to waste time building bases and such in World One. Keep looking for the pieces, never stop. Pick up resources for world five as you go, maybe at most taking a day to mine rocks/cut down some trees/collect other resources.Winter is your biggest fear... don't let it come before you can escape! Edited by Freeze

Alia, if experienced players are having tons of trouble on world 3 4 and 5, you've clearly done something enormously right.I loved how mean they looked; all I can ask for personally is some more interesting variety without sacrificing the difficulty.

I'd love to see a world in Adventure Mode where you have to turtle a little bit, just for the change of pace. It might be because some Teleportato parts are unavailable until certain conditions are met. It would be pretty sad if half of the stuff added to the game is useless in Adventure mode, because you just have to rush through every world, not building anything.

I got to world 2, found a piece of next machine, found the machine, got bored of running around doing nothing but traveling so I tried to summon treeguard (I was willow) but couldn't seem to spawn him no matter how many trees I burnt so I went to kill spiders for fun, tried to find beefalo to no avail and then went into a swamp to find a tentacle to end my boring playthrough.I see people have made bases early, why? running away from everything works wonders and means you dont have to waste time not searching for parts for next world. Winter I don't imagine to be a problem since on my sandbox non stop winter i didnt die without making a base for ages, had no hat or anything and just kept myself warm with forest fires and torch.For me adventure mode is something I don't think I will do again, way too easy and boring to just survive doing nothing, feels more like a tedious find a seek game :( Hopefully in the future adventure will be more eventful, maxwells traps where a nice touch but not really a threat until darkness, maybe having the player need to get rid of traps to get a piece of machine would be nice and stuff like that.

The winter update has made Adventure Mode goddamn ridiculous.3/4 of the day was nighttime; the remaining 1/4 was evenly split between evening and day. Remember how long nights are in summer? (2 tiny sections) The day was as long as that.

Same here lols

[MENTION=8328]Avelarius[/MENTION]I wouldn't suggest playing like how you're playing, your mindset to the game needs to change in adventure mode. You can't afford to waste time building bases and such in World One. Keep looking for the pieces, never stop. Pick up resources for world five as you go, maybe at most taking a day to mine rocks/cut down some trees/collect other resources.Winter is your biggest fear... don't let it come before you can escape!

Why not? If world one is the easiest, why should I rush to the next? Why not stay and get my gear ready?I am at day 51, getting ready for the 3rd winter. I am missing only one thing: the walrus' hat. It is important because right now, at winter, I just stop the night insanity with puffy vest and winter hat. The walrus' hat will make me gain sanity at night. I am afraid world one does not have walruses. Must explore all to be sure.Also, I need to build one effigy and bank another. A stack of beard hair also would be advised before moving on. Cannot leave before getting immortal.

Because you're wasting your resources using them to build things, trust me. I've made it to world 5. :p

No, I am not. There is still more stone in this world than I will be able to take with me. All the rest is renewable.

No, I am not. There is still more stone in this world than I will be able to take with me. All the rest is renewable.

Alrighty then. I won't argue with you... tell us when you make it to world 5 I guess. Edited by Freeze

The reason I decided to stock up on world one (only spent forty days there) was to bring resources with me into the next world. This hasn't been the case yet, and maybe it won't be, but I certainly thought from the notes that there was a possibility you would make it to a world without stone, or trees, or some other vital resources and have therefore always carried through the portal enough to make it to the world after in case that was going to happen. I'm also slightly worried I'm going to make it to an always night world.While I haven't tried this, my guess is if you could work through the night (a.k.a. Miners Hat or Torch) you could probably fully explore a world in less than ten days, and chances are you would find all the pieces before that. Some people appear to be doing this. I'm not going to because it doesn't sound fun - though I'm not sure I would want to do something to remove this as an option as a world that required speed to complete due to a scarcity of resources might be interesting.

Day 25ish. Finally found all the parts and I am debating on whether to leave the world immediately or not. No tall birds or beefalo so far though finally a good swamp biome. I finally have reeds and spikes. I've explored about 90%. It's still winter. After over 60 days of continuous winter across three worlds I won't say it's too easy. Though it also isn't too hard (for someone who has put about 50+ hours in). Really though, I wish it was summer. Even for ten days would be nice because winter is getting monotonous. There are other ways to may the game hard. I don't think every world should be an all winter world, or even an extended winter world. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw. I will post again once I've moved on to world four. I would have died at one point had I not carried a miners hat with me at all times. I was camping out in the rather large swamp area with around six level three spider dens on all sides. It was night and the spiders were out attacking the spike tails. One of them came after me and I accidentally hit it while trying to pick up my back back (which was off so I could wear the armor - don't take chances camping in a swamp). I would have been mobbed by thirty plus spiders if I hadn't equipped the miner hat and run. Also - haven't had any hounds in the last ten days, and still no deerclops despite having spent 25 days in winter and explored 90% of the island while it was winter. Is there something that triggers them?

World 4 - Not winter. Yet. Have found all the parts by day 11 and have explored the entire map. There are no trees at all. The portion of the map farthest away from me had around 20 wood just lying on the ground and near where I started there was a stone pit already built. Large, large swamp and Savannah areas. More tentacles than I have ever seen before. Maybe 20 per screen without exaggeration. I spent three days exploring the swamp area and lost a lot of sanity and nearly all my health. I came into the world with 20 wood and found the other 20 which was good because I had to rebuild my armor to survive all the hits I got from the tentacles. I built a few stone pits myself and otherwise used torches or miner hats to go through the night. Lots of beefalo this time around. First hound attack (only 2) on day 11. No tall birds. No carrots or berry bushes in first half of the map. Swamps had 50+ spider nests. There was a good size pig village but no pig king. The pig village was next to a rock area and about 20 spider nests. Fortunately, I just hired the pigs and we cleared them out in a day. I found the base for a walrus hunter's hut. I also found some charcoal on the ground near where I started. There was also one swamp area where a number of warrior spiders were sleeping outside along with a few regular spiders. There were no nests in the area and they appeared to start this way (this swamp area was a wide bridge between two other areas). Two main islands connected by wormholes. Have just come out of 60+ continuous days of winter, this was a nice change. However, I do think there should be more challenges during summer beyond lack of a specific resources (though lack of trees was interesting for a change. Had I come in without wood, it would have made that world very, very interesting. I could have made it before winter. During winter? I'm not sure.). Without winter the passivity of enemies means there is literally nothing to do but run around and explore. Especially past World 1 where you come into the world with supplies, there is nothing that can stop me. Ways this could be made more interesting would be to eliminate specific resources when going through wormholes depending on the world - for instance this world could have burned up all my wood. Or maybe there needs to be some summer specific behavior that causes animals to target you more aggressively. Exploring the swamps was the most fun - where danger was actually present. The amount of spider nests and tentacles made surviving there significantly more difficult than surviving normal winter.

And day 12 on World 4 it becomes winter. Which apparently means 75% night, two tiny slivers of evening, and two tiny slivers of day. I don't think this was a bug. If it were my second time through I might have stuck around to see if I could handle it. Since I just want to make it through, I left. World 5 it is. Day 1 surrounded by stone campfires all ablaze. It appears to be winter from the day/night ratio. I think I could handle 75% night in summer. I'm not sure what it would be like in winter. If anyone has experienced this and survived for any amount of time, please let me know.

Shouldn't the clock be set in the adventure mode worlds? I seem to have gone from massive evenings to winter during which there were massive nights...back to massive evenings again. This is adventure world 1. Will I ever see summertime? I don't think I've seen a day that takes up even a quarter of the clock.

And death by bees. But basically starvation. Day 4 of World 5. No berries. No carrots. A few fishing ponds in swamp land. A few pigs (probably would have been safer and smarter to attack them than the bees). I explored a decent portion of the map for 4 days - it was constant exploring even at night with the miner's hat. What really killed me is they appeared to have messed with the drop rate on birds for the final world. I was killing five just to get one meat. I was starving faster than I could kill birds with a boomerang. Or at least staying even. To be honest. Death was a mistake. I had a few better and safer options, but I wasn't thinking and playing to risky. I was down to ten hunger and fifty health.More spiders than I have ever seen before. It's sad dying after so many hours. I had two amulets and I didn't even equip them. Perhaps they should be automatic if they are in your inventory? The death penalty for a game this long is extreme and somewhat disheartening considering how easy it is to die by making a simple mistake. Literally I went from nearly starving but otherwise fine with no real threat to my heath besides starvation to dead in thirty seconds essentially losing four to five hours and this was completely preventable but I forgot to equip the amulet. I will play the game again, but probably not for a couple days - maybe not until the next update. I do like the increase in difficulty. I think everything is almost just right. However, my main take away besides that from this play through is the above paragraph. Maybe this is just my initial reaction, but if the game is set up to tank hours worth of play in seconds, there should be some type of warning. Perhaps it should be slightly harder to die quickly (not to die, just the speed at which it happens) or it should be slightly easier to prevent a final death (i.e. amulets working automatically if you have one). While it is a little cheesy, even slowing the game speed down right before death would have saved me here as it would have given me time to realize what was happening (I was dead before I realized I was in danger of dying) and click on the amulet. Just some thoughts. Maybe I will feel differently in a day or two.

I just speedrun the story mode and each world took me between 6-10 days, using the librarian. Winter world was tough, but I had a boomerang and quickly got that winter vest. Those hunters are easy to run away from aswell. Last world was a surprise, I was mainly surviving on carrots and suddenly I was short on food. I wont say it is too easy, I had already played sandbox mode several times before, but there is room for improvement. Miner hats are way too good, and torches way too bad now. My sanity never went below 120, I guess cooked carrots increase sanity.

I made it to world 2 with wickerbottom. I was in the first winter there, decided to take a wormhole...and landed RIGHT on top of the walrus family, insta-dead...I wondered when I'd run into those folks, LOL. I would like to suggest that their igloo be prevented from spawning right next to a worm hole ;) Still, every new death I learn something new! Keep it up :D

Took my time at world one until I got really tired of it and ready to rush a couple worlds.

I was collecting the machine parts at world two to keep going but it was too interesting to pass by.

I saw walrus base, berry bushes, Maxwell traps, six big islands connected by wormholes.

Decided to set my base at the machine island with 3 wormholes and, sadly, one less tallbird nest, the only one I found so far. It was right on top of the wormhole I intend to use as base.

Gonna make a nice setup and wait for the walrus' hat before moving again.

Posted Image

World 2 last island, had a winter full of tusks and darts but no hat, gotta wait for the next but in the meantime lets activate the machine.

Oh look, traps, gonna use them to kill that queen...

Posted Image

Posted Image

And that was the last thing I remember before awaking here.

I did take a break - but I'm back to playing again with the new update. Day 13 on World 1. Already the start of winter. More than enough time to do a lot of exploring, but I probably would have preferred a little more time? Maybe not. Also, the map is giant. I'm sure this is bigger than previous maps I've explored. There's so much new stuff. I think at this point I've found a little bit of everything so far. I've got to get better at going crazy. I'll update once I've fully explored this world.

Already the start of winter. More than enough time to do a lot of exploring, but I probably would have preferred a little more time?

Adventure mode is tuned for experienced players and is meant to be exceptionally difficult. Winter doesn't normally start until around day 20 (22, specifically, I think?) on sandbox mode.Also, as a heads up (spoiled in case you want to find this out the hard way),

winter on world 1 in adventure mode never ends. Better start hunting down those teleporter parts!