Adventure Mode Progress

i gotta give props to the devs, i used the same strategy in adventure mode just like the one i use in sandbox.... BIG MISTAKE, no food by day 20 and just a handful of starvation nights. i gotta say before it was just the worry of hounds in your base and other threads, but now they gave the "DON'T STARVE" a whole new meaning, because now i can see how one can literally die from starvation. one has to be prepared, also after i died from being too COLD. i decided to give it a second try, and i see that i was better prepared by day 20, i had a handful of food, and bunch of stuff researched, my problem was the spider webs that i did not know how to obtain easily because i tend to kill spiders when fully ready and its complicated because i didnt have a winter vest and you get cold fast unless you set up a fire close by. overall my only mistake was that i burned all my beard off by accident and couldnt make meat effigy, and i rushed too soon to try to kill the walruses. and thats how i died the second try. i gotta say that don't starve makes you remember your mistakes, i had a lot of them. thanks for reading everyone! :D(i only had the beefalo hat which keeps you as warm as the winter hat except for sanity bonus)i did have the koahlafant trunk to make the vest, my problem was the spider webs btw.

Edited by persecon

I haven't gotten past world 2 yet. So after a couple attempts I've finally gotten back to world two, except this time I saved and quit on day one as fast as I can and decided to practice in sandbox mode. I've died on 3 separate attempts in sandbox mode, and only managed to collect one teleportato piece in one of the attempts. Now I understand that the conditions are not similar enough to provide an accurate prediction of my chances in my adventure w2 file, but at the same time they do provide one thing: a look into how I would fair if I didn't carry all my current items in the w2 file. It is pretty damn hard. When I did die in previous w2 attempts, I was offered an option to retry but without all the advancements from w1. Is there a way to change this to retry with them? Also I remember in the previous update I was given the option to pick a different character when transcending from w1 to w2. Why was that removed?So far I believe the only way I'll pass w2 is after practicing several attempts (probably several hours) in sandboxC with the the king of winter settings on. And I see no reward in practicing for hours for a level whose mechanics could probably fundamentally change by the time I'm accustomed to the current update. Endless winter is a great concept though, perhaps I've just been having bad luck.