Kirby8971    4

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what they would do for wigfrids rework. I know it's a ways off but her kit already seems unique enough as it is. She already makes unique gear and she already has hp/sanity absorption. What could they do to change her but still make her feel like wigfrid?

• Like 1

Kirby8971    4
5 minutes ago, SneekyBerd said:

I think that ok thing would be making harder to craft battle helm and spear

That wouldnt really be a rework so much as just making her more difficult to use. She has to eat meat to survive which means she needs to kill things. I personally think it's enough that she already has to use 2 gold per craft. In a dst world with multiple people you run through gold pretty quick outfitting people for battle. 

• Like 2

SneekyBerd    21
2 minutes ago, Kirby8971 said:

That wouldnt really be a rework so much as just making her more difficult to use. She has to eat meat to survive which means she needs to kill things. I personally think it's enough that she already has to use 2 gold per craft. In a dst world with multiple people you run through gold pretty quick outfitting people for battle. 

I mean this would be one of several things, and you can easly get lots of gold from graves and ruins

0rutyna0    402

If by “in balance” we mean “strong”, then yes, Wigfried is in balance. But playing for her is boring. There is no need to worry about treatment and items for sanity, it’s enough to go beat spiders. And only about 7 used types of dishes from Crock Pot.

Starlogy    2,168

Wigfrid is fine as is. I wouldn't mind nerfing her health down to 150 and some slight buffs to her spear.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

BeliarBAD    562
1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

first off, Tree gaurds are super easy. Even for maxwell. And then the sheer speed that Maxwell can cut trees down at far surpasses wigfrid

And second. She's basically a straight downgrade to Wolfgang

Wigfrid deals 1.25x damage, Wolfgang does 2x

Wigfrid has an effective HP of 250, Wolfgang has an effective HP of 300 when mighty

Wigfrid has an actual downside, albeit a fun one, Wolfgang barely has a downside at all

Wigfrid walks at normal speed, Wolfgang has a 25% speedboost while mighty, which makes kiting easier for him

When it comes to combat, the only thing Wigfrid has over Wolfgang is her battle helms, and even then those are just football helmets with more durability.

treeguards are super easy but they will kill your minions and you need to kill them. one hit of them and you need to go to heal as max. dont ignore my arguements. it takes 1 or more days to go back to base and make food and sleep in tent and come back to the forrest.

but it was more a joke that i said shes a better chopper then him. i just wanted to say that she never needs to goto base than to drop loot and that makes her very fast in gathering and doing evrything.

wolfgang cant heal in his mighty form that makes her having more health in boss fights or in other words she has more hp over the whole fight then wolfgang.

you can test a might full hp wolfgang and a wig and let them both fight a bearger for example without kiting and you will see wolfgang is much more faster dead then she.

wolfgansg speedboost is great but only if you do perfect kiting. if you dont then wig is better cause she can take the hits easy and regens the hp which wolf doesnt. wolfgang looses his hp in his mighty form

also wig has an own fighting strat which no one knows or uses. its not good to kite all attacks with her. you need to know what you tank and what you kite. i kill as wig faster klaus then any other player with wolfgang.

• Confused 2

Theukon-dos    1,159
3 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

treeguards are super easy but they will kill your minions and you need to kill them. one hit of them and you need to go to heal as max. dont ignore my arguements. it takes 1 or more days to go back to base and make food and sleep in tent and come back to the forrest.

ah, fair enough

but it was more a joke that i said shes a better chopper then him. i just wanted to say that she never needs to goto base than to drop loot and that makes her very fast in gathering and doing evrything.

I walked into that one, huh?

wolfgang cant heal in his mighty form that makes her having more health in boss fights or in other words she has more hp over the whole fight then wolfgang.

uhh, he can? his health scaling does make it more effective to heal in wimpy, but Mighty Wolfgang can definitly heal. If anything, he has an easier time healing sense his speedboost lets hiim get farther away.

you can test a might full hp wolfgang and a wig and let them both fight a bearger for example without kiting and you will see wolfgang is much more faster dead then she.

Good to note

wolfgansg speedboost is great but only if you do perfect kiting. if you dont then wig is better cause she can take the hits easy and regens the hp which wolf doesnt. wolfgang looses his hp in his mighty form

Well the speedboost makes it much easier to kite, and possibly even get in an extra hit. Due to that and his higher damage, he can kill things mcuh faster than Wigfrid and at much lower risk.

also wig has an own fighting strat which no one knows or uses. its not good to kite all attacks with her. you need to know what you tank and what you kite. i kill as wig faster klaus then any other player with wolfgang.

Interesting.

BeliarBAD    562

first of all dont make fun of me. im also not doing it of you.

9 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

uhh, he can? his health scaling does make it more effective to heal in wimpy, but Mighty Wolfgang can definitly heal. If anything, he has an easier time healing sense his speedboost lets hiim get farther away.

doesnt his health goes constanly down when hes in mighty form and only gained hp from food? that makes healing items less effective on him

10 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Well the speedboost makes it much easier to kite, and possibly even get in an extra hit. Due to that and his higher damage, he can kill things mcuh faster than Wigfrid and at much lower risk.

thats true. i just wantzed to say if you do the fight with wig and you use a kiting/tanking strat then shes as good as wolfgang if he does a nearly not get hit fight vs klaus.

the point is im playing this game a lot. with friends and on public server and group server, evrywhere. im always wig and when we do boss fights the other players always die. no matter if they are wolfgang or wx or what ever other char. and im not talking about noob players. i never die and im very lazy at kiting. i know exactly when, which hits i can tank and when i have to kite. if i do this with wolfgang for example im immidiatly dead. fighting misery toadstool for example i only tank his mushroom bombs and sometimes his big stomps. this way i deal much more damage.

this point also makes wolfgangs extra hits invalid. ive tons more extra hits then wolfgang cause im tanking. in the time you are running away im doing damage. tanking an atatck is faster then kiting it most times.

BeliarBAD    562
2 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Wigfrid is more of a tanky support fighter, not the main damage dealer, its a good overall balanced character. The fact that she is not "the best damage dealer" doesn't make her bad. And I find her helmets very useful throughout most of the game.

What I'd like wigfrid to get is: 

- Battlecries, as @Terra_Zina said. Maybe the buff could share a small damage boost, and lifesteal with your friends for a hit or 2. It could also work on NPC befriended allies (bunnymen and pigmen)

- Upgrades to her gear: Besides the current gear (unchanged) as you progress in tech you can use those as raw materials for upgraded versions: EG:

- At alchemy station, you learn to make the "improved battle spear" for a normal battle spear and 1 gold, adding much more durability

- At shadow manipulator, you learn to craft "advanced spear" using the "improved battle spear" from the alchemy, and 2 nightmare fuel. It has slightly more damage, and the forge's wigfrid spear special attack, where you can attack a bunch of enemies in a straight line. Doing that costs durability, and anyone can use those spears.

- At pseudoscience stations you can take your improved battle spears and coat them in thulecite (and maybe an orange gem?) Giving it more damage, durability, and the forge's special attack of skyjumping and landing on distant enemies. Anyone can use those spears but only wigfrid can craft them at the station.

i disagree with evrxone can use the special attacks on her spears. wolfgang is to fat to do fast attacks in a straight line and hes to fat to jump so high. he only has the 25% speedboost cause hes so scared and runs for his life xxxD

wickerbottom is an old lady.

wendy is a child

maybe wx could be able for such athletic actions.

but woudnt that make all other weapons being used much lesser. or if the weapons are so op then players would try only to use them. i like all your ideas but i would like only she can use the spears.

also evrywhere so much wig hater. they profit so much from her helmets and dont respect her. why should wig give them her abbilities ;)

Hell-met    932

She seems balanced already.

Best Klei could do is give her a couple SeaFaring items for RoT like her own mast or something.

• Like 3

ShadowDuelist    3,315
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

i disagree with evrxone can use the special attacks on her spears.

but woudnt that make all other weapons being used much lesser. or if the weapons are so op then players would try only to use them. i like all your ideas but i would like only she can use the spears.

The fact that everyone can use the special actions is to make her stuff team friendly. 

Actually the weapons rework I suggested makes the weapons more fun than, say, dark swords, but they do not deal nearly as much damage. Battle spear already deals slightly more than a normal spear, so making it much more durable would probably compensate its poor damage, and the same goes from giving it special actions. Also I didnt mention that special ctions deal more damage, just AOE at the cost of durability.

It will make her weapons more fun and versatile, but not really OP. And the fact that everyone may want them and keep using them will keep wig relevant.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hell-met    932

Are we even sure wolfgang is intended to have that +25% speed? It's tied to his scale, and in DS bigger scale automatically accomodates move speed. For all we know it might be a side effect Klei didn't plan on.

Lemonsnoot    122

Yeah, i think itd be cool, and in theme. To give her a group damage buff or something. To make combat, especially in groups more dynamic. Also, let her eat butterflies. Butterlfies is not vegggies

• Like 3