Some QoL stuff I'd want surrounding Wormwood

So, Wormwood is coming to DST.Here's some minor QoL stuff I'd like surrounding Wormwood to fit the 'multiplayer' part of his gameplay. It's minor stuff, and not entirely necessary.

- Seeds planted by Wormwood are diggable

A fine gentleman in Maxwell Memes made a great point that Wormwood could simply plant a buch of seed in the middle of the base and players wouldn't be able to put any structures down because the crops have red rings around them. So players would have to either play the waiting game or find and waste fertilizers to rid of the crops. By the time they'd find enough poop Wormwood would have like 10 seeds. Now imagine this but during winter, when plants cannot grow or be fertilized! The only way to get rid of them then is to commit Willow main.

Speaking of

- Players to be able to extinguish Wormwood

Self explanatory. Would not only save Wormwood but also the entire base.

- For other characters to have unique quotes when extinguishing Wormwood

I'm thinking specifically of Willows quote when extinguishing anything. "I wish I'd let it go up in flames..." Imagine her calling a literal sentient plant creature and "it" and loudly say she'd wish she's let them burn. Yikes. I'm thinking she'd say something more friendlier like "Done and done". This goes for other characters aswell. Perhaps they'd pretend the burn wasn't so bas as to not make him feel like a burden. Like "There you go, buddy! Now where's the ice..."

- For Wormwood to have unique quotes for players that extinguished him, or another Wormwood.

This player literally saved his life. I'd think he'd hold some form of gratitude towards this person. Perhaps something simple, like "F-friend?" or "Still don't trust" (in cases of Woodie and Willow, which would be complete psychopaths in his eyes)

Sorry for any Spelling ro grammar mistakes. I was tired af upon making this.

1 hour ago, Kawasaki said:

I would also like to see him now get penalty from rain or maybe less penalty, so we dont make him too OP.

I actually hope that he thrives in the rain due to being a plant, like maybe a small health regen, or maybe just a small speed boost. Maybe as a counter to that his slippery tools are extra slippery.

You have pointed out an important detail and you are good at quotes lol. 

About the rain effect on Wormwood, I think it could speed up its transformation process if it gets wet above a reasonable threshold, maybe 50(with exploits in mind) with a bit less sanity penalty from wetness. It makes sense to me since plants grow faster in spring because of rain.

2 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

It makes more sense for Wormwood to be buffed in the Spring. I'd rather see massive disadvantages for Winter and Summer. 

More specifically winter, although there are exceptions, most plants in the constant don't grow in winter.

Maybe he could get slightly less hp from healing items in Winter (maybe 10% less which is not that much, but it is something) and a bonus hp received from healable items when wet. The amount of wetness you have will determine how much extra you get, being barely wet nothing extra, and 100% wetness a significant extra (E.G. 33% more)

10 hours ago, FeagleSnorf said:

I actually hope that he thrives in the rain due to being a plant, like maybe a small health regen, or maybe just a small speed boost. Maybe as a counter to that his slippery tools are extra slippery.

Nah, man he should grow and bloom into a plant-hulk and be able to crush stuff. All he has to do is plant himself into the ground and soak that sweet water from the soil during rain.

17 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

- Players to be able to extinguish Wormwood

16 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Turning off his combustible trait is probably the best course of action. Too much danger, especially with ignorance. 

You can self extinguish though, I don't see why so many people aren't fond of it?

Like, DST wise. I know in DS he instantly combusts, but the characters in my mod use the same code Wormwood does for catching fire, but they all smoulder and can put themselves out with SPACE or clicking on themselves when smoldering.

I feel like this would be the same for when he's ported, and isn't an issue at all.

2 minutes ago, -Variant said:

You can self extinguish though, I don't see why so many people aren't fond of it?

Like, DST wise. I know in DS he instantly combusts, but the characters in my mod use the same code Wormwood does for catching fire, but they all smoulder and can put themselves out with SPACE or clicking on themselves when smoldering.

I feel like this would be the same for when he's ported, and isn't an issue at all.

It's a great feature. I love it. Just not in DST.

All it takes is a single person not understanding and accidentally setting a shared base on fire. Being able to put themselves out is a step in the right direction but then it begs the question why it's a feature to begin with, if the downside can just be ignored with space. It's thematic, but it'll either cause catastrophic accidents or be so insignificant that it's inclusion doesn't effect anything.

12 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Possible solution to the Woormwood and fire thing: Make it so he can't spread fires when ignited.

This sounds like the perfect solution, it retains one of his downsides without the massive griefing potential.

I believe all of the suggested changes in this forum are great! :wilson_lightbulb:

I think wetness should slow his hunger rate like the mush cap or belt of hunger and he shouldn't lose sanity until its above like 50% because plants can get over watered

as for the fire I think his burn time should last longer and he can randomly set on fire in summer. also this \/

17 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Make it so he can't spread fires when ignited

ash and rot need to be fixed as well.

Archived