Any unknown mechanic to share?

43 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

I noticed that there are 3 characters with sanity aura modifier effects

- Wendy 0.8* the sanity effect

- Wolfgang 1.2* the sanity effect

and surprisingly

- Wortox 0.5* the sanity effect

It seems he is not afraid to stay near monsters. Just saw it in the code.

He doesn't seem to be affected by night times like Wolfie or Wendy, just sanity auras in general, making wortox a good boss fighter.

What does that multiplier mean exactly? Does it only affect negative sanity auras or positive auras as well?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

2- Press LMB on the returning boomerang

3- Press RMB on yourself as soon as the boomerang returns

Didn't know these two, thanks. But I'm still too afraid to try them as traumatic flashbacks of the times when boomerang would shank me to death because I didn't know the method #1 flash before my eyes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Wigfrid regenerates health/sanity twice when using a blowdart. Once when it's fired, once when it's landed. If you get only one instance of regeneration, then the projectile has missed.
  • Wigfrid also used to be able to craft telltale heart for 30 health points instead of 40, due to her resistant to every damage source ( Patched, No longer applies )
  • You can haunt blueprints to get another blueprint, just like mushrooms. If you're lucky, you'll get some good blueprints by haunting useless ones that you find from tumbleweeds.
Edited by JackJohnsn
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 6

19 hours ago, JackJohnsn said:
  •  
  • You can haunt blueprints to get another blueprint, just like mushrooms. If you're lucky, you'll get some good blueprints by haunting useless ones that you find from tumbleweeds.

Can we get any blueprint with this method ? Like those from bosses, like Toadstool ? 

Another question, other thing: The bone helm can not be repaired ? Is there a reason ?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

Can we get any blueprint with this method ? Like those from bosses, like Toadstool ? 

Rare blueprints (the ones that look super fancy) can't be obtained from haunting. You can only convert a blueprint to another blueprint of the same crafting tab (you can't get a shadow manipulator blueprint from haunting a rope blueprint; you can, however, get a purple gem blueprint).

• Like 7

Wormwood’s bramble husk can easily solo big tentacles underground, just wail on the big tentacle and let your armor  take care of the baby tentacles. 

The result is easy early-game tentacle drops and wormhole access in the caves.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Fun fact: Klei originally intended to have monster meat not be feedable to birds at all, but decided against jerky and cooked versions, judging from the comments

unknown.png

Notice that the bird_egg_cooked does not appear, which allows you to create infinite loops for eggs by cooking them and refeeding them to get full egg freshness again.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I’m not 100% sure this works and this is a single player DS mechanic. I’ve heard about this but never tested it so if anyone wants to test it and let me know if it works that would be cool. 

If you play through adventure mode in single player as Wendy and you manage to keep Abigail alive and you switch to a different character via the throne, apparently Abigail will still be there with the new (non Wendy) character and will follow them around and fight for them.

Note if Abigail does die when you have her following a non Wendy character she won’t drop the flower and will disappear for good. 

Again, this is just something I’ve heard mentioned, not sure if it’s true or if it was patched out. 

Edited by MasteroftheTDS
  • Like 4

Soooooo much stuff about the Crockpot, honestly.

If you know how it works, you can make your food go insanely far.

For instance; because of the way Monster Lasagna recipe works, you can put 1 Monster Meat into any recipe and it counts as one full regular meat. 

One of the best, easiest ways to feed yourself is by using easily available Monster Meat. Turn 2 into eggs with a bird, grab a morsel from a rabbit or bird or something, and cook it with a third monster meat, you can turn 3 Monster Meat and 1 Morsel into Bacon & Eggs, one of the best foods in the game. 

Similarly, Ice is one of the best fillers in the game, super easily available and doesn't cancel out most foods like twigs do. 1 Morsel, 1 Honey, and 2 ice is Honey Nuggets. Similarly, you can make Meatballs with 1 Morsel and 3 Ice, or Meaty Stew with 2 Meat, 1 Monster Meat, and 1 Ice. 

Also, Dragonfruit are insanely broken. 1 Dragonfruit + 3 Twigs (or literally any non-meat food, ice works here too.) = Dragonpie. 

Edited by Rosten
  • Like 2

idk if this was talked about before and its only useful in a few situations but

while standing under a tree it gives shade which it works for sometime in summer (after the early days go and its like the middle of the summer it stops preventing overheating) but if you use a whirly fan and run around in circles around the tree its guaranteed to cool you down enough for you to safely walk around for a little while longer and you can keep doing this over and over again till you get to where you need to go

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rosten said:

<snip>

These aren't really unknown, they're common crocpot knowledge

A few crocpot tricks that might not be known is that you can make bacon and eggs with two monster meat guaranteed, and also the following recipe (Twig, Eel, Lychen, Lychen) does not produce fish sticks

Also the cooling and heating values are a bit advanced, and many foods have them.

Edited by loopuleasa
  • Like 3

If you were a little slow getting to the ruins and couldn't manage it before winter you can keep warm without wasting or needing to bring as much materials using hutch. Just smack him with a torch and warm up while he burns. He will heal off the damage quickly. The same principle applies with chester but its usually not an issue staying warm above ground.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2
  • Happy Hazard 1

10 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

These aren't really unknown, they're common crocpot knowledge

A few crocpot tricks that might not be known is that you can make bacon and eggs with two monster meat guaranteed

Not true. I'm pretty sure Bacon & Eggs and Monster Lasagna have the same priority, unless that's been changed since I last played. If you put two monster meat in, you're rolling a 50/50 for Bacon & Eggs or Lasagna, which isn't worth it to save a morsel imo. 

The cooling and heating mechanics are _there_ I guess, IME they're not very useful (except maybe in Summer if you end up being unprepared) much like the sanity foods, which tend to be more effort than they're worth unless you have loads of their components already. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rosten said:

Not true. I'm pretty sure Bacon & Eggs and Monster Lasagna have the same priority, unless that's been changed since I last played. If you put two monster meat in, you're rolling a 50/50 for Bacon & Eggs or Lasagna, which isn't worth it to save a morsel imo. 

Monster Meat + Monster Meat + Tallbird Egg + Twigs/Nightmare Fuel/Volt Goat Horn/Bone Shard/[...] = Beacon & Eggs

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Rosten said:

The cooling and heating mechanics are _there_ I guess, IME they're not very useful (except maybe in Summer if you end up being unprepared) much like the sanity foods, which tend to be more effort than they're worth unless you have loads of their components already. 

You can make Bacon and Eggs with two monster meat and 100% chance

Think about it

• Dropping a poisoned canary ( a canary that is kept in a cage at caves ) on surface will set it free while also dropping 6 saffron feathers. One might leave some canaries in caves and do this every few days for some guaranteed feathers.
  • The dwarf star ( made by star caller's staff ) gives heat, sanity, light, and you can also cook on it. It also burns any nearby objects just like a roaring campfire, including backpacks. Many new players that don't know this accidentally start a fire, mostly on their own stuff.
  • The ice flingomatic's projectiles have AOE effect. It means that you can place a few more objects outside of its range. For example, you can place 1 extra row/column of berry bushes. If the one outside of the range catches on fire, it will spread to the inner bushes, which the ice projectile will put it off, while also affecting the initial bush.
  • No-eyed deer will not run away if it's hit by a hound, tentacle, etc. If they are close to a dangerous biome ( even magma pools ) it is advised to move them to a safer biome, otherwise they might die before winter and you won't be able to fight Klaus.
Edited by JackJohnsn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, loopuleasa said:

Think about it

You'd have to use Tallbird eggs so you can have a slot to put twigs in which invalidates the Monster Lasagna recipe but not the Bacon and Eggs one?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rosten said:

You'd have to use Tallbird eggs so you can have a slot to put twigs in which invalidates the Monster Lasagna recipe but not the Bacon and Eggs one?

Yes, since the normal eggs have an "egg value" of 1 while tallbird egg has an "egg value" of 4. Bacon and eggs needs a total of 1.5 meat value and 1.5 egg value. Although if you use durian as 4th item, you might still end of with spooder lasagna ( the same 50% chance ).

Also Wigfrid told me to tell you, that it's a waste of a good fight!

Edited by JackJohnsn
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

Think about it

13 minutes ago, Rosten said:

Bacon and Eggs can be made with 2 monster meat and 2 eggs at a 50/50 chance. It'll either make Monster Lasagna or Bacon and Eggs as both share the same priority value.

When I end up with way too much monster meat, I tend to try this coin flip, and if I get lasagna I give it to the bird to refund an egg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3