Webber Character Refresh

First I think that Webber should not be the next to receive update, since there are other characters that require more major refresh. I consider Webber one of the coolest characters, although not playing with him. So I was wondering what would be a nice change in his refresh, since he is one of the most balanced characters in the game. One of his greatest traits is obviously his interaction with spiders. Since he's considered one of them. So that's the point I consider to be expanded. 

So come on...

Spiders Nest

1) The possibility of entering the spider nests. Similar to Hamlet's interiors. But this interior would have interactions with the outside.

▸Since that in the Don't Starve, Time and Relative Dimension in Space is possible.  At each level of the spider's Nest the size of that interior would increase.

(Illustrative images made using a photo editor )

qxXZuc4.png

(Spider Nest 3)

Spoiler

K6y5EI7.png

(Spider Nest 1)

qteeVo6.png

(Spider Nest 2)

1) Interactions with the interior

▸ The nest serves as protection. It will protect against hostile creatures. It has a certain amount of life per level, and the spiders present in it will protect against the outside.
▸ Possibility of making small constructions, serving as shelter.
▸ Webber gains sanity staying inside the nest.
▸ Webber moves more faster inside the nest.
▸ In winter the nest serves as insulation against the cold.
▸ During the summer, the temperature of the nest over drastically.
▸ During the rain, the nest protects against rain.

2) Interactions with the exterior

▸ The player will still receive attacks from hounds and bosses. But the spiders and nest will protect.
▸ Every hit on the outside, the inside will tremble alerting attacks. 
▸ If the nest catches fire. All the spiders will come out, and the player present in him will receive damage until his leaves the nest.
▸ If the nest freezes, the player will also freeze.

3) Interactions with No-Webbers

▸ No-Webbers that enters the nest will walk extremely slowly. Similar to the sandstorm of the oasis.
▸ No-Webbers will lose drastically sanity.
▸ Spiders Will Attack No-Webbers.

3) Additional 

▸ Spider breeding System. Inside the nest has some structure where the spiders grow to an adult age. Can Webber interact and control?
▸ Interaction with Spider Queen?
▸ There are several types of spider nests in the game. Will Webber be able to interact with them? 
▸ Ways to reinforce the protection of the nest?
▸ Webber can put a friend spider on his head. Gaining sanity?

▸ Webber can give small jumps, similar to the warrior spider.

▸Can Webber ride in a Spider Queen?

I hope you enjoy my suggestion. I'm open for opinions and other suggestions. :wilson_love:

4 hours ago, zVince said:

First I think that Webber should not be the next to receive update, since there are other characters that require more major refresh. I consider Webber one of the coolest characters, although not playing with him. So I was wondering what would be a nice change in his refresh, since he is one of the most balanced characters in the game. One of his greatest traits is obviously his interaction with spiders. Since he's considered one of them. So that's the point I consider to be expanded. 

So come on...

Spiders Nest

1) The possibility of entering the spider nests. Similar to Hamlet's interiors. But this interior would have interactions with the outside.

▸Since that in the Don't Starve, Time and Relative Dimension in Space is possible.  At each level of the spider's Nest the size of that interior would increase.

(Illustrative images made using a photo editor )

qxXZuc4.png

(Spider Nest 3)

Reveal hidden contents

K6y5EI7.png

(Spider Nest 1)

qteeVo6.png

(Spider Nest 2)

1) Interactions with the interior

▸ The nest serves as protection. It will protect against hostile creatures. It has a certain amount of life per level, and the spiders present in it will protect against the outside.
▸ Possibility of making small constructions, serving as shelter.
▸ Webber gains sanity staying inside the nest.
▸ Webber moves more faster inside the nest.
▸ In winter the nest serves as insulation against the cold.
▸ During the summer, the temperature of the nest over drastically.
▸ During the rain, the nest protects against rain.

2) Interactions with the exterior

▸ The player will still receive attacks from hounds and bosses. But the spiders and nest will protect.
▸ Every hit on the outside, the inside will tremble alerting attacks. 
▸ If the nest catches fire. All the spiders will come out, and the player present in him will receive damage until his leaves the nest.
▸ If the nest freezes, the player will also freeze.

3) Interactions with No-Webbers

▸ No-Webbers that enters the nest will walk extremely slowly. Similar to the sandstorm of the oasis.
▸ No-Webbers will lose drastically sanity.
▸ Spiders Will Attack No-Webbers.

3) Additional 

▸ Spider breeding System. Inside the nest has some structure where the spiders grow to an adult age. Can Webber interact and control?
▸ Interaction with Spider Queen?
▸ There are several types of spider nests in the game. Will Webber be able to interact with them? 
▸ Ways to reinforce the protection of the nest?
▸ Webber can put a friend spider on his head. Gaining sanity?

▸ Webber can give small jumps, similar to the warrior spider.

I hope you enjoy my suggestion. I'm open for opinions and other suggestions. :wilson_love:

What would happen if the nest turns into a spider queen would you have to slay it to gain access to anything you left in the nest? 

Id prefer if we strayed away from Buildings in general especially one specific to only one character... Otherwise we'd go from basebuilding to just interior decor which i don't think should be the goal in a wilderness survival game...  instead id love for Webber to be able to cover most turf with spider webbing in order to ?spiderize? an outside area instead of a separate dimension basically
• As for the spider breeding system isn't that up to the queen to just splurge out eggs or something?
•The spider on head to gain sanity was interesting until i realized if Wilson set another Wilson on his head would he have a very positive mindset?

Webber should have some ways to make the spiders more mobile like in inventory or something so in an emergency like ruins rushing you could plop down a couple spiders to distract clockworks / ancient guardian

allowing for Webber to be more mobile and a less stay at base farming silk for your whole time character

28 minutes ago, AceTheMartyr said:

1. What would happen if the nest turns into a spider queen would you have to slay it to gain access to anything you left in the nest? 

Id prefer if we strayed away from Buildings in general especially one specific to only one character... Otherwise we'd go from basebuilding to just interior decor which i don't think should be the goal in a wilderness survival game...  instead id love for Webber to be able to cover most turf with spider webbing in order to ?spiderize? an outside area instead of a separate dimension basically
• As for the spider breeding system isn't that up to the queen to just splurge out eggs or something?
•The spider on head to gain sanity was interesting until i realized if Wilson set another Wilson on his head would he have a very positive mindset?

1. This Spider Queen question is something else to be resolved. I still can not think of a good solution.

2. Because of that I suggested that for other characters it would be nothing viable to stay inside the nests. That would have been a good thing just for Webber. My idea with this  "interior" Inside the nest. It would be a place for Webber to resort in difficult situations and somehow improve the farm of silk, gland and monster meat. 

•I'm still thinking about a spider system inside the nest. I think it could be something good to be added

6 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

Webber should have some ways to make the spiders more mobile like in inventory or something so in an emergency like ruins rushing you could plop down a couple spiders to distract clockworks / ancient guardian

allowing for Webber to be more mobile and a less stay at base farming silk for your whole time character

Yes. That would be great, too.

4 minutes ago, zVince said:

1. This Spider Queen question is something else to be resolved. I still can not think of a good solution.

2. Because of that I suggested that for other characters it would be nothing viable to stay inside the nests. That would have been a good thing just for Webber. My idea with this  "interior" Inside the nest. It would be a place for Webber to resort in difficult situations and somehow improve the farm of silk, gland and monster meat. 

•I'm still thinking about a spider system inside the nest. I think it could be something good to be added

I mean if this ever does happen we could make the spider queen sort of like PK but you feed her to keep her fat and lazy so she doesnt walk off with your home, kind of like a rent system y'know? or maybe you feed her and she plops out spider nests ready to plant

The issue i have with just having buildings is its lazy to just take the idea of buildings we can enter  and personalize from hamlet... as for improving silk gland and MM production Webber players generally go insane with spider wars anyways :p id like klei to give us something more beneficial to a group of random survivors not just Webber mains

Perhaps to ride the spider queen, Webbers will have to give her silk or meats other than monster meat? Silk is used to upgrade dens so that could be a reason. Monster meat is just too easy to get a whole lot as Webber so I think that restriction should apply. I like the idea of a spider queen rewarding Webber with a piggy-back ride if he brings contributions.

Webber just needs a way to cooperate more effectively with his team. He can't do as much in a group as others, and even when he can he doesn't exactly use his abilities much, removing the point of Webber entirely. Webber's most effective play style mainly benefits other Webber players, and while he is a good source of silk, he cannot provide much anything else unique. Spiders either placed or tamed by Webber shouldn't attack his team. Webber can be outcasted by having spider followers. after that is fixed anything else is entirely up to klei for all I care.

I think you should ditch the whole going inside spider nests. If Webber ever gets refreshed (which would probably after alot of other chars) they should give him more interactions with the Spider Queen and unique spider interractions. Maybe he can provide special silk related items so he can be a unique asset to a team? Maybe some sort of armor or something better than a silk hat for sanity?

Currently Webber is a char is the guy that rakes in endless supply of easy food in the form of Spider Wars to mass produce eggs and gold, as great of a start this gives and it can really carry you through your first year, it pales in comparison to Pig/Bunny Farms and using Bunnies murder Bee Queen, though I guess this is off set by teammates.

I've thought about introducing the Shamlet mask into DST but that would kinda make Webber way too op. Literally kills his big con.

So maybe add a few Webby items or special spiders to our boy Webber to make playing him feel "refreshing" :)

I originally posted this idea on my steam account, but I think it’d be neat if tiny little spiders (think the forge) came out of your beard at different levels. So on the first stage of your beard you get 1 spider, on the second you get 3, and on the third you get 5.

the spiders all have 50 health and deal 40 damage per bite, they respawn 45 seconds after they die.

If you shave your beard they all head towards the nearest den and despawn.

21 hours ago, FeagleSnorf said:

I originally posted this idea on my steam account, but I think it’d be neat if tiny little spiders (think the forge) came out of your beard at different levels. So on the first stage of your beard you get 1 spider, on the second you get 3, and on the third you get 5.

the spiders all have 50 health and deal 40 damage per bite, they respawn 45 seconds after they die.

If you shave your beard they all head towards the nearest den and despawn.

Spoiler

I feel like this is related.

webbersilk.png.85f02eb9ff45d1f1efebf8c59c320358.png

Spoiler

@Day One Webber hey i stole your meme from like 3 years ago just letting you know k thanks

Your ideas are just great, Webber is my favorite character and I wish he had more spider-related abilities.  Webber is the most balanced character?  I find it very powerful!  Meats of unlimited monsters and silks, aids for fighting on the part of spiders as well as spider queen (no need to be friends with), certainly, it has two disadvantages, but I do not even feel them, 100 mental health?  Top hat comes to the rescue, pigs?  It is just as easy to survive without them, while without silk, I find it a bit difficult.  It would be nice if Webber could use different ways of silk for its refreshment.

Archived