Lunar Biome Boss Ideas

I'm very impressed with what Klei has dished out in this first segment Turn of tides of the beta branch Return of them,but i kept thinking about whats to come. O_O It left me thinking of a Lunar biome specific arena Boss that'd hopefully drop another useful blueprint like BeeQueen drops the Bundling Wrap.

However im left stuck thinking
1. What 2 species it would be made up of
The idea of a Mama Saladmander mixed with Undead elements or a Huge Lunar Energy Infused Moth has crossed my mind so far but id love to hear what others can possibly come up with :D
2. What could it possibly drop that's useful, unique, worth the journey, but not overpowered?
• Id recommend some kind of super boat upgrade but the issue of just copying ideas from SW comes to light...
•People have said that bridges would be insanely useful compared to the makeshift raft bridges to make it better than the makeshift raft bridges i think these actual bridges should give a massive speed boost to incentivize using them instead of the raft bridge.
Maybe the Mama Saladmander  would drop some incredible moon glass pickaxe Blueprint plus 10 dragonfruits just cause xD 
On  the other hand the Moth Boss idea would drop an enlightenment amulet that lets you Defeat Gestalts for mass Nightmare fuel drops? Or maybe its head which you can mount on a Pike that generates a "full moon" aura around a small area to make your Werepig farm a constant thing?

It'd be a dream if we as a community through these little brainstorm sessions help Klei out with future content :wilson_smile: 
Anyways I'm really interested to see what we can come up with in terms of balance, utility, uniqueness, but also worth the journey there something that affects the end game on the "mainland" for sure  TY for reading :D 

I want a giant zombie deerclops or bearger with its beating heart burst out of its chest and it actually has more than 2 attacks and isn't an extremely predictable boring fight.

5ce0c265b28e0_Deerclopszombi.png.dc55c3b57acd63cf462eb4ded9b85706.pngthis how it would look, it probably should be more scary too and make player feel true fear as both their life and base is taken away from them

3 hours ago, Warbucks said:

I want a giant zombie deerclops or bearger with its beating heart burst out of its chest and it actually has more than 2 attacks and isn't an extremely predictable boring fight.

5ce0c265b28e0_Deerclopszombi.png.dc55c3b57acd63cf462eb4ded9b85706.png

Reminds me of something. . .
but I feel like that would be too explicitly gory. Klei has leaned more on the "unconventional and weird" kind of gore, like Hounds losing their fur completely and pengulls with their innards frozen over, rather than outright open heart surgery deersatan

I mean, your guess is as good as mine :y

27 minutes ago, AdventZen said:

but I feel like that would be too explicitly gory. Klei has leaned more on the "unconventional and weird" kind of gore, like Hounds losing their fur completely and pengulls with their innards frozen over, rather than outright open heart surgery deersatan

Yeah it is okay I know Klei wouldn't add an epic boss with their heart beating out of their chest because it's too cool for DST, but I do hope whatever future boss they add it's not going to be so predictable like all the bosses they added so far. I would like a boss with actual random attacks or behaviors then fighting it could feel kinda different every time and players don't just repeat the same kiting process 50 times on a health sponge or "boss" which has only 1 attack.

Something more similar to the Forge bosses would be good.

12 hours ago, Warbucks said:

because it's too cool for DST

-Klei, addressing Warbucks' removal (found footage, veri rare)

But yeah, I completely agree with your statement on the current bosses, they're just... plain. I mean, for seasonal bosses I believe it's fine, those guys are meant to be newbie's wake-up call, they can stay simple

But if a player can reach an island entirely made of moon pieces and the crystallized screams of the damned creatures (also fruit) smack dab in the middle of nowhere, and craft a 68 dmg no-penalty weapon... they can take a little beating (heart)

First I couldn't think of a boss which would resemble the man on he moon or a moon bunny. haha 

Only 2 seasonal bosses have potential to spawn outside of a set piece. That's why I don't think nearger and deerclops won't beappearing here.

My next idea would be the a special form of ancient fuel weaver. Had somebody awaked him on the lunar island yet?

We could have a unique version of the three shadows chess piece on the moon biome. They could be made with the moon shard and we would have to break the statue during a full moon on the island.

They would be a bit of an upgrade version just like misery toadstool. They would have different attack patern and have more healt. Maybe have sleep base attack ? They would have a white look like the gesalt. I dont know what there drops could be but here's my little idea

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

I said this in another thread but maybe a bullkelp creature?

There's also bones of fish lying around. Could hint to something greater and weirder.

I like it tbh dont think we've had a fish based boss right?
would this fight happen while on the raft or in the lunar biome?
what would this fish based boss drop?
would it have to be summoned from some kind of pregenerated altar placed in the middle of a setpiece that always spawns?
what numbers of hp could we expect?

2 hours ago, Warlockadamm said:

We could have a unique version of the three shadows chess piece on the moon biome. They could be made with the moon shard and we would have to break the statue during a full moon on the island.

They would be a bit of an upgrade version just like misery toadstool. They would have different attack patern and have more healt. Maybe have sleep base attack ? They would have a white look like the gesalt. I dont know what there drops could be but here's my little idea

The original chess pieces grant access to resetting the ruins or whatever, if we did another variant of a fight thats harder than that it should reward you just as much right? 

I'm happy that this might satisfy players looking for a hard end game objective but whats the best we can receive for defeating these? honestly a stash of Thulecite?? or maybe handful of green gems might not be enough. I would love for them to give us access to a whole new area in the caves maybe specifically caves on the lunar island that is harder than normal caves? who knows xD

6 hours ago, axxel said:

First I couldn't think of a boss which would resemble the man on he moon or a moon bunny. haha 

Only 2 seasonal bosses have potential to spawn outside of a set piece. That's why I don't think nearger and deerclops won't beappearing here.

My next idea would be the a special form of ancient fuel weaver. Had somebody awaked him on the lunar island yet?

I've dreamed of the idea of a Tsundere spaceman but a big end game boss couldn't possibly be the size of a human xD it sounds outright silly to me 
as for the lunar fuel weaver variant id prefer if it was something unique something we haven't experienced, something that throws everyone's expectations  into a wagon sets it on fire and rolls it into the nearest lake and plays i need a hero as it sinks 

23 hours ago, Warbucks said:

5ce0c265b28e0_Deerclopszombi.png.dc55c3b57acd63cf462eb4ded9b85706.pngthis how it would look, it probably should be more scary too and make player feel true fear as both their life and base is taken away from them

this is actually insanely cool lol i kept saying what the **** over n over xD where did you get this image 0_0' 

•What kind of different attacks can we expect from an undead deerboi tho? something similar to the crystal spiders? 
•Would enlightenment affect the fight in any way?
•Is there a reward for defeating this variant of Deerclops now that apparently its eye isn't available to us xD
•What if you purposefully avoid killing Deerclops would this boss not spawn and thus not seek revenge?
•Since a normal Deerclops has a negative sanity drain of like 400 or something would the undead version drain a lot more? i know i lost a bit ****ting myself the first time i saw this image LOL 
•Since this version of Deerclops is closer to death than the normal variant of Deerclops would it in turn have less hp? it'd make sense that it was only moving due to lunar influences so thanks to that its bones are hardened thus harder and supernaturally healthier than original deerboi 

On 19/05/2019 at 4:30 AM, Warbucks said:

You forgot to remove all the fur, the mutations tend to remove all but flesh and bone

It would be nice to see something similar to the bone helm where you could where it to see through enlightened vision, for those who wish to be insane all the time with out an issue I suppose, probably would have a durability. Not a perfect idea by any means but perhaps enlightenment in the future will hold more purpose.   

I really, really want a raft-based boss battle. Most of the mechanics to make a “Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime” style of co-op ship piloting combat are already in place, all we need is something to fight (and preferably a cannon of some kind, because hitting an aquatic boss with a melee weapon from a raft seems tricky, but blow darts are too expensive)

21 hours ago, AceTheMartyr said:

this is actually insanely cool lol i kept saying what the **** over n over xD where did you get this image 0_0'

it's one my friend's old drawings lol

What kind of different attacks can we expect from an undead deerboi tho? something similar to the crystal spiders? 

i didn't really put much thought into it. I guess since it's undead their attack period would be random as well as having 2-3 attacks which it randomly preforms. Since everything will be random it will be harder to fight because you can't predict what it's going to do next. It's not in the drawing, but maybe instead of having an empty eyehole its eye can be filled with lunar light or something and it can shoot lunar eyelazers which fill the player's enlightenment bar a lot and deals a lotta damage too

Is there a reward for defeating this variant of Deerclops now that apparently its eye isn't available to us xD

Maybe they can add new loot to existing bosses like the deerclops drops his antlers which you can use in something or it just exists to make your life harder :D!

What if you purposefully avoid killing Deerclops would this boss not spawn and thus not seek revenge?

Since a normal Deerclops has a negative sanity drain of like 400 or something would the undead version drain a lot more?

yeah x2

I just hope whatever future boss we probably get it will be hardcore :D!

On 5/20/2019 at 3:57 AM, FuffledBeeQueen said:

You forgot to remove all the fur, the mutations tend to remove all but flesh and bone

Could you imagine the bosses without fur? Like a lunar aporkalypse that brings them back severely wrong. 
Deerclops would make moon glass spikes instead of ice for an attack and have a special glowing eyeball for a lightup eyebrella. 
Dragonfly puking out gestalts and being almost entirely scaleless ; Antlion growing a lunar chitin armor to cover up the raw flesh ; Bearger coated in ice and going intensely feral rather than hungry ; tiny versions of Toadstool fall from the sky during storms. 

6 hours ago, TurtleKitty said:

tiny versions of Toadstool fall from the sky during storms. 

This should be the lunar island's version of frog rain, and would be a pain since the toads will stomp any nearby structures, but they also drop mushrooms

what about this?
Evolved Glommer
spawn during full moon
health: 5000, sanity aura: 20/sec, spawn shattered spider, summon multitude of moonrock crystals to fall towards the general location of player ,attack damage: 50
Note:
this image is Rom the Vacous Spider from Bloodborne

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4ab9814a53d25ce22d24782fe914fa8c.png

1 hour ago, Yukanur said:

what about this?
Evolved Glommer
spawn during full moon
health: 5000, sanity aura: 20/sec, spawn shattered spider, summon multitude of moonrock crystals to fall towards the general location of player ,attack damage: 50
Note:

Reveal hidden contents

Nuuuuuuuuu! Don't make Glommer fight! :wilson_cry: 

2 hours ago, Xenologist said:

This should be the lunar island's version of frog rain, and would be a pain since the toads will stomp any nearby structures, but they also drop mushrooms

Definitely. They'd give great loot in total, but it would be quite the work to do so. 
Maybe using a Canary bag or it raining on New Moon could spawn Misery variants?

8 minutes ago, TurtleKitty said:

Definitely. They'd give great loot in total, but it would be quite the work to do so. 
Maybe using a Canary bag or it raining on New Moon could spawn Misery variants?

sounds good, that or lunacy

I was thinking that there could be more of a zombie centered boss,  (doesnt actually have to be a zombie tjo it could just have some necromancy powers) for example the fiah bones we see lying around they could be used to create some sort of giant kraken or leviathan boss or maybe have a chance to drop a key that would spawn one out in the ocean.

On 5/21/2019 at 6:37 PM, Yukanur said:

what about this?
Evolved Glommer
spawn during full moon
Note:

Reveal hidden contents

fk me that image got me spooped other than that not bad i could definitely see glommer as a boss xD

7 hours ago, MarkPatak said:

I was thinking that there could be more of a zombie centered boss,  (doesnt actually have to be a zombie tjo it could just have some necromancy powers) for example the fiah bones we see lying around they could be used to create some sort of giant kraken or leviathan boss or maybe have a chance to drop a key that would spawn one out in the ocean.

imagine you walking on the moon island then all the sudden the water turns red and all the fish bones start shambling toward you

Archived