Wagstaff Lore

3 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Actually, he doesn't wear gloves by the looks of it so he can't be the same one we saw in a Winona trailer (unless you're talking about a different factory).

I'm just guessing he just took the other one off.

I have a theory, but a poo-poo doo-doo one at that. Anyways, considering his likeness to Wilson in appearance I kinda think that perhaps he's Wilson from the future but with some of the effects of old age such as poor vision, stomach issues, and perhaps dementia? Would partially explain how he knows so much of this place, while also explaining why everything seems to new to him as well. As for why...I dunno, this is just a tiny theory tbh. Take it with salt if you will.

21 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

I have a theory, but a poo-poo doo-doo one at that. Anyways, considering his likeness to Wilson in appearance I kinda think that perhaps he's Wilson from the future but with some of the effects of old age such as poor vision, stomach issues, and perhaps dementia? Would partially explain how he knows so much of this place, while also explaining why everything seems to new to him as well. As for why...I dunno, this is just a tiny theory tbh. Take it with salt if you will.

the problem with that is why would he change his name or build a factory also how would he got back in to the constant

On 4/18/2019 at 11:57 PM, Owlrus98 said:

All in all though I will say, I personally don't think Wagstaff wants the power from the Constant for malevolent reasons; I think he just wants to satiate his own morbid curiosity by understanding it. 

I think the bigger picture is that he wanted to find the source of dark magic so he can bring it back and use it to benefit society. 

Of course, that would be disastrous for the entire world if he did that, given what happened to the ancients. Maxwell got away with it because he used it for his own selfish purposes until he paid the price for it, but Wagstaff sounds like he wants to revolutionize the world. 

Dusk; "A rapid sunset! Time must flow different here"

He also confirms that time flows different in Constant.

Charlie warning: Something like "Show yourself, I've been wanting to meet you"

He either knew Charlie or that Darkness Monster exists.

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Actually, he doesn't wear gloves by the looks of it so he can't be the same one we saw in a Winona trailer (unless you're talking about a different factory).

It's definitely him. He mentions his factory in several quotes and his quotes about the Divining Rod/Base are similar to Winona's. And, he calls the radio the PR-76, which is the product name of the Voxola Radio.

I don’t know about you, but when I lose I glove, I don’t just continue walking around with the remaining one on. I guess if it were really cold , one glove might be better than nothing, but it’s not cold in Hamlet.

i don’t know much about game animation, but I believe DS characters look the same no matter which side is facing the camera, so it also seems unlikely to have a character with the different right and left side. 

7 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

I don’t know about you, but when I lose I glove, I don’t just continue walking around with the remaining one on. I guess if it were really cold , one glove might be better than nothing, but it’s not cold in Hamlet.

i don’t know much about game animation, but I believe DS characters look the same no matter which side is facing the camera, so it also seems unlikely to have a character with the different right and left side. 

1 hour ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I’ve never seen people obsess over gloves so much. If he lost one glove then it’s not very likely he’d just keep the other one on.

It's not just about the gloves.. Lol... I give some other pointers there

Its just a theory tho... Nothing more nothing less

10 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Maxwell said this ages ago, though.

23 hours ago, Szczuku said:

He also confirms that time flows different in Constant.

Plus I meant that he confirms that in Constant time moves different than in real World. I'm talking about sunset in 1 sec or season change throughout the night.

When Maxwell said that time moves different in Constant than in real world he meant that 1 minute in Constant could be 1 hour in real world or something like this.

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Plus I meant that he confirms that in Constant time moves different than in real World. I'm talking about sunset in 1 sec or season change throughout the night.

When Maxwell said that time moves different in Constant than in real world he meant that 1 minute in Constant could be 1 hour in real world or something like this.

Fair, fair!

On 19.4.2019 at 9:27 AM, Szczuku said:

He either knew Charlie or that Darkness Monster exists.

Hey if you have paid close attention in the Next of Kin movie there is a poster of a nightmare creature. So he was aware of Nightmares. There were enough wintesses in the final act of Maxwell and there are hints in the making of that the goverment might have connection to automatons/chess monster or the goverment tried to remove evidences. And he could have seen Charlie before Winona and was aware she was the Darkness Monster. 

I am curious why he was shocked about WX...could it be that automatons cannot function on earth until they can get conciousness in the constant? This might be an answer why Bernie can walk because certain object could carry the will of their owner. WX might hate life forms because he was thrown away as an unfinished invention.

Just now, axxel said:

I am curious why he was shocked about WX...could it be that automatons cannot function on earth until they can get conciousness in the constant? This might be an answer why Bernie can walk because certain object could carry the will of their owner. WX might hate life forms because he was thrown away as an unfinished invention.

I think Wagstaff is surprised both to see his automaton with its own consciousness and sitting on the throne

Remember that regular clockworks drop nightmare fuel as loot.. that is probably how he gained it 

15 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:
On 19.04.2019 at 1:14 AM, Portmanteau said:

TURF_DRAGONFLY = "I postulate it's made of a silicate.

Wait, is Dragonfly turf in DS now?

Hide contents
On 19.04.2019 at 1:14 AM, Portmanteau said:

ARMORDRAGONFLY = "Is it made of asbestos?"

Hmmm?

Asbestos as a mineral is silicate. Just saying

11 hours ago, axxel said:

Wagstaff is strange indeed.

Wagstaff has got a slew of typos in his speech, makes me uncomfortable.
I was planning on finding them all and putting them into 1 big report, because I've certainly found a few.

Archived