Webber's Rework, Forget the Spider Side

first off I'm sure Webber's rework will be one of the last ones but hear me out for a bit.

Webber is one of my all time favorite characters in this game aka hes my main, however for all my time playing him one thing has been bothering me more then ever... all of his perks are from the spider and is that bad? no.
now I know what your thinking, "hes a kid what perks could he have???" and well... its farming.
WebberRework.png.749e20907cc03ff867d697a518e84680.png
Webber's rework should focus on not the spider side (even though I do think some things should be added like being able to craft the other spider dens and webbed flooring) but it should focus on Webber's life before the Constant before the spider, it should be about him bring new ways to farm in the Constant. heck it could just be a cooler version of the Gorge farming! and that would be fine just something more about his past and his family.

10 minutes ago, Smitty Inc. said:

first off I'm sure Webber's rework will be one of the last ones but hear me out for a bit.

Webber is one of my all time favorite characters in this game aka hes my main, however for all my time playing him one thing has been bothering me more then ever... all of his perks are from the spider and is that bad? no.
now I know what your thinking, "hes a kid what perks could he have???" and well... its farming.
Webber's rework should focus on not the spider side (even though I do think some things should be added like being able to craft the other spider dens and webbed flooring) but it should focus on Webber's life before the Constant before the spider, it should be about him bring new ways to farm in the Constant. heck it could just be a cooler version of the Gorge farming! and that would be fine just something more about his past and his family.

tbh I wouldn't mind some "goat" related perks for him. Maybe they can follow him easier to create a new herd or something like that

My first main was Webber and he guided me through a good 200 hours before I dropped him in favor of WX. His playstyle of "just spider farm until you have too much silk lmao" gets boring after a while.

Also, the farming idea might work, but I'd much rather have more ways to interact with spiders. Webber calls spiders his "friends" but the meta forces him to start a massive genocide if he wants to be respectable. I don't really have any ideas that might go with this, in terms of the "more ways of interacting with spiders" bit, but yall can help me on this, yeh?

While I do adore his lore of being the son of a farmer, (or any of his lore for that matter ha) I too would much rather Klei give him more perks to interact with his spider buddies. Being able to ride a spider queen and sleeping inside spider dens are a couple things that I've seen suggested quite a bit, though I'm not entirely sure if the former would be balanced. I've seen a few suggestions that he be about to build Spilagmites on the surface so that he could have access to the more powerful cave spiders and spitters, which I would definitely love! Personally, I've always wanted to have the ability to simply call spiders out of their den during the day along with being able to befriend more spiders per meat.

ya don't get me wrong I would love to see more with spiders (probably should have said this in the main post...)
I did have the idea that he could have something similar to the forge spiders but instead make them ether do less damage or he just has less of them.
for riding a spider queen I really can't see that happening do to the fact Webber isn't seen by other spiders as being higher rank then them they just see him as another spider.

SPIDER NEST HOUSES.

Ye pretty much he could craft a “Large Spider Den” it would act like a house from hamlet and it would spawn 2 guard spiders outside during dusk (Imagine warrior spiders with red instead of that awful greenish yellow, with claws like the Queens) which would patrol the area and attack anything non spider/Webber.

so ye das it...

16 hours ago, Stonetribe said:

I've seen a few suggestions that he be about to build Spilagmites on the surface so that he could have access to the more powerful cave spiders and spitters, which I would definitely love! Personally, I've always wanted to have the ability to simply call spiders out of their den during the day along with being able to befriend more spiders per meat.

that would be awesome from a fossil farming perspective.. and again one reason to take him for a spin besides the whole "let's invade the world" theme... xD

riding a spider queen... let's go!

tumblr_inline_o86go9IFgZ1r05k7p_540.png

(Credit to Dero) https://quackadero.tumblr.com/post/145339173904/can-you-draw-webber-being-cute-and-riding-the

wat about breeding spiders?

also i like the idea of farming it would:

1 fill the need for a farmer character

2 tie Webber to their lore

3 give them more synergies like if you have a Wortox go spider themed Webber if you have a Wickerbottom then go for a farming strat

6 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

wat about breeding spiders?

also i like the idea of farming it would:

1 fill the need for a farmer character

2 tie Webber to their lore

3 give them more synergies like if you have a Wortox go spider themed Webber if you have a Wickerbottom then go for a farming strat

I got a sudden jolt of joy thinking about cute little spiders with different coat patterns, kinda like the Li'l Oinks from Paper Mario....so cute...:love_heart:

32 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

I got a sudden jolt of joy thinking about cute little spiders with different coat patterns, kinda like the Li'l Oinks from Paper Mario....so cute...:love_heart:

HolycrapthatwouldbethemostadorablenonsenseeverandIloveitbutpleasedon'tactuallyaddthattothegamebecauseIphysicallywouldn'tbeabletohandlewatchingspecialspidersraisedfrombirthdyingorgettinghurtinanywayahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ehem...

You know, speaking of farming what if Webber had some way of safely harvesting silk from his spider friends? Maybe it could require some kind of special tool or special structure that houses spiders to be kept as silk producing "livestock" (I believe I've seen a few mods that do exactly that actually) Sure you don't get the monster meat and glands from spider wars, but at least Webber doesn't have to manipulate his beloved spider friends to commit small scale genocide for his benefit.

5 hours ago, Bluegeist said:

16 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'd love to see the spiders have beefalo emote mechanics when Webber's with them. So if Webber is emoting, they emote with him.:wilson_ecstatic:

I need both of these implemented into the game right now or im going to commit Duolingo Bird on someone

6 hours ago, Canis said:

Duolingo Bird

Fear.

On the topic, I love the idea of Webber hitting his farming roots.
The spider things are sounding nice, sure, but there's a whole thread going on already about why characters shouldn't have their reworks based around the content they bring, rather than the character themself.

Webber is an exception, being the only one able to be around spiders, so I can see either way working out.
Personally, new spiders aren't something I'm against. Cough.

You can never have enough fluffy boys.

I have a stupid idea, but it would be fun if Webber could sleep weaving webs for 9 bristles. If every 20 days he does not sleep in his canvas hanging from a tree, he would lose mental health, after 30 days he will need to sleep in it. Because with his beard, around days 40, we have too many bristles. I would also like him to be able to weave canvases on the ground, without the need to add spider nests, which would be great to facilitate the kite against the enemies. Webber has potential, well used now, but it could do more, like Winona, Wormwood and Wortox.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:29 AM, Smitty Inc. said:

i liked making farms as webber even before I knew this.

Archived