Rhymes with Play Dev Cast - Don't Starve Together: Wortox

wortox_stream.png

Episode 231 - Wortox the Soul Starved is hopping his way into the Constant to join our intrepid band of Survivors. Join the Don't Starve Together dev team this Thursday, March 28th, where we will be playing and discussing Wortox, live on Twitch.tv

Be sure to click the follow button on the Klei Twitch channel to get alerted whenever we go live. As always, the Rhymes with Play Dev Cast is live every Thursday at 3:30 PM Pacific (10:30 PM UTC)

Where is it?
https://www.twitch.tv/kleientertainment

Use our handy widget below to see when the Dev Cast goes live in your area:

Everyone want Wortox now but no one thinking about doing more popular RwP. Its obvious that people will go play as Wortox or watching other streams because they will have earlier character. RwP is like patch preview, no patch post-launch. :wilson_cry:

SCREECHES IN PIGLATIN
I'm divideeeed!

If update comes first, we get sweet sweet ghost-vore furry-helldog to test out, and possibly mention any oddities the community has found on the updates on the stream
Buuuut, the community is always going to find things to nitpick, so having the stream first makes sure we get some quality talk with the devs and some answers to questions that might pop up before said update...

Honestly, I have no clue, it's already merry christmas for me, just don't make me say "ghost-vore furry-helldog" ever again.

Questions that I want answered:

1. Is he Canon but doesnt interact much with the others survivors much?(perhaps appears after a while, spends time with them and leaves)

2. Why his survivor skin is different. 

3. What caused the corruption, why and what changed others than apperence. 

The mischievous part of me wonders what would happen if Klei spent that stream by showing us Wortox running around in circles for a few minutes and then switching to Winona for the rest of the time.

18 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

I believe Joe said that Wortox is non-canon.

Can't what he said be interpreted as Wortox is canon BUT is not important in the overall storyline, which is why I said "appears, is with survivors, leaves"

8 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

I believe Joe said that Wortox is non-canon.

From what I remember the wording wasn't implying Wortox not being canon to DST - which imo would be counter-productive and, in fact, pretty pointless and dumb: then why even release a character for your game if you tell people you don't actually consider it.. a character in your game - but only that Wortox doesn't add to the main backtrack-story set in motion by Winona's video-piece and continued with each new monthly reworked-character one. Aka Wortox's video is a character introduction from present DST timeline (that's why a different art-style apparently with a different team of artists - hope will be something good) while rest of rebalanced-character videos are glimpses into past and how they reached Constant (done in classic Klei's DST burtonesque art-style), aka bits and pieces of lore added. We will see more tonight anyway.

3 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

Can't what he said be interpreted as Wortox is canon BUT is not important in the overall storyline, which is why I said "appears, is with survivors, leaves"

This is why I hate English

Just now, x0VERSUS1y said:

why even release a character for your game if you tell people you don't actually consider it.. a character in your game

Think Fukua from Skull Girls.

-----------------------

What I think is, Wortox's existence is canon, but any interaction with the Starvers, or any influence on the lore surrounding the Starvers, is non-canon.

Archived