[Game Update] - 312373

• Developer
  • Fix for Sweeper Arm sometimes not being able to reach any storages even when they're in plain sight
  • Add some additional checks to try and track down invalid Errand crashes
  • Fix another crash with input with IMEs such as Chinese
  • Updated Korean and Chinese translations
  • Fix a crash when setting Dupe priority to "disabled"

View full update

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

55 minutes ago, Sebastiangperez said:

Does anyone have the issue when the dupes build or deconstruct pipes and freeze for a seconds for each pipe? , this is on Linux.

Pretty sure that happens when the game takes too long to calculate what a dupe should be doing. Each pipe is a separate task, and the game only plans one task at a time, for the most part. Playing at a lower speed might help.

@Ipsquiggle If you haven't seen these yet, please make sure someone on the team notices them. I hope the posts are detailed enough to help you track down exactly what's causing the issue. I'm happy to help do more testing if you need any. Keep up the great work. This game is awesome.

1. Infinite power from a transformer and some batteries.  No generators are needed anymore. 
  2. Gaseous element conversion - convert any gas into any other gas with a super simple build, place able anywhere. 

Here are the forum posts in graphical form.

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, 0xFADE said:

Any fix for sweepers getting in to a state where they quit doing stuff?  Maybe that is them not thinking they can access something. 

Yes this should be fixed, sorry if the patch note wasn't clear. Let me know if there are still any issues!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just noticed it:

The "empty pipe tool" doesn´t work on conveyor rails. (But the interface shows an option to select conveyor rails.)

Spoiler

Maybe make deconstruction consistent while touching the overlays again.

1. Let us deconstruct wire bridges in the power overlay.

2. Let us see the deconstruction icon for conveyor rails/bridges in the conveyor overlay.

22 hours ago, Sebastiangperez said:

Does anyone have the issue when the dupes build or deconstruct pipes and freeze for a seconds for each pipe? , this is on Linux.

windows too, although only in late game not early game ( ie 200+ cycles

On 1.3.2019 at 1:39 AM, Ipsquiggle said:
On 1.3.2019 at 12:26 AM, 0xFADE said:

Any fix for sweepers getting in to a state where they quit doing stuff?  Maybe that is them not thinking they can access something. 

Yes this should be fixed, sorry if the patch note wasn't clear. Let me know if there are still any issues!

Now, I am able to confirm that there is still an issue with auto-sweepers !

There are 2 bugs in the current game that kill unsupervised bases:

1. Auto-sweeper stops working (encountered it again 10.03  Version Q2-312713)

2. Power shut-off stops working (saw some frozen in the active and some in the inactive state)

1 hour ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

2. Power shut-off stops working (saw some frozen in the active and some in the inactive state)

Here's a fix workaround for the power shutoff issue. Thanks to @Saturnus.  I have had it happen as well, but not with this.

Edited by mathmanican
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mathmanican said:
6 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Have shown my build isn't consistent

Thanks.  You did say in that thread that you were not 100% sure why it works.  It has been better than my version. Dang, I thought we had a nice workaround.

Just got excited about the fix ^^

(I use my power shut-offs just to reduce the heat output of my power transformers, so deconstructing all power shut-offs seemd like the superior solution till it gets patched.)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Now, I am able to confirm that there is still an issue with auto-sweepers !

1. Auto-sweeper stops working (encountered it again 10.03  Version Q2-312713)

Yep. Submitted few days ago into Bug tracker. For me auto-sweepers stop moving stuff from conveyor receptacle to container. Rebuilding the receptacle solve the issue. Still it's pretty contraining.

• Like 1

Yep. Submitted few days ago into Bug tracker. For me auto-sweepers stop moving stuff from conveyor receptacle to container. Rebuilding the receptacle solve the issue. Still it's pretty contraining.

Same to me. Reloading the game solve temporary the issue, same as shine bugs eating habits and shove voles.