Efficient way to make Hydrogen?

Currently I'm in a late game rare resource rocket farm and I'm very short on hydrogen. Electrolyzer produces only 112 G/s (I have 1 plant with 3) and just one of my rockets consumes 1200 Kg of liquid hydrogen per flight. Of course I can build more lyzers but I really don't know where can I put such huge amount of oxygen without any exploits or venting it to the space.Obviously I have no hydrogen geysers on the map.

Any ideas?

A Hydrogen rocket running on the standard 2 cargo rockets will only use 62 kilos per cycle. To produce that, you need to Electrolyze 553 kilos of water, yielding 500 kilos of oxygen. You will have an excess of 440 kilos of oxygen, which will be soaked up by 7 dupes.

I don't know what your dupe count looks like, but you should be able to treat hydrogen as a byproduct for at least the first two rockets. After that, use petroleum rockets.

9 hours ago, JohnFrancis said:

Take that excess oxygen, liquefy it and put it into petroleum rockets. I run 2 hydrogen and 4 petroleum rockets I even come out with a bit of excess hydrogen.

I'm kinda short in space for making multiple rockets as I have 70% of space covered by solar plants

30 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Do you need all that extra energy?

Extra? O.o

Solar is my primary power source, but I always need additional power gen by the time my bases are near complete :) 

@Vampyre_by Couple of choices for you :

• dense puft farm for the heck of it
  • store it all in a big ol' tank (or "exploity tank" if your morals allow)
  • liquefy and store in bottles/tank
  • solidify and store in a dropper room
  • delete it with a door chomper

Thats all I got :) 

10 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Extra? O.o

Solar is my primary power source, but I always need additional power gen by the time my bases are near complete :) 

@Vampyre_by Couple of choices for you :

• dense puft farm for the heck of it
  • store it all in a big ol' tank (or "exploity tank" if your morals allow)
  • liquefy and store in bottles/tank
  • solidify and store in a dropper room
  • delete it with a door chomper

Thats all I got :) 

Thanks. I will think about solidifying, Or I will drop this run as always as I have nothing to do on 700 cycle already. 

3 minutes ago, Vampyre_by said:

Or I will drop this run as always as I have nothing to do on 700 cycle already. 

Sounds like you're lacking inspiration more than lacking things to do ;)

Sour gas boiler? Every farm? Luxury space base? Must be something left for you to derp around with :D 

21 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

Is it a glitch? Nope

Hah! When the game states the exact output of a building, and you force it to output more than those stated values, i'm fairly sure that's a glitch ;) 

Just like when we used to be able to build tiles over the top of geysers (or when world gen overlapped geysers) to force them to over produce. They're the very definition of glitches/bugs/exploits - at least own them, don't try and lie to yourself :D 

49 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Hah! When the game states the exact output of a building, and you force it to output more than those stated values, i'm fairly sure that's a glitch ;)

That's a glitch if you consider that phenomenon in the real physical concept. The fact is the game convert the gas when two are in a race to reach a vacuum tile. So wether you undergo the system (oxygen "delete" the hydrogen) wether you turn it for you advantage. :)

10 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

That's a glitch if you consider that phenomenon in the real physical concept. The fact is the game convert the gas when two are in a race to reach a vacuum tile. So wether you undergo the system (oxygen "delete" the hydrogen) wether you turn it for you advantage. :)

No no, let's be clear here - it's a glitch/exploit/bug (or whatever other term you choose) - plain and simple, and there's nothing wrong with that - just don't try and dress it up as something else :) Talk of phenomenons and physical concepts don't counter the fact that this exists :

datruth.thumb.png.3a4330acb218568d694b89d678e6e08f.png

Putting wheels on a horse doesn't make it a car...

It makes it a horsemobile

Spoiler

Image result for horsemobile

4 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

No no, let's be clear here - it's a glitch/exploit/bug (or whatever other term you choose) - plain and simple, and there's nothing wrong with that - just don't try and dress it up as something else :) Talk of phenomenons and physical concepts don't counter the fact that this exists :

Hide contents

Ok so if you put your electrolyser in a small room and get more oxygen and less hydrogen than announced in the window, it's a glitch? ;)

I admit I exploit a game mechanic to my advantage.

11 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

Ok so if you put your electrolyser in a small room and get more oxygen and less hydrogen than announced in the window, it's a glitch? ;)

Yes it is. As it's not really what the game itself indicates it should do. But it's ok. It's a glitch that cannot really be avoided. You just use it at your advantage and it's a nice concept in my opnion.

32 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

Yes, of course it is.

Doesn't matter what the outcome is - if you've found a way to exploit or glitch the game, then chances are that you've found an exploit or glitch :D 

And let's be clear - I'm not against them, I regularly build over pressurised tanks for my gasses/liquids - and generally advise others to do so as well. Where I've always chosen to draw the line is with the old hydra builds (and variants of) that force additional materials to be produced for no increase in cost - which is exactly what your bugged electrolyzer is doing.

Now, if in the in-game description it said "You can potentially bug the hell out of this electrolyzer by covering it with liquid, or creating momentary vacuums that will yield you greater output for no additional input cost" - then hell, happy days. It doesn't though. It says a fixed output as the screenshot above clearly shows. Put in X, get out Y.

Just like the current transformer bug is breaking the game by giving free power, I'd argue that bugging electrolyzers is no less "exploity" - even moreso, as you're intentionally doing it.

This is awesome @SamLogan.  I would like to understand the piping you have shown here (I assume they are mechanical gas filters but I can't quite follow) and especially the paragraph below where you use vents to further increase the hydrogen imbalance.  Do you send filtered output gas back into the chamber at the two empty spots?  Would you mind including some pictures of that setup?

image.thumb.png.eef4de8a34dbd8e119b35aaf2bc33eb5.png

4 minutes ago, Sigma Cypher said:

This is awesome @SamLogan.  I would like to understand the piping you have shown here (I assume they are mechanical gas filters but I can't quite follow) and especially the paragraph below where you use vents to further increase the hydrogen imbalance.  Do you send filtered output gas back into the chamber at the two empty spots?  Would you mind including some pictures of that setup?

The reddit thread is nothing to do with Sam, you'll have to check reddit to speak to the OP.

If anyone are interesting in gas conversion, why not think about this one? It's 100% conversion.

Though Klei claimed they had fixed it, but AFAIK, at least until QoL 2 test bench, it's not fixed.

And certainly, it's an exploit.

3 hours ago, nakomaru said:

Call the cops on anyone feeding water through an aquatuner - they are actually generating a thousand times more heat than what it says on the tin.

Klei has been ignoring a bundle of exploits. It's one of them.

Maybe Klei just wants to teach us a lesson, don't easily believe in others

9 hours ago, R9MX4 said:

If anyone are interesting in gas conversion, why not think about this one? It's 100% conversion.

Well aware of it. :)  Some day I'll build a fun contraption with this one.  For now the infinite power loop has got me tinkering with other things. I will probably build a PW-> PO2 -> H2 converter, with an infinite waterfall and strength training, sometimes soon. If only there were 10 more hours in each day. Maybe I can find a way to get those extra hours into the day in ONI. 

Archived