Tips and Tricks for Hamlet

Codina

On 26/03/2019 at 1:21 PM, MWY said:

quite the expensive trade for just 100 oincs, buying gold in the mineral exchange is 10 oincs per gold.

No it isn't. Why would you buy gold when you sync with DS/RoG anyway, trade with some eggs you got from countless monster meat or even pig skin, get stacks of gold, trade for tons of oinc. Still much better than going to individual usher for oinc or even cutting clippings with shears.

21 minutes ago, Charsis said:

No it isn't. Why would you buy gold when you sync with DS/RoG anyway, trade with some eggs you got from countless monster meat or even pig skin, get stacks of gold, trade for tons of oinc. Still much better than going to individual usher for oinc or even cutting clippings with shears.

I have been able to get oincs a lot more easily with clippings and Gold is not a good trading item as the return for it is lesser then its price, besides that its a lot more important then just oincs in general (wishing well being the biggest benefit as it can recover your health and remove any poison)

and check the method @Theukon-dos has given. 

its even more easier then clipping shearing.

also usher cherry trading is the MOST tedious method of oinc trading cause you have to continuously find that grandpork everyday for just 4 oincs.

12 hours ago, MWY said:

I have been able to get oincs a lot more easily with clippings and Gold is not a good trading item as the return for it is lesser then its price, besides that its a lot more important then just oincs in general (wishing well being the biggest benefit as it can recover your health and remove any poison)

and check the method @Theukon-dos has given. 

its even more easier then clipping shearing.

also usher cherry trading is the MOST tedious method of oinc trading cause you have to continuously find that grandpork everyday for just 4 oincs.

10 oinc per gold being sold meqans nothing, you can very reliably get hundreds of oinc if you cook monster meat or get any other meat, feed to bird in cage if necessary, then trade to pig king. Especially useful when you are wickerbottom and farming birds, you get well over 100 morsels every time, which mean over 100 gold which is hundreds of oinc! Method Theukon-dos mention take pig skin and rocks, mine doesn't. So long as you don't buy gold for 10 oinc normally, only when you really need gold and not have it, then this method is very reliable. Bank could sell it for 5 oinc, 20 oinc or whatever it would not make difference to method because buying gold for oinc is not part of process.

2 hours ago, Charsis said:

10 oinc per gold being sold meqans nothing, you can very reliably get hundreds of oinc if you cook monster meat or get any other meat, feed to bird in cage if necessary, then trade to pig king. Especially useful when you are wickerbottom and farming birds, you get well over 100 morsels every time, which mean over 100 gold which is hundreds of oinc! Method Theukon-dos mention take pig skin and rocks, mine doesn't. So long as you don't buy gold for 10 oinc normally, only when you really need gold and not have it, then this method is very reliable. Bank could sell it for 5 oinc, 20 oinc or whatever it would not make difference to method because buying gold for oinc is not part of process.

Have you even touched the executive hammer? Taking out the royal city alone is Enough resources to last you in-game months, And then you're probably going to want to also tear down most of the first city, since those pigs don't pay Taxes.

Boards I ran out of, Though that's mostly from building a Manure ton of chests.

4 hours ago, Charsis said:

you need the Pig King for this. you need to cross world which I prefer doing in late game and I need a method that is limited to Hamlet and its current place, it is a good method for late game but a stack of 20 Gold versus 100 Oincs, I'll take the Gold cause gold has more use in crafting and Hamlet is not abundant with gold. 

(Wigfrid player here as well, Gold is very important to me for the Battle Helms)

The Brain of Thought gives access to the Key to the City tabs, so if you're coming into Hamlet from elsewhere and wanna get an early start on your city building or get access to the 2nd island shops without having to go there, just bring some brains.

EDIT: So I was just fooling around with this and uhh...

rgTtPHV.jpg

4akERjT.jpg

kfK3pQB.jpg

Buildings in buildings in buildings.

@Jason You oughta see this.

When you leave it puts you in the void:

ZBP3mZE.png

jmyORfe.jpg

Those seem to be Accomploshrine markers on the map for some reason. Along with the Mineral Exchange which the game thinks I exited into from the Town Hall.

An update on my last tip involving planting grass on grassland turf to grow tall grass

-Tall grass spawns Wevoles, which can be killed for Monster meat and carapaces for Hard shell tacos

-Tall grass does not need fertilized, meaning it's much easier to set up a farm early on

On 3/24/2019 at 5:00 AM, MWY said:

The Bramble Root Trunk is available for Crafting in RoG.

Klei implemented Minecraft's Enderchest in Don't Starve! XDDD

On 3/29/2019 at 6:02 PM, Theukon-dos said:

An update on my last tip involving planting grass on grassland turf to grow tall grass

-Tall grass spawns Wevoles, which can be killed for Monster meat and carapaces for Hard shell tacos

-Tall grass does not need fertilized, meaning it's much easier to set up a farm early on

I've heard you can plant tall grass in RoG cave for carapaces and lichen for infinite Hard shell tacos. 

"Digging up or burning an infested Tall Grass tuft will remove the infestation, and cause another, randomly selected Tall Grass tuft in the world to become infected.

Tall Grass tufts replanted by the player may become infested when other infested Tall Grass is destroyed in the world." (wiki)

On 3/23/2019 at 7:56 PM, Computer-7 said:

Here are my Wx main tips (somewhat applicable to other characters)

-rush the pugalisk and pig queen ruins for the relics, and then get the hammer, and key to the city to make a bunch of oddity shops for gears if you do it fast enough you can get somewhat upgraded before humid season starts.

-thunder birds can restore all of your health easily, and also tons of overcharge so its a good idea to pen them in a corner near your base

-Gnats die when you enter the poison jungle

-The osculating fan will dry you off, and also drys you faster than you get wet from the fog or rain in humid season

-When running on the road turf with overcharge or coffee you can hit the bandit when he flees

-Thunderbirds strike 10 times instead of 3 in aporkalypse

-Get a stalking stick as soon as possible to hit sonic speed

Wx doesn't get poison!! Xdddd feel free to eat as much tuber and frog legs as you pleaseeee. (Even though it shows the poison icon. He doesn't get the debuff of reduced dmg, slower speed, health drop, and lose sanity) 

Telelocator Staff will grant Wx lighting when it is used on a mob or yourself. Really useful in RoG or DST since there are no lighting birds. Free heal, Speed, etc. 

If you’re Wormwood, lead a snaptooth seedling to a Weevole patch (during the day) and leave it enough meat so it roots there. Plenty of carapaces from that, and with seeds you’ve plated yourself, many tacos. Eventually, they will kill it and you’ve got a free stalk.

8 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

If you’re Wormwood, lead a snaptooth seedling to a Weevole patch (during the day) and leave it enough meat so it roots there. Plenty of carapaces from that, and with seeds you’ve plated yourself, many tacos. Eventually, they will kill it and you’ve got a free stalk.

also teir 3 Snaptooth attacks any mob and won't eat the meat. Perfect for mole farm/butterfly farm. 

On 3/24/2019 at 11:02 AM, Theukon-dos said:

Oddity Emporium. And I'm sure they'll add more ways to get them, considering they're what you sell to the hunter

And just to add one more that I forgot, Breaking down the root chest gives the bramble bulb and flytrap stalk back, along with 2/3 boards. Meaning that you can carry a few boards with you to craft the root chest anywhere at a net loss of 1 board.

U need 2 flytraps for crafting tho... 

On 4/5/2019 at 2:27 PM, Rellimarual said:

I do the same near the hive entrances..... Free chitin

The Dribble Pipes and Howling Conch can be used to make it rain in Hamlet (technically the conch should activate wind, since winds are present in Hamlet, so I'm gonna make a bug report), sustaining Nettles and speeding up the growth rate of Hedges. Also in case you didn't know, you can also shear Hedges with a Razor, but you'll get less clippings.

Rocks and Flint are completely renewable in Hamlet through Dung Balls, which are renewable from Dung Piles, which are renewable from the Bird Whistle. Remember to kill the Dung Beetle after you loot the ball though, or else they'll go and destroy the nearest Dung Pile to make a new one.

6 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Hi, welcome to my Ted talk.
Today, we're going over murder.
Here is officially the best way to commit murder without being a suspect, and having a good laugh.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.22b321931d15993125aeb7b07fbbbd5b.png

Better idea

Spoiler

Kill all the witnesses and turn the evidence into lunch and helmets.

Archived