New recolor kills the unique Hamlet flavor - PLS REVERSE

What do think about new Hamlet colors?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wanna reverse to old Hamlet colors?

• Reverse to old Hamlet colors
    • Keep new colors

9 hours ago, Roosev said:

The current colours are refreshing, although kinda depressing. Make the current colours a tiny bit more vibrant and bright, and I think it'd look good.

I mean the game is supposed to look depressing for the most part. Shipwrecked was really the only thing that diverted from this theme.

15 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I mean the game is supposed to look depressing for the most part. Shipwrecked was really the only thing that diverted from this theme.

Thats not how I see the game just because the colors in some of the biomes are dark doesn't mean its depressing and it doesn't mean it has to stick to that just because one part of the game looks "depressing" doesn't mean the rest of the games additions have to follow suit. 

10 hours ago, Computer-7 said:

Thats not how I see the game just because the colors in some of the biomes are dark doesn't mean its depressing and it doesn't mean it has to stick to that just because one part of the game looks "depressing" doesn't mean the rest of the games additions have to follow suit. 

This game has a specific tone to it and the devs want to follow suit. It's not supposed to feel welcoming or happy, you're trapped in a world that wants to kill you.

On 12/01/2019 at 7:14 PM, ThemInspectors said:

My biggest issue is that the palette makes it look desolate and depressing. It seems a bit too similar to the regular bleak edgy palette of DS.

This exactly how I feel DS as a game feels.

But there are some colours that need adjustment so they pop out more and feel more inviting.

Also claw trees should be different coloured then cyan or pink,

orange like brichnut might work.

6 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

This game has a specific tone to it and the devs want to follow suit. It's not supposed to feel welcoming or happy, you're trapped in a world that wants to kill you.

Hamlet tries to do it in a different way, the jungle area was reminiscent of poisonous and or dangerous conditions. It's only vibrant because the island is actively trying to kill you. It's not supposed to be depressing, its supposed to keep you on edge, ready for dangers to come.

The Constant is a dark, foreboding, and dreary place, with tons of magic involved, but this doesn't mean normal rules don't still apply here to some degree. 

I personally prefer the older colors, much more vibrant, and pleasing to look at. It also helps to show just how dangerous this world really is. Like, in real life, a lot of bright colorful animals and creatures are insanely dangerous, EX: Poison Frogs. 

The new colors don't remind me much of the Jungle anymore. Kind of drains the place.

I like the grass recolor and I see the point of recoloring Claw Palms, but please reverse the turf colors :( The orange desert was so lovely, I'd be building a base on that turf if it could be transplanted. I also preferred the others in their vibrant variants. It made Hamlet look different to RoG and when I think of "jungle" I always see tons of colors.

14 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

I do agree that the colors were better before the update, BUUUUT the map looks way better now, at least.

the color of the turf in town looks soooo dark... extremely dark in contrast... looks so extremely different on the map rn and depressing IMO... which is totally opposite to the cute fantasy of the buildings in town.. The town is cute... it's obviously the contrast between jungle vs town..

IMO the changes for the turfs were too extreme.. I hope Klei can find a happy middle...

I get that the whole theme with yeah Don't Starve being this melancholic gloomy world. But after 1500 hours played, and most of them in Together (so the ever so dark forest biomes) I have gotten really tired of these gloomy washed out colour palettes. It's gotten so bad for me that I don't find myself playing any DST anymore since you are always restricted to the depressing forest. 

Hamlet felt so refreshing not least for it's more vibrant and warm feel you got that could certainly be attributed to the warmer colours. I hate these colour changes.

It might be only important to me, but I have noticed this for me in all the games I play. I don't just need the enviroments designed to intelligently or have a good world generation (which DS has). What I also need is a beautiful enviroment that is friendly, inviting and comforting. I just have this strong urge for an aesthetic enviroment.

And yeah, I know this is supposed to be that way that the world seems hostile and it's not supposed to be a paradise. (At least not from the start). But that's what I want to turn my worlds into. My personal goal most of the time is taming the world to a degree that DS can become very relaxing and effortless to play. I want to have my own refuge to calm my mind.

But even in my worlds with 1000 days and bases that stretch several biomes across, it never stops feeling depressing. It shouldn't be that way. 

Ugh... these new dull claw palm trees. I loved the red a lot. 

I always used birch trees in my regular biome world's for that reason, cause they brighten up the space a lot.

I hate this...

Archived