The tents still sucks.

Snob

Look at all these people who appreciate the current tents.

And about the tents - Have the devs given any indication of their ultimate purpose? When I built it, I had assumed that it would be a permanent fixture allowing me to skip the nighttimes at will, instead of just standing next to the fire like a lemon flavour marshmallow all night. I almost kicked a puppy when the damn thing collapsed :p

The tent no longer just changes characters, it fills your health and hunger to 100% (not sure about sanity though). If used more than intended it breaks the game and takes away value to food.

I agree; I once built a tent, tried it out, and it disappeared. What I thought was the tent had fifteen, or twenty uses, not one, so I decided to use it, in the middle of the day; a serious waste.

Honestly I'd rather just a multiple-use straw roll that needs to be repaired overtime or something other than a one-time use "Get out of jail free" card.

i don't like the new tent system =(............

Please change the tent into a fixed, but repairable sleeping bag.

I agree that something with the tent needs to change, however, I will say that it was OP when you could use it to change characters, since you could just turn to Wickerbottom when you wanted to research, then Wilson to make a few effigies, then Wolfgang to go out spider killing. This way, it makes you think really hard about how you want to play through a level before you pick a character. However, when it comes to the tent itself, it's pretty darn pricey for just a reset of all your gauges. Though I'm not really sure how it could be fixed...

There was no talk about switching back to the old use. The idea was to make it into a permanent strawroll we need to repair.

I know, I was just bringing it up just to mull over the evolution of the tent a little. Talking to myself, really.Anyway, a reusable sleeping bag would definitely be nice. To repair it, maybe you could make patches or something out of silk, then apply them to the tent to repair its durability. Each tent might have a limit to which you could repair it, like three applications of patches, then no more fixes. As in, the tent appears in three different levels of patched-ness, until finally, you just have to rebuild it, since the tent can't really be fixed anymore. Each --> stands for an application of patch, and a restoration of durability, but a reduction of sleep quality/ So lower the patch tier of the tent, the hungrier/colder/less sane you are when you wake up. New--> Mended --> Worn --> Decrepit

Tent, when used it restores:+50 HP+75 sanity-25 hungerHas 100% durability.Sleeping in it takes it down 20% and the only way to repair it is with silk, and each piece restores 10% durability.And if it reaches 0% it will break permanently.That is the tent i want.

Tent, when used it restores:+50 HP+75 sanity-25 hungerHas 100% durability.Sleeping in it takes it down 20% and the only way to repair it is with silk, and each piece restores 10% durability.And if it reaches 0% it will break permanently.That is the tent i want.

Not - hunger again.

seconded we need a better tent

• Developer

Aw, no love for the poor tent. Maybe if it had a couple of uses before it fell apart? Sleeping too much is now a bit dangerous because you have to get a lot done before winter, so that wouldn't be as OP.Good thing we have a couple of updates left for tuning :)