The tents still sucks.

Snob

uhm,i got a suggestion..how about making the tent permanent but can only be used with the bedroll..

the benefit of this would be the hunger penalty from using the bedroll alone will be lessen by half/positive effect on sanity would be increased..the bedroll effects on sanity would also be decreased to make the tent useful..

what do you guys think?

Edited by archblue1206

uhm,i got a suggestion..how about making the tent permanent but can only be used with the bedroll..

the benefit of this would be the hunger penalty from using the bedroll alone will be lessen by half/positive effect on sanity would be increased..the bedroll effects on sanity would also be decreased to make the tent useful..

what do you guys think?

That and the storage idea!

I feel like the sleeping mechanics are trying to do too much at the moment. I'd probably like to see something more like this:-The grass bedroll has unlimited durability, can be used off the ground, and no longer directly costs food or restores sanity. It just costs you the amount of food you would have lost between now and morning anyway and prevents the loss of sanity from being awake in the darkness. Basically you're trading a small amount of time in exchange for preventing some sanity loss, and you're making things more convenient for people who were going to sit around doing nothing at night anyway. If being attacked by monsters at night was more of a threat, you might need to give bedrolls durability. This also has the benefit of being one of several steps towards making sanity more of a threat (why grind up a top hat when you can fix your sanity by eating some grass?). I also just don't like the idea that sleeping costs you massively more nutrition than chopping wood all night.-Tents have multiple but fewer uses (maybe around 5?) and restore a modest amount of health, a small amount of sanity, and no hunger. I don't like the idea of directly restoring hunger from non-food resources, but fixing health and (currently) sanity would normally cost excess food, so the effect can be similar if you're taking a beating.

I feel like the sleeping mechanics are trying to do too much at the moment. I'd probably like to see something more like this:

That's a little too overpowered I think. The bedroll is extremely cheap compared to the tent; I don't think it'll ever be implemented.

I'd actually like if the tent had multiple uses, you had a random chance to be attacked by something during your sleep when using a tent(Hounds perhaps) because the tent is tall and stands out. So there would be an element of risk by using such a luxury item.

I'm confused. So the tent does or does not allow one to change characters?

The old tents were much more expensive; it allowed players to switch characters.The current tent are cheaper; but they act as (one use) sleeping rolls that fill up hunger.

Thank you. It's a shame though. Why nerf the tent to only help the characters make it through the night? Maybe they could have kept it expensive and only let it have 2 or 3 uses? If you manage to survive for a long time it can be boring playing with the same character.

Thank you. It's a shame though. Why nerf the tent to only help the characters make it through the night? Maybe they could have kept it expensive and only let it have 2 or 3 uses? If you manage to survive for a long time it can be boring playing with the same character.

There's multiple save slots, ya'know.Make new saves; make new memories. It's that simple.

There's multiple save slots, ya'know.Make new saves; make new memories. It's that simple.

I'm pretty sure there are more characters to choose from than there are save slots. It's not the same thing to start a new game to have a new character than it is to switch characters once you've advanced in the game.

I'm pretty sure there are more characters to choose from than there are save slots. It's not the same thing to start a new game to have a new character than it is to switch characters once you've advanced in the game.

Well, the entire game is based around being alone; not being several figures. I assume you love playing as your favorite character, so you don't always have to switch to different characters.

Well, the entire game is based around being alone; not being several figures. I assume you love playing as your favorite character, so you don't always have to switch to different characters.

I wouldn't assume when it comes to me. Especially since you don't know me. Personally I like variety and I'm not really the kind of person that has a "favorite" of anything. I may get obsessed with a certain thing and then drop it for years.I wasn't suggesting for the tent to switch characters willy-nilly. Though it was a fun option to have in the game. Especially when you just unlocked a character and you couldn't wait to give it a try without having to start a game from scratch. It's just my opinion. It would have been nice for the tent to stay difficult to obtain/create and give it 2-3 charges. Maybe with a huge cool down period before you could craft another even. It's always nice to have options.

I feel like the fact that the tent gives back hunger is stupid and and a bit exploitable. I always keep two tents at my base and materials for more, if I for any reason am ever vary low on hunger with not much to eat I just jump in one and wallah. I think that it should have maybe say five uses but not help your hunger at all.