New Files in DS

After the thing directly above me, you put "shipwrecked" as the answer, you get the same video, with a "more" link to the page others found.

Did you hear that guys? You effectively skipped half the puzzle because one guy randomly tried until success.

Abandon all logic when you can just spam the address bar! No riddle is safe of us anymore!

except for ingame riddles that require us to learn more latin words

EDIT: @nome, it's not the first time the ARG maker has to cry. People straight-up lost the thread one time, bothering with some negligible detail. Luckily somebody can (and will) strike false conclusions through.

My guess is, to solve the puzzle properly, we would've had to construct coherent sentences from random words on the cards, that would've spelled the next riddle, the answer to which would've been "shipwrecked".

Guys... I layered all the images over each other and lowered the opacity and my friend L requested that I removed the boat layer! so I did... AND THERE'S STILL A BOAT

It sort of looks like my anc... I mean nothing >_>

From my speculation in terms of lore, since this puzzle is part of DS, this will probably reveal what happened either between Wilson and Maxwell after Wilson got on the Nightmare throne or what heppened between Charlie and Maxwell after they got pulled into the shadow realm (that's how I'll call DS world from now on. If you don't like it, deal with it).

I am not particularly good at puzzles, but I would say I am quite decent at understanding lore of bits and pieces presented.

So we'll get something from the past of the lore, that is most likely. This is not and cannot be in correlation with DST. It seems like Klei have decided to continue BOTH games, leaving DS as a prequel and DST as a sequel. There's only two more things we need to know from DS as it progresses and then we'll just have to move on with DST. Now, because of the sequel-prequel thing, I'm actually Up Top for them being different games, DST being sort of like a DS 2 or something.

I have not read all the pages of this topic and on what you guys have found yet, but I will and if I can, will continue my speculation. May be it's good whilst most of the people try to figure out how to solve the puzzle, some others try to speculate what the lore is before the puzzle gets cracked?

EDIT: I have the feeling that Klei might make my second mod project quite useless or I'll have to change its content a bit because of that, but now, because of this, I have the feeling that they'll also make Creeps in the Deeps mod project useless, if they're gonna make an underwater world. They might only do something for ocean which has been impossible for modders to touch on so far, but if they dare make underwater world, I swear, I'll amaterasu one of them >:[

If the new characters in this are added, they must be added to DST for lore's sake.

That's true, personally I'm hoping if you buy it for one you get it for both. Because I like buying things. Because I like KLEI and want them to keep making games and that requires money. So if they keep making stuff I'll keep throwing money at them.

post-275868-0-56525000-1438354500_thumb.

Delete other texts.

post-275868-0-73482700-1438354640_thumb.

And merge images

post-275868-0-78537600-1438354816_thumb.

With my shell on the bottom, I stood so tall.

My cradle compelled me to obstinate goal.

Now lives are all gone, my corpse among sand.

First name's my being; And second my end.

• Developer

And the answer to THIS puzzle now, is shipwrecked.

Makes sense, his life was devoted for the sea, for his ship and his crew, wrecked, he died there and his corpse laid forgotten in the sand. Buried by time... and by sand, obviously. 

And this was an awesome rhyme, come on? Ya'll gotta agree THIS puzzle rhyme was really cool, I don't know why, but I liked it a lot.

Delete other texts.

And merge images

You hereby are almost bound to get a member title, and that before your 10th post. Everyone will drown you in awe. pun intended

Can we agree that the stanza is glorious on its own? I wonder where it comes from...

• Developer
Fox is smart XD

Agreed! xD

did we end up accidentally trashing about half the puzzle and got the link early?

Basically.

You hereby are almost bound to get a member title, and that before your 10th post.

That's how awesome he/she is. 

So dots from the cards' back lead to DISCESSUM. And DISCESSUM leads to a riddle where the answer is shipwrecked.

And still one guy skipped half of the puzzle. Amazing.

(though only AFTER making the poor puzzle author cry with that guessing-the-URL stunt.)

I believe it. At least one tear drop must have fallen here. And I don't blame him, really.

So dots from the cards' back lead to DISCESSUM. And DISCESSUM leads to a riddle where the answer is shipwrecked.

And still one guy skipped half of the puzzle. Amazing.

I believe it. At least one tear drop must have fallen here. And I don't blame him, really.

Yeah, diversifying the URL's name to something more far fetched from the original theme may be a good idea. Honestly though, I really can't think about anything more fat fetched than the baffling skip this guy did.

After taking a look at the post below, I get how it went. But still. Damn.

I'm baffled, still. How do we go from CARAPACE, DEPARTED, BASSINET, SHALE, SIGNATURE to /shipwrecked.

@SemiAnnualDisaster, you are not a secret member from CAPY, right?

Tell me your secrets. You aren't @JoeW, right? RIGHT?

Sadly, no.  I come from a family of mariners and got them involved in helping me solve this puzzle.  It wasn't until one of my brothers asked how all of this came to be and I said that everything started at a shipwre-

You can figure out what I did from there :/

At least you guys went back to the puzzle in the end (though only AFTER making the poor puzzle author cry with that guessing-the-URL stunt. )

I am so sorry that I ruined your puzzle.  I feel so terrible about it.  I never expected to get it through dumb luck of guessing. 

*prepares for smacks across the head from the community*

Again, I am really sorry    :grey:

I'll go back to forum jail now.

attachicon.gif 001.PNG

Delete other texts.

attachicon.gif corpse.PNG

And merge images

attachicon.gif comp.png

Wow!  So that was how the puzzle was suppose to be solved.  Great Job, and Congrats on the title change!  You deserve it!

I hope everyone's name's came out correctly, because the mulitquote isn't working properly on my end.

Lastly, what is a Stalward.  I saw that word several times on the shell card.  Unless I am reading it wrong and it is suppose to be Stalwart, then I do not know.

I'll shut up now.

Archived