New Files in DS

The real question is, will DST get this expansion too?

Considering how easy it will most likely be to port over now that they're developing this after DST? Probably. It seems like a smart move to have another team develop and balance a mod for singleplayer and then move it over to DST when it's more stable.

The Sextant generated (giving it to Wolly for the clue) the Toy Boat card riddle.

The Toy Boat, the Soaked Candle card riddle.

The Soaked Candle, the Sea Worther card riddle.

The Sea Worther, the Old Boot card riddle.

The Old Boot, the Sextant card riddle.

It seems that Klei forgot a "+ 1" somewhere over the code.

I'm baffled, still. How do we go from CARAPACE, DEPARTED, BASSINET, SHALE, SIGNATURE to /shipwrecked.

@SemiAnnualDisaster, you are not a secret member from CAPY, right?

Tell me your secrets. You aren't @JoeW, right? RIGHT?

/shipwrecked.

Someone did mention placing random extensions on the web link... like the mandrake...

We know it's a ship wreck and you could just type out words related to a sunken ship... so in reality, we haven't actually figured out the puzzle... we figured out the answer...

I guess we could still make a go at it... like trying to find the connection... maybe there's still a title left?

O__O

Perhaps I can shed some light on this.

I took a careful look at the dots on the backs of the cards.  The dots line up vertically into 9 columns, and the horizontal lines divide them into 26 rows, forming a 9 x 26 grid.

In each column there is always one, and only one dot that is present on every card.

Counting from the top left corner, their positions are 4, 9, 19, 3, 5, 19, 19, 21, and 13.

Replacing the numbers with letters, the dots common to all five cards spell out discessum.  Which is Latin for departure, apparently.

Giving Wolly "Discessum" as an answer revealed a page with five coloured, illustrated cards with the answers from the first five riddles: Cradle, Sand, Name, Corpse and Shell, and Wolly asks "Warrrrk!  This'll knot yer tops'l!"  Clicking the cards reveals new images:

Cradle

cradle.jpg

Sand

sand.jpg

Name

name.jpg

Corpse

corpse.jpg

Shell

shell.jpg

And that's all I got.  The new riddle's answer isn't storm or whirlpool (or shipwreck) and it's 3 AM, so I'm going to sleep.  Don't mutiny an' hoist the treasure fer yerselves a'fore I wake, now.

Archived