[Game Update] - 265438

• Developer
  • Potentially fixed the remaining issues with Duplicants turning invisible.
  • Pacus can no longer swim through two touching diagonal tiles.
  • Pacus can no longer swim through mesh tiles.
  • Pacus are slightly happy that they ate from a feeder.
  • Ore should no longer fall/disappear on conveyors.
  • Hat wearing Duplicant portraits should properly show their hat hair.
  • Fixed an issue where a significant amount of translated strings were not properly loaded.
  • Pipe overlays should render properly when using sandbox tools in an area covered by fog of war.
  • Stone hatch eggs should now spawn Stone Hatchlings instead of adults.
  • Layed eggs should now look like the creature that will hatch out of the egg instead of the creature that layed the egg.
  • Fixed some Light Bugs not hatching the correct babies.
  • Fixed Slicksters hatching as adults instead of babies.
  • Thermal conductivity for heat exchange is now based on the average conductivity of the two elements instead of the minimum. This should improve the temperature exhchange of many things including radiant pipes.

View full update

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Thermal conductivity for heat exchange is now based on the average conductivity of the two elements instead of the minimum. This should improve the temperature exhchange of many things including radiant pipes.

now we have to completely rewrite DeltaT, new builds across the board, experimentation galore

tenor.gif

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Thermal conductivity for heat exchange is now based on the average conductivity of the two elements instead of the minimum. This should improve the temperature exhchange of many things including radiant pipes.

Major change there. :o
Good bye overpowered Abyssalite.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Layed eggs should now look like the creature that will hatch out of the egg instead of the creature that layed the egg.

What does this even mean?

...Does this mean I have to update my neat little critter sheet? I JUST FINISHED THAT!!! :wilson_cry:

Edited by watermelen671

9 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

That depends on whether devs used the correct average or the wrong average.

Geometric vs Algebraic? Probably the simplest way to get things like Abyssalite to keep working nicely is to use a geometric average for the conductivity.

I'm super excited about the implications of this change in thermodynamics!

15 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

That depends on whether devs used the correct average or the wrong average.

I did a quick test and a sandwitch of tungstein with abyssalite in the middle allowed the heat of magma to flow to the other side.

I really dislike that change. Abyssalite was always used as a pseudo-perfect insulator. That simply makes basically all of my bases unsustainable. This will also make working with magma and volcanoes pretty much impossible.

Edited by Guest

Just now, thewreckedangle said:

radiating through a vacuum? isn't that how it should be? or what am i not seeing?

No, there are 2 gasses separated by abyssalite tiles. In any normal event there should be no heat exchange, but now abyssalite has become worthless on that regard.

4 minutes ago, turbonl64 said:

No, there are 2 gasses separated by abyssalite tiles. In any normal event there should be no heat exchange, but now abyssalite has become worthless on that regard.

Possibly not worthless, just not as good unless you double layer. ie you have to have two layers of abyssalite together for it to insulate completely. So considering the biomes are at least 2-4 layers thick they will be insulated but one layer in bases is no longer sufficient. Likewise you should be able to run abyssalite pipes through abyssalite tiles with no heat transfer. Might need a few tests though  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, turbonl64 said:

I really dislike that change. Abyssalite was always used as a pseudo-perfect insulator. That simply makes basically all of my bases unsustainable. This will also make working with magma and volcanoes pretty much impossible.

Yeah, how are we going to handle if a hot geyser/volcano is anywhere near our base early game?  Before you could wall it off with abyssalite and deal with it when you had better tech, if that won't work, it means that seed is doomed to heat death.  I also see a lot more vacuum walls in the future.....