• Willow
    • Wigfrid
    • Wendy (you perv)
  2. 2. But who is the best husbendo?

• Wes
    • Wilson
    • Maxwell
    • Warly
    • Woodlegs ( I don't know what to say. you disgust me )
    • Woodie
    • WX78
    • Wolfgang
    • Webber ( no. Just no. )
    • Wilber ( please don't )
    • Fur trader

11 hours ago, mochilo said:

wooow I love the characters and that firepit area!! nice work, and really original idea I would never come out with myself <3

and Willow is so hot in your Sims :o

well she would be; she's next to the fire all the time.  ;)  Also even though it isn't actually necessary, I always have her light the fire every night when it gets dark, for traditon's sake.  As far as I can tell this doesn't actually, like, use anything _up_, and what would a Don't Starve-themed lot be without fear of the dark?  By the way I found a picture of her with the proper firepit:

willowbythefirepit.png.d6a880bde7197f68f257d54e67df7a6d.png

Seriously look at that thing.  LOOK.  AT.  IT.  It pretty much _is_ the standard DS firepit with a fancier graphic/different art style!  (and quite a bit more than just two logs.)  Pay no attention to the broken time-gate non-florid postern over there; Willow is just being like me and providing a firepit at the entrance for new players. :)  (I actually provide an endo one as well, but since summer in Sims 3 is just unpleasant and not SOUL-MURDERING like in Reign of Giants...) 

As you can tell from this picture and its combo of (a) green, (b) shivering, and (c) RAAAINNN, it's spring.  No frogs though, thank GOD.  (I got her a more accurate skirt later on--and when I saw it in the clothing catalog, I was like "WHY didn't I see that EARLIER?!")

(Random Sims 3/Don't Starve combo stuff, spoilered to save space)

Spoiler

As for how good an idea this was...it actually turned out better than I thought, considering how VERY different the two games/universes are.  I mean, they both have the building-up-from-nothing aspect and you _can_ live outdoors if you want, but that's about it to begin with.  I just felt like trying it out anyway.  : P  I would say that probably Sims 3 IS the best one to try this with, as not only can Create-A-Style make the characters _look_ closer to how you like, but with the right expansion/stuff packs there's outdoor stuff, weirdness, season and weather problems, and even regularly-scheduled attacks! 

Yes.  If you have Supernatural, ZOMBIES will show up to your yard and terrorize you (or try to) every full moon.  You can turn that off in the options...but in this case why would I, when I've got the natural inbuilt equivalent of HOUND ATTACKS?!  XD  (They bang on your door--in this case a tent flap, but they STILL don't come in--most polite zombies ever--if you're not already outside to terrify, then they get frustrated and start stomping whatever you have outdoors that's unguarded, starting with your garden.  As a Steam friend once pointed out, "Well, we all know how much zombies hate plants!"  :D Which is why my "advanced farm" has a fence.  Well, that and wandering deer.  And horses.  Yes.)

Sims 3 not only has gardening and fishing, which at least one other Sims game has (2), and weather (also 2--GET WITH THE PROGRAM ALREADY, 4!) but even beekeeping, and the mechanic of changing clothes to deal with both cold _and_ heat, as well as Don't-Starveish "survival" accessories.  And magic, and weird creatures, and witches/wizards, and freaky stuff happening on the full moon, and...

Willow here also lives in the free neighborhood that came with the "Supernatural" expansion pack, so she's surrounded by weirdness already.  That time she won the teddy bear at the summer carnival?  The person using the machine right across from her was a literal teenage werewolf.  Her boss, at her part-time gravekeeper job (great for the magic defense, but hard on charisma--wait, wrong game) is human but married to a fairy woman, and has an adorable little winged toddler puttering around his backyard.  All the other Don't Starve characters are gonna live in this same town too, of course, so this oughta be interesting...

As for this thread needed to be a...poop-post...I dunno, I don't think it's that bad.  It's not just here to blatantly insult another forum member/type of player, or go "MY CHARACTER CAN BEAT UP YOUR CHARACTER!", or just randomly be stupid, crude or spammy...it's just silly.  As long as we all behave ourselves and just make up silly pairings for funsies, and keep our fanart clean, it's fine. As for Wendy...the poll even SAYS "Don't pick this option you sick person!"  So it's not as if the original poll is actually _encouraging_ pedophilia...

But if people wanna draw random pictures or write funny scenes of Maxwell and Wickerbottom bickering like an old married couple, or Wolfgang and Woodie trying to out-MANLY-MAN! each other...what's the harm? Especially if it's Minespatch and his how-the-hell-does-he-draw-everything-so-fast superpower.  : P

(and please don't make me put my Sims away just yet, I'm having too much fun.)

....Notorious

12 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Technically yes...!  I hadn't thought of that, but yeah...while the players always refer to WX as "him", the CHARACTERS call our robotic starver "it" when examining.  So yeah--WX for possible waifu!

...Notorious

Well, I categorize it as male, partly seeing as it has no female features, and also because of a fanfic that somebody wrote on a steam discussion.

Not gonna lie, one of my favourite things to do with Sims 3 is just set up/take pure landscape pictures. The game doesn't have the most up-to-date graphics, but it can be so...PRETTY...!  I'll sometimes pause right at sunrise or sunset or when it's raining and misty and carefully twirl the camera around to _just_ the right angle so I can take a gorgeous air shot of the whole town, or a road bending off into the trees, or rain as seen from inside, through a window, or snow on the fancy City Hall building*...  Like, forget the actual characters; I'm here for the scenery.

Sometimes I think I missed my calling as a photographer.  : P

(The "non-florid postern" is actually a time gate thingie that comes with "Into the Future", by the way--and yes, you can literally go to a future version of the Sims world. More than that THREE different versions:  the "normal" one, a utopian one, and a DYStopian one.  Which can be caused by stuff your character does in the present.  Yes, actual time-travel shenanigans! Love it.)

ANYway.  I should probably get on making some of the Starvers that I haven't made yet, huh...

...Notorious

*All actual examples.  And Willow has to be outside in ALL of them! (evil grin)

28 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

Why can't I pick Pugna?

Hey Pugna and Wigfrid would be awesome wasteland rulers.

Until Wes comes, after defeating single handledly hordes and hordes of warriors and monsters just to reach the main fortress, fight for his true love and claim the hand of the sweet... Pugna

DUM DUM DUUUUM!

Will our hero defeat the evil meatatarian? find out next week, or maybe the other, or never...

Archived