Is Hamlet Seriously Not Part of Together?

57 minutes ago, Lumina said:

I don't know, it's like if you are asking to add chocolate in a meat pie and meat in a chocolate pie, because they are both pies, and they use the same recipe for the dough, and you don't want them separate.

Can we please see if the taste of chocolate is compatible with the taste of meat before doing this ?

*Immediately searches up chocolate meat pie*

Spoiler

Oh hey look they exist. Neat.

easter-pie.jpeg

1 hour ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

And I repeat, I want to play by myself, but I want to have things like Beefalo riding or Klaus battles.

You realize you can play DST alone, right? Nobody's forcing you to play with other people. You can start a solo world and get the global pause mod if you so desperately need Beefalo riding.

5 hours ago, Xedlord said:

I'm disliking king of squirrels more and more as I read this thread. 

So you're perfectly OK with the bizarre decision of leaving out all the new content from original DS forcing it into obsolescence? Every thing that King of Squirrels has said here is correct. There is NO reason why Klei can't add in at least the vast majority of the New Reign update content etc.. to original Don't Starve. There's also no legitimate reason why Klei can't add Shipwrecked to Don't Starve Together instead/as well.

You might have an argument saying HAMLET can't be ported over to DST because we don't know anything about it yet, but modders have literally been able to add in islands and shores etc.. and dozens of Shipwrecked items no problem via simple modding techniques (i.e. map editing, mesh/texture changes, code changes etc...)  The only problem is the time it's taking, the mod could very well take a couple years+ to finish with such a small group of modders. But with Klei they literally have ALL the assets available at their disposal, and already have it compatible with base DS; so it'd be significantly easier for that reason alone, let alone that Klei has half a decade of experience working professionally on this game series and have a way larger team. 

Bottom line, there really is no excuse for either A) Shipwrecked not to be added to DST   or B) A New Reign content not to be added to original DS.  (Or hell, even C) Do both. Since both are possible)  And most of us don't even care which of the two they do, as long as its possible for us to have a version of Don't Starve/DST that has up to date "regular game" content along with the ability to access Shipwrecked (and potentially hamlet when it comes out if that's possible).  Is that really so much to ask? I mean think about it, Shipwrecked is it's own separate world! So all they'd have to do to solve this is add the Seaworthy portal to DST, then just copy/paste the "shipwrecked items work with Don't Starve" mod that's on the steam mods list already, and it'd be a done deal since you could just hop to a SW world, do your business there (they could even make it single player server only, then at least a single player could access it and they wouldn't have to worry about programming in multiple players being able to jump to SW) then come back with the only update needed being that the base DST recognizes the coffee, coconades, and Limpets etc.. he has in his inventory.

10 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

You realize you can play DST alone, right? Nobody's forcing you to play with other people. You can start a solo world and get the global pause mod if you so desperately need Beefalo riding.

This comment just proves to me that some people are just thick, but I'll try to remain polite, so....

HOW DO YOU THINK THIS IS THE ISSUE?

The issue is that I can't play the stuff from DST with stuff with Hamlet. Hamlet is forcing me to go back to game that has half the content that DST. THIS IS THE PROBLEM. I want to be able to access everything in one world and not have to start a completely different game. 

How are you people not getting this.

5 hours ago, DarkIdeals said:

So you're perfectly OK with the bizarre decision of leaving out all the new content from original DS forcing it into obsolescence? Every thing that King of Squirrels has said here is correct. There is NO reason why Klei can't add in at least the vast majority of the New Reign update content etc.. to original Don't Starve. There's also no legitimate reason why Klei can't add Shipwrecked to Don't Starve Together instead/as well.

You might have an argument saying HAMLET can't be ported over to DST because we don't know anything about it yet, but modders have literally been able to add in islands and shores etc.. and dozens of Shipwrecked items no problem via simple modding techniques (i.e. map editing, mesh/texture changes, code changes etc...)  The only problem is the time it's taking, the mod could very well take a couple years+ to finish with such a small group of modders. But with Klei they literally have ALL the assets available at their disposal, and already have it compatible with base DS; so it'd be significantly easier for that reason alone, let alone that Klei has half a decade of experience working professionally on this game series and have a way larger team. 

Bottom line, there really is no excuse for either A) Shipwrecked not to be added to DST   or B) A New Reign content not to be added to original DS.  (Or hell, even C) Do both. Since both are possible)  And most of us don't even care which of the two they do, as long as its possible for us to have a version of Don't Starve/DST that has up to date "regular game" content along with the ability to access Shipwrecked (and potentially hamlet when it comes out if that's possible).  Is that really so much to ask? I mean think about it, Shipwrecked is it's own separate world! So all they'd have to do to solve this is add the Seaworthy portal to DST, then just copy/paste the "shipwrecked items work with Don't Starve" mod that's on the steam mods list already, and it'd be a done deal since you could just hop to a SW world, do your business there (they could even make it single player server only, then at least a single player could access it and they wouldn't have to worry about programming in multiple players being able to jump to SW) then come back with the only update needed being that the base DST recognizes the coffee, coconades, and Limpets etc.. he has in his inventory.

Thank you.

I thought I was going crazy for a second.

On 9/14/2017 at 4:20 AM, SuperDavid said:

The only reason the Hamlet DLC is for DS & not DST is because of the excuse of "separating the community" which they're already doing it with all this exclusive DLC for DS :wilson_cry:...

You are confused, the 'separation of community' explanation was in relation to  why the Forge would be funded via DST skins available for purchase instead of a DLC for DST. They did not mention separation of community at all as it relates to Hamlet.

Just now, I Heart Popcorn said:

You are confused, the 'separation of community' explanation was in relation to  why the Forge would be funded via DST skins available for purchase instead is a DLC for DST. They did not mention separation of community at all as it relates to Hamlet.

Why Is Hamlet Seriously Not Part of Together Then?

6 hours ago, DarkIdeals said:

Bottom line, there really is no excuse for either A) Shipwrecked not to be added to DST   or B) A New Reign content not to be added to original DS.  (Or hell, even C) Do both. Since both are possible) 

I guess whether this has any credibility or not depends on whether we think you or Klei has a better understanding of the technical, financial or time requirements of any of this. Melodramatic complaints that game developers are incompetent or scheming are pretty routine on gaming forums every time players don't get things exactly their way, but it's pretty hard to make the case that Klei is greedy. The games are cheap and they have given players tons of free content. If they find it feasible to add SW to DST, then they will do it.

Just now, Rellimarual said:

I guess whether this has any credibility or not depends on whether we think you or Klei has a better understanding of the technical, financial or time requirements of any of this. Melodramatic complaints that game developers are incompetent or scheming are pretty routine on gaming forums every time players don't get things exactly their way, but it's pretty hard to make the case that Klei is greedy. The games are cheap and they have given players tons of free content. If they find it feasible to add SW to DST, then they will do it.

if modders can do it klei can too

1 minute ago, SuperDavid said:

Why Is Hamlet Seriously Not Part of Together Then?

Because they will charge for Hamlet. If there's a for-pay DLC for DST, then some players will buy it and some won't. Then there will be endless squawking about how the ones who didn't buy it will feel left out.

Seriously. Shipwrecked question isn't "could it be ported". Yes it could.

The questions are about how it will be ported.
The thing is, every way to port it has advantage and inconvenients. Good sides and bad sides. People are asking for SW, each people with a different view of what it should be (Another shard. Mixed with RoG. Choice between RoG and SW at the beginning). Each people with a different point of view about how it should be (Same as the original. Same as the original, but with this and this balanced. Great adaptations). Each people with a different point of view about what should be improved (Nothing. Some small things. A lot of part of the game. Everything).

And so on and so on.

So to adapt SW, they can't only port it. They have to make it fit DST and people taste, and honestly, what is the people taste here ? I can speak about mine, you can speak about yours, but you and i don't have information about global taste and what people have in mind when they say "SW in DST"

(Or you are able to read mind and congratulation).

So please stop with the "this isn't that much work", because you don't have proof.

Also, modders are doing a great work with the SW port. But f modders are doing a port, people will be happy, because it's better than nothing and they worked a lot and all.

If Klei do a port, people will have high expectations, about quality, bugs, fun, and everything.

I don't expect the same thing for mod than Klei, and most people are in the same case. So no, porting SW to DST isn't something Klei could do easily. Or should do.

Better no port than afwul port that will make people complain and be disappointed. And if they feel that they can do a good port, i'll be happy. But if they prefer to not, i will assume they have good reasons.

Modder could afford to mod something that people will dislike. Could Klei ?

1 minute ago, Rellimarual said:

Because they will charge for Hamlet. If there's a for-pay DLC for DST, then some players will buy it and some won't. Then there will be endless squawking about how the ones who didn't buy it will feel left out.

if u look very closely to this topic u can see the endless squawking about ones who don't get to buy hamlet for dst feel left out.

7 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Seriously. Shipwrecked question isn't "could it be ported". Yes it could.

11 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

If they find it feasible to add SW to DST, then they will do it.

Guys, guys...Let's not derail the conversation. This is not about SW being ported to DST, this is about content of DS not being up to date and therefor making it redundant to add and, not to mention, charge DLC for it.

7 minutes ago, Lumina said:

So please stop with the "this isn't that much work", because you don't have proof.

That's fair enough for Shipwrecked, we all know that originally Shipwrecked was going to be part of RoG and then had to be changed, so there's legitimate reasons for what they are doing.

But when it to comes ANR content not being ported to DS (excluding the specific lore stuff), there's legitimately no good reason.  

Just now, SuperDavid said:

if u look very closely to this topic u can see the endless squawking about ones who don't get to buy hamlet for dst feel left out.

Yeah, as I said, the tantrums seem to be inevitable, but DST is multiplayer. There's a big difference between "You updated that game instead of the game I play!" and suddenly not being able to play the same game together with the friends who are part of your existing team.

Just now, Rellimarual said:

Yeah, as I said, the tantrums seem to be inevitable, but DST is multiplayer. There's a big difference between "You updated that game instead of the game I play!" and suddenly not being able to play the same game together with the friends who are part of your existing team.

this already happen with lots of multiplayer game, what makes dst so special that it must not happen?

1 minute ago, SuperDavid said:

Again, the point is klei's justification was separation on the DST community. Not the DS franchise community. So Luminas comment was again, talking about DST players feeling excluded from OTHER DST players.  

As a DST player you feel left out. What about some members of the single player community feeling the same when they didn't get ANR content? 

Bottom line is that klei can't please everyone because not everyone has the same opinion or wants the same thing.  Terms like "everyone" wants this or doesn't want this is presumptuous and inaccurate.

All this complaining for 7+ pages is redundant. The horse died many pages ago. 

11 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Also, modders are doing a great work with the SW port.

I don't want to say that I don't appreciate the modding community, but at the same time...that Shipwrecked Together mod is taking forever to make and I doubt we will ever see it come to life.

As for other Shipwrecked mods, I haven't really seen any good ones. There's some that pass SW items and one that, for some reason, decided (out of all the cool mobs to pass from Shipwrecked) to port the Goons. 

Archived