[Game Update] - 296642

• Developer
  • Add codex entries for Mirth Leaf, Buddy Bud and Jumping Joya.
  • Various codex string improvements.
  • Add rocket name generation.
  • Fix crash that could occur on load.
  • Swamp lily is no longer a building fiber.
  • Fix temperature transfer after save/load.
  • New marble, metal and small sculptures.
  • Mirth Leaf can survive in Chlorine and Hydrogen. 
  • Jumping Joya can survive in high temperatures.
  • Fixed material selection sort.
  • Changed wide canvas to be 3 tiles wide.
  • Fix crash from old rocket save data, and prevent "ghost" rocket destination icons on the starmap.
  • Fix crash if the first time you open the starmap screen after launching the game you also happen to have a rocket selected.
  • Update UI Icon lines on Creature Trap, Conveyour, Compost, CO2 Scrubber, CO2 Filter and Clothing Factory.
  • Outhouse meters reset once cleaned.

View full update

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

• Developer

Yes, there has been progress on the production issues. We were hoping to get it out for this hotfix but it wasn't to be. The new UI was fit on top of the old production system and they were less compatible than we had hoped, so we're busy bringing everything up-to-date. Thanks for your patience!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 7

Can we get an update on the continuous "no building material" spam?  Not only is it annoying, eventually it breaks and causes your buildings to stop doing orders.  It's quite opposite of continuous build.  For instance, set a electric drill to fried mushrooms.  Once you're out of mushrooms waiting for the next batch, it spams the message.  Eventually the grill breaks and you have to go and reset order to start new ones.  If you forget to keep checking, you no longer make food.  That's a serious problem.

Edit: Sorry if that was your answer above.  Not sure if that's how you're tracking.

Edited by atnoslen
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, atnoslen said:

Can we get an update on the continuous "no building material" spam?  Not only is it annoying, eventually it breaks and causes you buildings to stop doing orders.  It's quite opposite of continuous build.  For instance, set a electric drill to fried mushrooms.  Once you're out of mushrooms waiting for the next batch, it spams the message.  Eventually the grill breaks and you have to go and reset order to start new ones.  If you forget to keep checking, you no longer make food.  That's a serious problem.

seems to me that this is addressed by

21 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Yes, there has been progress on the production issues. We were hoping to get it out for this hotfix but it wasn't to be. The new UI was fit on top of the old production system and they were less compatible than we had hoped, so we're busy bringing everything up-to-date. Thanks for your patience!

The production queue spam is annoying but it's good to hear it's known about and being worked on.

In the meantime you can mute your UI sounds in the audio menu to get rid of the audible nuisance alarms associated with this bug.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, k_nicole said:
  • Add codex entries for Mirth Leaf, Buddy Bud and Jumping Joya.
  • Various codex string improvements.
  • Add rocket name generation.
  • Fix crash that could occur on load.
  • Swamp lily is no longer a building fiber.
  • Fix temperature transfer after save/load.
  • New marble, metal and small sculptures.
  • Mirth Leaf can survive in Chlorine and Hydrogen. 
  • Jumping Joya can survive in high temperatures.
  • Fixed material selection sort.
  • Changed wide canvas to be 3 tiles wide.
  • Fix crash from old rocket save data, and prevent "ghost" rocket destination icons on the starmap.
  • Fix crash if the first time you open the starmap screen after launching the game you also happen to have a rocket selected.
  • Update UI Icon lines on Creature Trap, Conveyour, Compost, CO2 Scrubber, CO2 Filter and Clothing Factory.
  • Outhouse meters reset once cleaned.

View full update

just want to say thanks for the teams hard work dealing with all of the issues that have come up

• Like 1

Ok I just started tinkering with the new sculptures/canvases, so here my humble opinion:

1.I like the idea of more diverse decor buildings, but the tall canvas seems not very usefull in it´s current state.

(For most room designs wide canvases and metal/marble sculptures are far superior)

2.Not sure if we need 3 options for the 1x2 space. Flowers are right now limited, so for me there would only be "a place" for one more version, made of a more abundant material. The small sculpting block and the pedestal building fight for that spot.

So I would hope there will be more difference than just decor value and range.

(If our rockets will be able to bring home some "rare" things to display it may be balanced but with the selection right now I see no point in ever building a pedestal)

@Ipsquiggle Is there a chance a future patch will reassign all resources (/reset the existing categories on an old map) ?

(I really like how resourcs are sorted in new maps, but my current base shows steel in 3 categories ...)

• Like 1

The tall canvas has use imho if you build 5 high rooms, or in 4 high rooms with 1 high items in it(like dining tables).   They maximize horizontal packing without using floor space.  

To me I don't see the point of the wide paintings.   Sure they are worth a bit more than the 2x2 ones, but due to fact that you can fit 1.5x as many smaller ones into a space I think they end up providing a higher total decor bonus.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Iriswaters said:

The tall canvas has use imho if you build 5 high rooms, or in 4 high rooms with 1 high items in it(like dining tables).   They maximize horizontal packing without using floor space.  

Ok combined with mess tables they could be usefull.

23 minutes ago, Iriswaters said:

To me I don't see the point of the wide paintings.   Sure they are worth a bit more than the 2x2 ones, but due to fact that you can fit 1.5x as many smaller ones into a space I think they end up providing a higher total decor bonus.

For me the additional range provided by a wide canvas made me able to stack more decor in some places ;)

5 hours ago, k_nicole said:

Mirth Leaf can survive in Chlorine and Hydrogen. 

Well, it sure can survive there... for like a few seconds. Temperature is still a problem~ (Same applies to Buddy Bud)

Jumping Joya can survive in high temperatures.

76.9°C is not enough though, Oil biomes tend to be like 100°C, however the -23.1°C appears to be rather curious (but may be in line with RL cactus plants, I'm no botanist)

Changed wide canvas to be 3 tiles wide.

Now tall ones only need to be 3 tiles tall~

New marble, metal and small sculptures.

Sweet~ (Marble already appears to be OP)

Add rocket name generation.

Neat~

6 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

2.Not sure if we need 3 options for the 1x2 space. Flowers are right now limited, so for me there would only be "a place" for one more version, made of a more abundant material. The small sculpting block and the pedestal building fight for that spot.

Having some room to creativity besides optimization is nice too. I don't really see the problem of them giving us some equivalent possibilities here and there. 

But then again, I'm far from an extrem min-maxer at heart.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JeP2k3 said:
9 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Having some room to creativity besides optimization is nice too. I don't really see the problem of them giving us some equivalent possibilities here and there. 

But then again, I'm far from an extrem min-maxer at heart.

I like the creativity aspect but 3 buildings with the same measurements with the same restrictions (needing a floor) should have some features to distinguish them.

(Yes, I have to confess beeing one of these "min-maxers")

Right now the sculpture will be the go to building, the flower pot is a superior version (better range/decor) but the seeds are limited.

=> If the buildings would be equivalent I would call it a nice feature to increase variation, but right now there is no point in building a pedestal

(If we are able to find some "artifacts" in space to display the can be better or worse than our limited plants.

=> "Really late into the game" I will end up a) with just pedestal buildings or b) with none )

PS: Did MK1 change something about how plants wither ?

(Didn´t read anything in the patch notes, so I will post a bug report if someone can confirm)

Spoiler

5bfe8c1ab11de_harvestready.thumb.png.6c61f15b7038d984a0e8c385f8442730.png

Thats a little farm able supply food for 9 - 10 duplicants. Letting my plants wither on their own was a nice way to achieve a precise food production, without any duplicant interaction.

Each bristle blossom would yield an average of 200Kcal each cycle, if we assume 6 cycles growth and 4 additional cycles till the edible drops.

But right now it seems my farm didn´t produce any food for over 20 cycles

• Like 1