• Waterline added to Pitcher Pump placer
  • Fixed duplicant position for Algae Terrarium interact
  • A bunch of art adjustments to the Carpet Tile
  • Sight-Seeing Module now shows up in the Rocketry menu
  • Sight-Seeing Module actually applies buff on return
  • New Fabricator Queues will properly save/load
  • Item Pedestal now shows up in the Furniture menu
  • Restored the BBQ and Spice Bread recipes to the Cooking Station
  • Removed some unnecessary items from showing in the Logic Overlay hover cards
  • Carpet and Crown Moulding are no longer permeable
  • Hatches can no longer burrow in Carpet and Crown Moulding
  • Further work on Fabricator screen
  • Fix crash being caused by some styled text
  • Sand no longer infinitely falls on the Pitcher Pump

In addition: We've turned off a particular debugging feature which seems to be responsible for most of the slowdown on the Testing branch. The Testing branch will still have worse performance than the Release branch, but it should be much more playable now!

View full update

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

• Further work on Fabricator screen

It loooops!

• Item Pedestal now shows up in the Furniture menu

and the Displayed Object Menu is of course just awful with three objects per line 

(and it does not even display the new objects from space which are supposedly added yet unused/unobtainable resources like Genetic Ooze, Building Slab, Crushed Rock,Phosphate Nodules, Aerogel, Sand Cement, Electrum, Radium, Carbon Fiber, Bitumen, Pyrite, Neutronium, Cement, Cement Mix, Propane, Helium and Mercury)~

• In addition: We've turned off a particular debugging feature which seems to be responsible for most of the slowdown on the Testing branch. The Testing branch will still have worse performance than the Release branch, but it should be much more playable now!

The difference is like night and day, thank you!

• Tourist Module now shows up in the Rocketry menu

Please call it Sight-Seeing Module to be persistent with your naming for once... *munches FruitCake"

• Thanks 1

Killn should show the name of the product ;)

The choice between coal and clay seems odd

@Ipsquiggle What is the purpose of crown moulding tiles ?

Thanks klei: The new preview seems to run FASTER than the stable branch on my laptop ;)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

23 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Carpet and Crown Moulding are no longer permeable

And here I thought the decor-positive mesh tile was intended. Why you ave to do me dirty like this.

Btw, was there a fix for oversized fonts in objects' UI boxes?

• Haha 2

• Developer

The new decor items are still work-in-progress, please bear with us while we wrap them up. :) Feedback on their current state/ui is appreciated though!

The crown moulding is going to be a low-tier decoration that can be applied fairly freely to rooms.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

We've turned off a particular debugging feature which seems to be responsible for most of the slowdown on the Testing branch. The Testing branch will still have worse performance than the Release branch, but it should be much more playable now!

Thank You!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

The new decor items are still work-in-progress, please bear with us while we wrap them up. :) Feedback on their current state/ui is appreciated though!

The crown moulding is going to be a low-tier decoration that can be applied fairly freely to rooms.

Well, sounds like a good direction, for pedestals a search&display by typing (similarly to sandbox and debug) and perhaps last used items would be better than a long list since even if you discard unobtainable items and only discovered items, it'd still be damn long and unwieldy, heck, even if you double the items per row and display double the columns. Similar applies to eggs for Incubators, one is better off too lick twice (first genus and then morph) than having to scrooooll

and here'd the stats I'd give all 'em tiles, feel free to consider~

• Tile, Metal Tile: Unchanged
  • Crown Moulding Tile: Same Material Cost and same Movement Speed as normal tile; Decor Value, Decor Radius double of normal Tile and construction speed double to quadrupled 
  • Carpet Tile: Same Material as normal Tile plus one Reed Fiber, Movement Speed +20% (slightly slower than normal tiles); Decor Value double of normal, 4 tile radius, Carpet covers all exposed sides, construction speed double to quadrupled of Crown Moulding
  • Bunker Tile and Insulated Tile: 10% Movement Bonus
  • Window Tile: -20% Movement Penalty (thread carefully)
  • Mesh Tile: -20% Movement Penalty (watch your step!)
  • Airflow Tile: -10% Movement Penalty (watch your step a little)
  • Plastic Tile: Let less light through than Window tiles (~10%-30%, Windows are like 90%)
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, shortywz said:

Still seeing this in the latest update - causing ingredients to be left all over my base and wasting a lot of dupe time :/

Worse than just wasting dupe time, it results in a need for constant micromanagement of all production.   The UI changes for production are currently a huge step down from previous update.  I can see where they are going with it but it is definitely not there.

I am fairly certain it is also causing rather extreme lag.   Adding more production facilities with conflicting requests(both need water, etc) causes them all to start spamming the 'building lacks resources' tag endlessly and causes the game to slow to a crawl. 

In general, lag is very bad in this.   I realize some of that is just the nature of a testing branch, some of it has to do with tools left in.   But a cycle 100 base with 6 dupes should not be moving at the same speed on all 3 speed settings and shouldn't sluggishly move the camera around.   Even with a somewhat old laptop.  This is much worse than cycle 1000 bases with 20 dupes and massive amounts of automation everywhere.   Not sure if it is only production causing lag, but something is definitely not working right.

17 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

Well, sounds like a good direction, for pedestals a search&display by typing (similarly to sandbox and debug) and perhaps last used items would be better than a long list since even if you discard unobtainable items and only discovered items, it'd still be damn long and unwieldy, heck, even if you double the items per row and display double the columns. Similar applies to eggs for Incubators, one is better off too lick twice (first genus and then morph) than having to scrooooll

and here'd the stats I'd give all 'em tiles, feel free to consider~

• Tile, Metal Tile: Unchanged
  • Crown Moulding Tile: Same Material Cost and same Movement Speed as normal tile; Decor Value, Decor Radius double of normal Tile and construction speed double to quadrupled 
  • Carpet Tile: Same Material as normal Tile plus one Reed Fiber, Movement Speed +20% (slightly slower than normal tiles); Decor Value double of normal, 4 tile radius, Carpet covers all exposed sides, construction speed double to quadrupled of Crown Moulding
  • Bunker Tile and Insulated Tile: 10% Movement Bonus
  • Window Tile: -20% Movement Penalty (thread carefully)
  • Mesh Tile: -20% Movement Penalty (watch your step!)
  • Airflow Tile: -10% Movement Penalty (watch your step a little)
  • Plastic Tile: Let less light through than Window tiles (~10%-30%, Windows are like 90%)

so my conclusion is it is still best to use metal tiles for huge decor and speed bonus and ignore the crown molding and carpet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chemie said:

so my conclusion is it is still best to use metal tiles for huge decor and speed bonus and ignore the crown molding and carpet.

This however comes with a great cost, refined metal does not grow on trees (only iron falls from the sky but one wants gold).

They are a mid (base) and late (main path) game solution. With my suggestion the Carpet Tiles could at least be suitable for ceilings in rooms which are 4 tiles tall (it'd be +40 to +48 decor since radius is actually a rectangle). One could of course consider to give the new tiles another decor value buff or make metal less neat (because gold is OP with +22.5 x 3 and movement bonus)

@Ipsquiggle infinite production orders do not work properly: after some amount of orders done (or most likely after there's not enough ingridient to continue infinite order) it just stops producting even if there's enough engridients afterwards. so i constantly need to check my cooking station and other equipment and to fix it i'm changing infinite order to whatever amount and back to infinite

Also the most annoying part after the patch (or maybe even from the beginning of this QoL update) is that duplicants keep taking stuff from the ground and after few tiles they drop it. Then return and pickup and again drop and this madness can continue forever until they will get hungry or whatever.

Edited by Khullag
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Khullag said:

Also the most annoying part after the patch (or maybe even from the beginning of this QoL update) is that duplicants keep taking stuff from the ground and after few tiles they drop it. Then return and pickup and again drop and this madness can continue forever until they will get hungry or whatever.

Yeah, there seems to be something related to the production queuing which is causing the orders to get re-evaluated every 1-2 seconds, at which point the dupes drop whatever they're carrying and start over again.

14 hours ago, atnoslen said:

Burying a dup causes a crash.

I confirm that, happen now 5 times in a row after buriying and deconstuct the grave. It happen not instantanious but 1 -2 min after.

I think its related, the Cot is still assigned even after death.

6cebce936a38faeea8229363e60e23ed.png

Edited by VitaCoke
  • Haha 1

Priorities are also borked.   Ellie, shown here, has Operate at max priority, the metal refinery is set to 9, but for some reason the refining task is listed as 'low priority', and hence never occurs.   Similar issues all over the place, but this is one example.

Spoiler

20181124134925_1.thumb.jpg.74e5bef2ce6e047aab11e3badb6d36d2.jpg

• Thanks 1