[Game Update] - 296074

The 'Unrefrigerated Food[3]' warning no longer takes you to the location of the food in question when clicked, but instead opens the food construction panel, which is very unhelpful.  Especially annoying as it makes a popping noise every 10 seconds or so, letting you know that somewhere, out in the area you have barely explored, some critter corpse is rotting away amidst the detritus of your mining, and will continue to for ages, and your dupes will never go to pick it up.

Edited by Iriswaters
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Production buildings sometimes just 'forget' working orders.   Despite being set to infinite of something, it shows 'no working orders' and dupes of course won't work on the station.  Easy fix of turning it off and then on again(which is why I don't have a screenshot) , but this isn't obvious, and leds to idle factories sitting around doing nothing for ages, and frustration trying to figure out why your operate-priority(or cook) focused dupe is running around sweeping. 

Ok the new update ate my savegame ...

Slept in while ONI was still running, so I woke up with a lost colony (my grills stopped to produce their infinite orders) and all autosaves are 0 duplicants either ...

That should be the point to load your own "savepoint", but this savegame will crash anytime I try to load it ...

Regarding screen resolutions with this build (and maybe the previous ones):
- can it be set while in windowed mode, rather than having to switch to fullscreen first (if one wants to set a specific resolution that is)?
- said windowed resolution doesn't stick if I quit/restart the game

I have 2 monitors (if that's part of what's causing the issue).

The new cooking/refining interface is nice but need a bit more work. Before i could hover over the details of refined materials such as "thermally reactive" or "high thermal conductivity" and see exact numbers of each material. With new interface i can't do that. 

It would be nice to see more numbers overall in the whole game. Numbers matter a lot in this game so why hide them ? :) 

Also i would be very happy if you returned the EXACT scientific unit measurement (Joules, Watts, Pascals for pressure, etc). Maybe as an advanced option. Kids learn about these things in elementary school (at least i did). 

Edited by Ashpoker
  • Like 1

• Developer
19 hours ago, Iriswaters said:

Production buildings sometimes just 'forget' working orders.   Despite being set to infinite of something, it shows 'no working orders' and dupes of course won't work on the station.  Easy fix of turning it off and then on again(which is why I don't have a screenshot) , but this isn't obvious, and leds to idle factories sitting around doing nothing for ages, and frustration trying to figure out why your operate-priority(or cook) focused dupe is running around sweeping. 

So just to be clear: the building shows that you've configured orders in the left panel (i.e. a recipe set to infinite) but the right panel has that status item and dupes don't work it? (Thanks for all the reports, by the way.)

6 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Ok the new update ate my savegame ...

Slept in while ONI was still running, so I woke up with a lost colony (my grills stopped to produce their infinite orders) and all autosaves are 0 duplicants either ...

That should be the point to load your own "savepoint", but this savegame will crash anytime I try to load it ...

Would you mind posting a bug report for this and uploading your save game? Thanks. Also I'll see if we can do something more sensible with autosaves once the colony has failed.

5 hours ago, marmot said:

Regarding screen resolutions with this build (and maybe the previous ones):
- can it be set while in windowed mode, rather than having to switch to fullscreen first (if one wants to set a specific resolution that is)?
- said windowed resolution doesn't stick if I quit/restart the game

I have 2 monitors (if that's part of what's causing the issue).

So you're saying that rather than dragging the corners of the window to an approximate size, you'd rather set it precisely with the game settings?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

So just to be clear: the building shows that you've configured orders in the left panel (i.e. a recipe set to infinite) but the right panel has that status item and dupes don't work it? (Thanks for all the reports, by the way.)

Specifically the box above the orders on the left.   It has 2 spots, that show "Current Order: Foo" and "Next Order: Bar".   When there are no recipes, they show as "No workable orders", twice.   On occasion, this happens even when you have orders, and no other sign is given to let you know that the production is not going to occur.

Edited by Iriswaters
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

In my case anyway, the left panel shows the order as expected. the right side shows empty of the ingredients for that recipe.  The base shows (for example) 32kcal of mushrooms but won't deliver any to the grill.  no priorities or other things changed between normal behavior and this.  I didn't notice a message about working orders but i wasn't looking for it either :)

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

It seems to happens when a building with a recipe set to infinite runs out of ingredients. The left panel then indicates there is no workable order but the building does not generate a notification about the missing ingredient and stays in this state even if new ingredients are made afterward. Duplicants will ignore the building, they won't even deliver the items.

Yeah, there is definitely something weird with the AI going on.  I have a dupe that keeps walking back and forth, digging one tile, getting a errand to go deconstruct something, getting 20-30 tiles, stopping, turning around, going back and digging one tile, and doing it again.   10 times now. 

7 hours ago, Iriswaters said:

Screenshot of what I mean.   Note that I have plenty of peppernuts and bristle berries, an infinite order of stuffed berries, and yet the order list is 'No workable orders"

Reveal hidden contents

20181126163624_1.thumb.jpg.114eae63005686177c5d307e5589784e.jpg

I had the same problem. It helps to empty the cooking station. Usually something rotten comes out.

14 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

So you're saying that rather than dragging the corners of the window to an approximate size, you'd rather set it precisely with the game settings?

Yes. I don't mind the corners dragging option though, but I'm so used to being able to set the resolution precisely. It's ok if you don't want to implement it, I can live with it :)