So about the forge...

So the forge has been amazing so far but there are some things i dont like:

1)About the serevers

Servers could use some more options when are being hosted(a level minimum that can join and a vote kick)

2)About players

If server says like level 20+ u dont join if u get auto joined u should just leave and be nice 

If u dont know how to play listen thats all u dont know everything 

dont be toxic 

Dont complain that its too hard ,its too easy if anything i won like 20 times (we won with 5 wilsons) and klei made it easier than next year with all the new stugg

3)about the roles and characters

Some need a buff cuz they are just a worse copy of another character

wilson is not a healer and he is not mandatory in every team (why revive if nobody dies)

runner does not need armor with bonus speed and if u play woodie its better if u take a roll of the tank at end boss

its best if u have 2 or at least 1 book for stuns in team so whach out for that when u pick characters at start

4)bugs

when u go to corner fight some times when u hold ctrl f character walks to the edge and runs to nothing

when u attack the end boss and ur not standing behind tank or doing anything wrong it does the ground slam on you for no reason(not well coded)

its rly hard to be a runner if ur playing wes cuz the boss does not aggro you

5)about chests thats every one complaning

klei added too much portrait icons and some bad things and now its almost imposibel to get an elegant (people dont get an elegant in 30 chests and its like 30 h of play time)

but still u can wave stuff so better than other companys 

P,S:

Sorry about my english and i rly love dst and i will never stop playing it just i need to say some things

1. I'm not sure about votekicking, but minimum level requirements are generally a bad idea, as level is a terrible way to tell someone's skill.

2. you can filter out people who use quickjoin from your server by setting a password and putting it in the description, not to say everyone who uses quickjoin is a bad player, but rather that most bad players use quickjoin.

3. While I mostly agree here, Wilson is definitely a good idea on public servers, where anything and everything can and will go wrong. I wouldn't use him on a private lobby tho.

4. The boarrior one isn't a bug, his ranged attacks are supposed to be random. That's like the entire challenge of the boss.

1 hour ago, thedude1320 said:

2)About players

If server says like level 20+ u dont join if u get auto joined u should just leave and be nice 

I disagree. Limiting servers should have passwords in the in description. That's the job of the server creator, not people who auto-join.

Something like "Who is the best healer?" is particularly good to put.

2 hours ago, thedude1320 said:

Actually since this is the 2nd Forge, people now have the right to join these serves cuz they're veterans. I joined a 30+ server as a lvl 19 and when i said I'm a veteran everyone accepted me exept some Russian player who was constantly typing "This is 30+ go away" When I told him that in 2017 I was lvl 70+ he said "This is 2018 not 2017" …what? Yeah sure my skills and knowledge have also reseted… 

I had to actually leave cuz he wouldn't ready up. These are the types of players that ruin the experience

2 hours ago, thedude1320 said:

when u attack the end boss and ur not standing behind tank or doing anything wrong it does the ground slam on you for no reason(not well coded)

I'm 100% certain that this is intentional and not a coding goof.

I've played a lot of MMOs and pretty much every boss ever has certain mechanics that are meant to mess with the healers/ranged folks.  I think this is one of those.

3 hours ago, thedude1320 said:

klei added too much portrait icons and some bad things and now its almost imposibel to get an elegant (people dont get an elegant in 30 chests and its like 30 h of play time)

That's the point... its not supposed to be easy peasy in 2 chests to get an elegant

ye i figured it out and i got 2 elegants in 30 chests which is good s odont mind that

2 hours ago, Miss Maya said:

I'm 100% certain that this is intentional and not a coding goof.

I've played a lot of MMOs and pretty much every boss ever has certain mechanics that are meant to mess with the healers/ranged folks.  I think this is one of those.

its a lil bit anoying and kind of random luck

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Actually since this is the 2nd Forge, people now have the right to join these serves cuz they're veterans. I joined a 30+ server as a lvl 19 and when i said I'm a veteran everyone accepted me exept some Russian player who was constantly typing "This is 30+ go away" When I told him that in 2017 I was lvl 70+ he said "This is 2018 not 2017" …what? Yeah sure my skills and knowledge have also reseted… 

I had to actually leave cuz he wouldn't ready up. These are the types of players that ruin the experience

many people say that but they dident play in 2017 so its hard to beleave

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I disagree. Limiting servers should have passwords in the in description. That's the job of the server creator, not people who auto-join.

Something like "Who is the best healer?" is particularly good to put.

well okay about auto join but some times people get in on purpose its a lock server with 20 + and a level 9 joins and does not wanna leave

4 hours ago, thedude1320 said:

I'm 90% sure that's not how the drop chances work. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but each rarity has it's own set chance of happening. The drop chances for rare skins would be exactly the same, no matter how many common drops there are

4 hours ago, thedude1320 said:

Honestly, I don't really think that's the case. The drop rates with event chests seem to match up with normal drop rates. So I'm convinced that it rolls rarity first, then rolls an item from that rarity tier.

Ninja'd by @ReubuxxInc :wilson_ninja:

6 hours ago, thedude1320 said:

I still can't accept the fact that people in the forum are absolutely 100% okay with the loot box system and DST loot system in general. People in the steam forum complain about it, my group of friends rant about it, it's stupidly rigged and low chance to get elegant are absolutely abyssmal. Why anyone would defend this practice is just baffling at this point.

13 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

It'd only be comparable to loot boxes if you paid money for random contents.

The random stuff's free.

So people hard work and grinding on the forge just deserve the really crappy loot rng that the boxes gift just because it's free?

Are you really enjoying getting 3 stamps and 1 rare loading screen every single box after playing the forge for a few hours?

People time isn't free, and this isn't rewarding either.

13 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

If you pay money, you know what you're getting.

And that's exactly what they wanted you to do.

7 hours ago, thedude1320 said:

So the forge has been amazing so far but there are some things i dont like:

1)About the serevers

Servers could use some more options when are being hosted(a level minimum that can join and a vote kick)

2)About players

If u dont know how to play listen thats all u dont know everything

--Additionally, don't be a jerk when someone DOES show up by accident, and ask them to leave _nicely_.

Dont complain that its too hard ,its too easy if anything i won like 20 times (we won with 5 wilsons) and klei made it easier than next year with all the new stugg

wilson is not a healer and he is not mandatory in every team (why revive if nobody dies)

Well SOMEbody's a little "Look how great a player I am!" showoff...Wilson may not be NECESSARY, but he definitely does _help_.  I dunno about you, but I've never, I mean, NEVER been in a group where I was confident about _everybody_ that I just ASSUMED dying wouldn't happen.

6 hours ago, Nitrogenoxide said:

2. you can filter out people who use quickjoin from your server by setting a password and putting it in the description, not to say everyone who uses quickjoin is a bad player, but rather that most bad players use quickjoin..

Hang on, lemme fix that for ya:

2. you can filter out people who use quickjoin from your server by setting a password and putting it in the description, not to say everyone who uses quickjoin is a bad player, but rather that most players who can't be online at the same time as their friends use quickjoin.

There.  Or, alternatively, their friends ARE online, and indeed already in-game...in a FILLED Forge server.

5 hours ago, PillsStealer said:

I just wear the forge beta background to prove i'm a veteran

I sometimes wear it because it looks cool.  : P  Unfortunately, as seen from elsewhere in the thread...apparently even THAT doesn't help anymore since people are SO FRIGGIN' PARANOID about getting noobs, they no longer believe _actual_ veterans!  :(

Although technically the background only proves that you were AROUND for the beta, it doesn't necessarily mean you got to a high level at any time, in or out of the beta.  It just means you were around early.  Badge of "I was there!" status, sure...notsomuch "Proof of Badassery."  : P

...Notorious

8 hours ago, DarithD said:

I still can't accept the fact that people in the forum are absolutely 100% okay with the loot box system and DST loot system in general. People in the steam forum complain about it, my group of friends rant about it, it's stupidly rigged and low chance to get elegant are absolutely abyssmal. Why anyone would defend this practice is just baffling at this point.

Personally, I think it would be ok... if you could weave everything that is...

17 hours ago, DarithD said:

So people hard work and grinding on the forge just deserve the really crappy loot rng that the boxes gift just because it's free?

Wow, you are so confused about how actual life works. "Hard work"?! Give me a break. This is a game, and people play it, mostly, to procrastinate. Now, who did work hard are the devs, to bring you this free event. In some very twisted logic of yours, they should not be paid for the hours they put in? "People time isn't free"?! Jeez. Yours sure as hell is, because you don't sound like you have ever had a sniff at "hard work".

20 hours ago, DarithD said:

Because the loot boxes contain purely cosmetic items, and nothing affecting the actual gameplay in any way.

It is common that most free-2-play (and sadly, also some pay-2-play) online games feature lootbox-like systems which do not only contain nice costumes, but also stuff like EXP-boosts or overpowered upgrades. And, of course, they always also sell them for cash. In packages containing 100, 200 or 500 boxes.

With that in mind, the loot boxes of DST are absolutely fair.

20 hours ago, DarithD said:

Portuguese:
você é meu heroi! Você disse o que eu tento dizer a dias atras. Eu abri 35 baus e recebi APENAS 1 wes head e 2 ou 3 roupas do novo Forge.
Eles deveriam colocar as roupas do Forge antigo apenas para venda ou para fabricar, não em baús.

English:
you are my hero! You said what I tried to say to days ago. I opened 35 chests and received ONLY 1 wes head and 2 or 3 clothes from the new Forge.
They should put the clothes of the old Forge just for sale or to make, not in chests.

21 hours ago, DarithD said:

Are you really enjoying getting 3 stamps and 1 rare loading screen every single box after playing the forge for a few hours?

The servers are all Klei official dedicated servers.  They cost money to run.  How would you propose to cover the cost?

I get it, I'm no fan of capitalism either.  There's plenty of ways income inequality and unequal access can hurt people: health care, education, personal safety, employment opportunities, housing, family stability, transportation.  But $5-$10 for virtual cosmetics in an online game?  That dollar-bin luxury?  Give me a break (on my student loans).

Yeah, getting nothing but dupes and commons sucks, but it's not why I'm playing The Forge.  But if value for time's your concern, you know you can buy these item collections for barely an hour's pay at minimum wage, right?  I'm not going to tell you to get a job because I know how hard it can be to find work on short notice, even with a degree.  But if you've got work, even a ****ty job, this is nothing.  Assuming first-world wages; I suppose it might be different if you're in a poorer country with a weak currency.  But even so, you still don't need these items.

Simples, Tire todas as Skins dos baús e coloque-as para vender na loja ou para fabricar. Odeio a ideia de ter baixíssimas chances de conseguir um item novo, enquanto novos jogadores estão maravilhados com qualquer item que vier justamente por não terem nenhum!

Total de itens que podem cair nos baús: 279

2 hours ago, billsends said:

Simples, Tire todas as Skins dos baús e coloque-as para vender na loja ou para fabricar. Odeio a ideia de ter baixíssimas chances de conseguir um item novo, enquanto novos jogadores estão maravilhados com qualquer item que vier justamente por não terem nenhum!

Total de itens que podem cair nos baús: 279

O único problema com essa sugestão é que esses itens não podem ser negociados. / The only problem with that suggestion is these items cannot be traded.

20 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

O único problema com essa sugestão é que esses itens não podem ser negociados. / The only problem with that suggestion is these items cannot be traded.

Não entendi, quais itens não podem ser negociados?

Archived