Does anyone else find the new grass system really tedious?

The fact that you now have to use a machete to hack grass 3 times a piece is really tedious, that worked ok for the resources it was used for in shipwrecked cause you didn't need nearly as much of them, but you need way more grass, so grass cutting takes up a tremendous amount of very boring time.

And... in SW, it takes 6 hacks to get vines and bamboo.  No, I don't find the 3 hack grass system in Hamlet tedious.  There is also free, easy to pick grass along the outskirts of town that don't belon to any pigs.  And it gets easier once you can make shears, as others already said.  

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

I just make a small grass farm near the house using tufts stolen fro guard pigs. No problems after that. The pigs even pay you to collect fertilizer

You can dig up tough grass and get one grass tuft.  you won't get any grass that way, but  you don't have to rely on stealing from pigs to build your own grass farm.  However, while I have dug up tough grass, I haven't replanted it yet so I hope my assumption is correct.   

New grass system isn't really tedious. At least for me. It's something new and I appreciate everything new dlcs bring. I actually find it more useful then regular grass. But only if you use shears that is.

By default there're big clusters of tall grass. Shears cut grass almost as fast if not faster than your character charvests regular grass. Then you only need to pick up 2 cut grass and picking up animation is basically instant. 

My point is- if you use shears you can get like 2-3 stacks of grass in 1 day 

I'm not a huge fan of it, but I've just been digging and replanting it in a different turf where it comes out as regular grass (usually I put it near the town). There's usually some rot around the edges of the town to start with, so you can use that to fertilise the grass (if you want to save manure for other things). 

I actually prefer this system to anything else. Going to massive patch of grass and getting 2 really quickly and just getting 100 grass under 45 sec is amazing.

Also if you don't like it, just go in ruins and get regular grass there and build yourself a farm like usual

It's really a none-issue. Grass has never been easier to acquire in bulk. Craft shears. Chop a bunch of tall grass in 1 chop and get 2 per. 

If it's really bugging you dig up the tall grass, and transplant it. It'll turn into normal grass.

I think its an immersion thing. You're going to be using a lot of shops and civilization for your gains in this, rather than your foraging and wilderness skills. 

Cutting down grass with a machete like a savage, to then move up to trimming it like a sophisticated person seems intentional.  It's supposed to be tedious and undesirable.

Archived