1 minute ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

whats the code?

for the beta?

no code

In Steam, click on Library > Games.
Scroll down to Don't Starve Together.
Right-click and select Properties.
Go to the BETAS tab.
In the dropdown, select the name of the branch you want to play. "forgebeta - The Forge Beta branch"
In that same Properties window, go to the Local Files tab and press "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache."
Your game will be updated to The Forge Beta branch.
Launch and play Don't Starve Together

Got in and started a round just fine, fatal error on first Snortoise wave which crashed the game. I would have put this with the linked bug report area, but that just brings me to the archived beta forums from last year and I can't post there.

EDIT: Got the same fatal error on double Boarilla and crew wave, so not related to a single wave. Windows showed a temp error, so I would assume it's something causing my rig to overheat. (I've never had heating issues before.)

yeah all my stuff is gone apart from the skins bought as DLC... but they show up in my steam inventory so i guess we are playing a separate version with temporary stuff that only gives you the stuff you purchased and the RoG and SW loyal skins

5 minutes ago, LzYoung said:

I remembered JeoW said the Beta Server  is not the same one with Normal Server.

so I think nothing to worry

Ah, I see.

2 minutes ago, Luis Lzn said:

yeah all my stuff is gone apart from the skins bought as DLC... but they show up in my steam inventory so i guess we are playing a separate version with temporary stuff that only gives you the stuff you purchased and the RoG and SW loyal skins

Yep, happened with me too.

4 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

did they add anything new other than quests and skins?

Like new stuff to the actual gameplay?

They gave Boarilla's a new roll attack, so kites have to be careful and tanks have to stand where no one is behind them. Apparently they might be adding two new mobs too, a rhino looking thing called the Drill Chargeant and a mob that looks similar to the Boarrior called Scarabutaur the Condemned. Haven't seen them myself though, only saying what I've heard. Could mean that there are extra stages, or it could mean rounds vary with diff enemies coming in. They might add the full Forge on release, so we just have to wait.

Archived