[TOOL] Tools Not Included (aka the Seed Browser)

@Gaons could you please link them? I just tried a bunch of both old and new seeds and they're okay.

If the seeds are one of the newer I can bulk-delete if someone added malicious data.

Also -- are you sure you're not running any world changing mod? Anything that influences map size anyhow will also produce completely different seeds

7 hours ago, Cairath said:

@Gaons could you please link them? I just tried a bunch of both old and new seeds and they're okay.

this one had a copper and a carbon dioxide vent that didnt show up at site:

https://toolsnotincluded.net/seeds/122285938/300556

7 hours ago, Cairath said:

Also -- are you sure you're not running any world changing mod? Anything that influences map size anyhow will also produce completely different seeds

I have the custom world gen mod, but i didnt change the values os world gen, so it should not interfere. As i recall, if you left them on standard, the world should generate the same seed for everyone, right?

edit: found the problem, had a mod from javisar that changed the world gen. didnt noticed it till you told me. Thank you =)

I'm happy to release v1.0 of Tools Not Included! 

Stating from now, only this URL will work: https://ToolsNotIncluded.net. The old URL has been retired with a 'we've moved' page, so please update your bookmarks.

The site currently features a seed browser (we're at almost 18 000 seeds and rising!) and a mod to upload them from the game. All you need is install a mod and hit 'Upload' in the menu - and it will upload the seed with all geysers, planets and some more details to the website!

As of this release (7.01.2019), debug mode is no longer needed, but seeds uploaded via the manual mod need to be fresh, within 60 seconds of their creation, due to the type of data it gathers about the world (mass of elements in starting biomes for one)

Automatic mod aka the Seed Miner  NEEDS to be removed during normal play -- I suggest you keep it in a separate folder and swap when needed -- and runs the game in background continuously uploading seeds - great way to join the contributors.

Please report issues to the issue tracker here: https://github.com/Cairath/tools-not-included/issues

Happy seed hunting! :D 

Changelog:

8.01.2019:

• re-uploaded mods with a hotfix that prevented connection to the server

7.01.2018:

• The entire front-end rewritten
  • The seed browser filter has been expanded with a custom rule builder
  • Seed details page shows a star map
  • Various performance improvements

From now on, two mods will be maintained: manual and automatic. Automatic version (aka the seed miner - not suitable for playing, seed uploading only) works in background and automatically generates and uploads new worlds without interaction. For more information please refer to the Mod Info Page

• Mod versions 1.0a(utomatic) and 1.0m(anual):
    • Mods do not require debug mode anymore
    • Collecting data about world element composition
  • Mod version 1.0m:
    • As a thanks for sharing, the mod will display a list of geysers in game when you upload a seed.
    • Constraint: uploaded worlds need to be within 60 seconds of their creation and with no cells dug out.

Thanks. The site becomes even better and more convenient than it was. I really like your site. I often start a new game by experimenting with new ideas. Your site helps me to find the best seed suitable for the task.

Let me offer you a few small suggestions. I apologize if I just didn't understand, and actually such functionality exist.

- The button allowing to reset all filters was not found. 

- If you open a site in a new tab, it opens with the same filters as the previous tab. And immediately begins the search, which leads to a noticeable delay in opening. Perhaps you should give the user the opportunity to click on the Search button, because he may want to first edit the filters.

- The ability to save filters ? For example through Url. It would be very convenient :) 

- With current filters it is impossible to make the following condition "no more than 3 geysers/volcanoes, which I don't need". That increase the result set for check. 

Now I can only ask through the condition OR: "1 chlorine geyser, 1 steam geyser, 1 carbon dioxide geyser, 1 dirty water geyser". In this case, I will be able to get the seed, which contains all 4 of these geysers. While I would like to get an option where these 4 options in total give no more than 2-3. 

I hope I clearly explained my idea :)

Hey, 

The reset filter button has been replaced by little trash bins next to each rule but I can see deleting many annoying - I can restore that one.

I like the idea of saving and sharing rules!  I'll implement it.

Saving the filter is deliberate as redoing the rules each refresh but I'll think about it

Update 12.01.2019:

• Added an 'exactly' rule comparator for planet and geyser counts rules
  • Brought back the possibility to reset all rules at once
  • Ability to import/export rules using a generated code
  • Minor styling changes

Not per se, but I do store correlation ID (to easily bulk-delete in case someone decides to play not nice, find a way around all internal checks and needs to be banned) so if you contact me and make an upload when I am looking at the logs I could check how many seeds were created/last modified by you, given you upload from the same network

There will be a way for the mod to communicate with the server and request given seeds, but its not going to be soon -- busy with work and lots of more burning things to implement.

Given that there are 2+ billion possible seeds, the % of duplicates is tiny - right now its around 100 seeds out of 19k

Updateeeee!

27 January 2019

• 'Reset all rules' now correctly resets also seed number

For seeds collected since 7th Jan:

• Added a world and geyser visual map
  • Added world element composition - total masses in starting biome and all biomes
  • Added biome size list

Now, for seeds added since the v1.0 release you can check a fancy map showing biomes and geyser locations (don't worry, the map shows up only if you click on it - no forced spoilers):

1aba63c189.png

46 minutes ago, nessumo said:

Fancy map not working on Safari for me - just biomes are showed, no geysers. Working fine on Chrome.

But still - awesome job!

I uploaded something that should fix it (at least according to the internet :P) But safari for windows is utter crap and suffers of the IE syndrome -- doesn't work, so I can't test it. Could you try again? Will probably require deleting browser cache for that site.

Archived