[TOOL] Tools Not Included (aka the Seed Browser)

Been running the auto upload update for a few days now and want to note a couple things I've noticed. While I'm used to seeing the occasional "error please restart your game" Unity now hard crashes with the same convoluted error (log file attached). This may be a OniDev fix as it looks like the methods causing the crash concern the PowerDiagram but I'm going to note it here for your sharp eyes and maybe see if I can get it to happen without the mod. Second it looks like the JSON for submission is being written to the logs again and the last time that was enabled it was noted as an "oops".

Crash_2020-08-12_172512341.zip

Hey. Sadly the hard crash with unity restarter started happening when the game had a bigger update and I don't think I can fix that. As for the json -- oops... :P Thankfully it doesnt negatively impact anything, but I'll note it down this time and try to remember :P

Hello,

I was trying to generate a easier map on Rime when I found your tool (which look cool) but I couldn't believe the number of geyser available for each map so I tried 3 or 4 random maps in debug and nothing was alike :confused:

I'm missing something or it's normal ? (i never had the 3 nat gas or 5 volcano i should have found etc)

I'm still new but a bit confuse

Have you checked the seed-number is the same as in the browser after you started the map? If not, you entered the number wrong. 

If the browser tells you the seed is S-FRZ-1824830694-0, you only need to insert the 1824830694 to the map generator, after you selected the world type (in your case Rime).

Hey!

With the upcoming DLC I'm considering adding additional translations to TNI. If anyone is interested in providing translations to their language - let me know (looking for volunteers right now, actual translations when I update the website after dlc changes)

Hey @Cairath, people have been talking that the Nov 25th updated changed the game engine, which changes all the world generation seeds. Is there any plans for updating the database for the new world gen? Will you save the old database?

Also, I have noticed that the last seed submission at toolsnotincluded was at Nov 24th

@captainflint The engine change did not invalidate map generation. As of current live version the maps on TNI are valid.

The upcoming DLC release changes worldgen significantly and will require major rework of the website. The site is currently in maintenance mode and what happens next will depend on state of both the base game and the DLC when DLC is released, but most likely that will be a full wipe. 

3 hours ago, Cairath said:

@captainflint The engine change did not invalidate map generation. As of current live version the maps on TNI are valid.

The upcoming DLC release changes worldgen significantly and will require major rework of the website. The site is currently in maintenance mode and what happens next will depend on state of both the base game and the DLC when DLC is released, but most likely that will be a full wipe. 

Did the base game world generation also change? If not, i guess it will be a dual system. Basegame and DLC. 

54 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Did the base game world generation also change? If not, i guess it will be a dual system. Basegame and DLC. 

That's something we won't know for certain until it hits live.  If there are absolutely no changes then I'll get to migrate the current data, but a lot of world-handling code changed, I wouldn't be surprised if there were side effects - although I haven't tested that so no clue. Rather short on time these days so waiting for more concrete data before I start working on it and with such substantial changes I probably won't be done any soon.

It's going to have to be 'dual' either way - noncluster and cluster maps, that'll take a lot of work to adjust, both backend (....a lot) and frontend. 

3 hours ago, Cairath said:

That's something we won't know for certain until it hits live.  If there are absolutely no changes then I'll get to migrate the current data, but a lot of world-handling code changed, I wouldn't be surprised if there were side effects - although I haven't tested that so no clue. Rather short on time these days so waiting for more concrete data before I start working on it and with such substantial changes I probably won't be done any soon.

It's going to have to be 'dual' either way - noncluster and cluster maps, that'll take a lot of work to adjust, both backend (....a lot) and frontend. 

Take your time. In the end, you provide a free and wonderful service to the players. Its done when its done ^^ And a big thank you.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:51 AM, Cairath said:

I'm interested in helping out, I'll contact you via Github - I think you've created a very useful set of mods, thanks for all of your effort to make this asteroid a little more hospitable!

Archived