[TOOL] Tools Not Included (aka the Seed Browser)

4 hours ago, BoulderSteve said:

Your work on this is amazing! Thank you very much for what you've done. As a relative newb, I want to play my first game on the new release in no sweat mode. I apologize if this has been covered before, (I tried to do a search first) but apparently the maps generate differently depending on the difficulty level. Is there any way to see what the no-sweat map looks like?

They generate the same, the difficulty level affects things like hunger rate or how quickly the dupes get stressed out

Thanks for your work Cairath, I used your page quite a bit before the release update and it always worked great. However, since release I tried 3 different seeds and they all generate differently from what was shown on the world map for the seed, i.e. PoIs are not where they are meant to be. I use no mods (I have one installed but its disabled), all my attempts were on terra and I reported the last one as invalid. I just launched one seed in sandbox mode for a quick check, and it too was different from what was shown on the world map, including the geysers and the biomes. So eventually I tried to check whether copy pasting coordinates (i.e. SNDST-A-1563228281-0, etc.) updates the map seed in the settings, and it doesn't do that. Not sure whether to submit to Klei as a bug or to you to inform people of this

58 minutes ago, Blodo said:

So eventually I tried to check whether copy pasting coordinates (i.e. SNDST-A-1563228281-0, etc.) updates the map seed in the settings, and it doesn't do that. Not sure whether to submit to Klei as a bug or to you to inform people of this

I reported this error yesterday: 

You need to go to to settings and set the asteroid and seed number yourself, then it'll generate actually the map you want!

Thanks for your quick reply, but the reason I posted was that I was generating worlds that didn't look like the maps on the website, even though I copied and pasted the seed. I loaded and revealed in Sandbox seven or eight worlds before I figured out what was happening. When I changed the difficulty level, the maps matched.I think Klei may have thrown another wrench in the works, but if you have another suggestion of something I could try, then please let me know. 

Your work on this is amazing! Thank you very much for what you've done. As a relative newb, I want to play my first game on the new release in no sweat mode. I apologize if this has been covered before, (I tried to do a search first) but apparently the maps generate differently depending on the difficulty level. Is there any way to see what the no-sweat map looks like?

25 minutes ago, BoulderSteve said:

Thanks for your quick reply, but the reason I posted was that I was generating worlds that didn't look like the maps on the website, even though I copied and pasted the seed. I loaded and revealed in Sandbox seven or eight worlds before I figured out what was happening. When I changed the difficulty level, the maps matched.I think Klei may have thrown another wrench in the works, but if you have another suggestion of something I could try, then please let me know. 

I will try to verify it this weekend.

The aftermath:

466 maps having conflicting Metal Rich+Metal Poor / Geoactive+Geodormant combos have been removed

450 maps having that changed because of boulder changes have been removed

which results in  916 out of 13381 maps lost (only 6.8%)

The Trait Finder algorithm on the website has also been updated.

16 minutes ago, Cairath said:

@chemie

https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/world-trait-finder

filtering during the weekend, as promised :p

I accidentally messed up performance of the brute-force in the trait finder so it's slow as hell, I'll fix it in the evening. It's killing the site so bad I'll fix it now Fixed

I was confused as to finder vs filter being different things....Chrome will have to help me filter for now ;)

After thoughtful consideration I will be doing the following:

- the automatic mod will be removed from steam. I cannot upload the completely automatic auto-restarting mod to steam due to people mindlessly clicking subscribe without reading anything

- I will upload a manual mod (aka generate fresh world and click upload) to steam

- I will upload a fully automatic mod that restarts the game each X uploads to my website. I'll add the configuration there. It will require manual installation in the mods folder and will require manually moving it out of the folder in order to disable it -- you can't really disable the mod in game if it auto starts the world generating loop :p I really wanted this to be on steam, but some people lack basic reading skills and I've already had people complaining to me that help my game is now generating worlds all the time???!!!??? - you can only guess what would happen if people kept "accidentally" subscribing to a mod that doesn't let them do anything in game. The upside is that I've been running it for a few hours on a loop now and nothing bork except for rare worldgen glitches.

13 minutes ago, Cairath said:

- I will upload a fully automatic mod that restarts the game each X uploads to my website.

Could you make a config text file just to edit the X uploads before restart the game, I dont now if this is really a problem, but people with more ram could run the game for more time before restarting it. Make a default value, without the text file, and just who really read the instructions can make the text file manually and put in the folder.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Kenchikuka said:

Could you make a config text file just to edit the X uploads before restart the game, I dont now if this is really a problem, but people with more ram could run the game for more time before restarting it. Make a default value, without the text file, and just who really read the instructions can make the text file manually and put in the folder.

Thanks!

yes, that will be one of the configurable values :)

I mean I'm mostly curious if we'll be able to configure traits being generated tbh :D And generally pretty excited about the tool so upgrades and news are as interesting as game DLC updates and news. I'm weird sometimes, don't mind me!

On 8/1/2019 at 9:21 AM, vascoegertklei said:

Quick question, I tried putting my seed number in to see what geysers I would get, but the page is returning no results. Is this because the archives are incomplete?

You've probably found an answer to your question already, but yes, this means your seed hasn't been uploaded yet! You can install the mod, regenerate the seed (i.e. start a new game with the seed), upload it and then check.

Only seeds someone somewhere has generated (and that wasn't removed due to fixes/changes to worldgen) will be findable, so if you want info on a seed that's not uploaded yet, uploading it yourself fixes that quite nicely!

On 02/08/2019 at 2:17 PM, somchaay said:

I'm probably missing it, but with the new updates I can't see where the seed is in Tools Not Included, just the coordinates. I love your work, by the way. It makes the game so much better for me.

seed number is the number part of the coordinate. so ABC-1234567-0, the 1234567 is the seed.

1 hour ago, xialeth said:

You've probably found an answer to your question already, but yes, this means your seed hasn't been uploaded yet! You can install the mod, regenerate the seed (i.e. start a new game with the seed), upload it and then check.

Only seeds someone somewhere has generated (and that wasn't removed due to fixes/changes to worldgen) will be findable, so if you want info on a seed that's not uploaded yet, uploading it yourself fixes that quite nicely!

Okay cool. Thanks for the info. I will see if I can get the mod to work without spazzing out my game

Archived