Winter Starvation

It seems a lot of people are mentioning the new mobs and the warmth mechanic.

But I have a few questions that I'm wondering if anyone else was thinking about.

Plants usually die in winter.

[*]Berry Bushes (And previous ones dying)

[*]Farm Plots (And previous ones dying)

[*]Carrots (And previous ones dying)

[*]Etc...

Animals in the winter.

[*]Rabbits (maybe we'll get a new kind?)

[*]Birds (Migrating, no more seeds?)

[*]Spiders (Not leaving their nests?)

[*]

We'll really only have Beefallo, Pigs, and the new mobs I suppose.

What do you guys think about this?

Edit: Something that came up later in the discussion-

...but I want there to be very real and demanding reasons to HAVE to leave shelter FREQUENTLY.

And I want there to be very real and dangerous reasons for the players to REALLY not want to leave the shelter.

Edited by Derekku
Spelling and Grammar

What I expect:Berry Bushes do not produce berries during winter.Grass, Saplings, Reeds, Trees and Farm Plots take longer to grow.Red Birds don't spawn, crows keep spawning. New bird for filling red bird spot.Rabbits turn into Hares.Beefallo do not reproduce during winter (they just walk around like they used to).Pigs behave normally, but take a little longer to respawn (4-5 days maybe?).I don't think that will be this severe, but would be really cool.

Would be interesting if they introduce a mechanic that freezes food, which increases the duration of the food before it spoils, but also introduce freezer burn which would also decrease the effectiveness of food to something like spoiled food. Greenhouses to attempt to grow food would be interesting as well, having to keep it warm and such.It would also be neat if they made the ice hounds explode in a blue fire, which reduces your warmth and freezes anything around it.

I think food will still be no problem. Tallbirds alone are enough for me to survive.

¨What if they fly south for winter?And there are .TEX files for rabbits and redbirds with winter theme.And dried meat, monster meat and morsel are also in hidden in the files.

¨What if they fly south for winter?And there are .TEX files for rabbits and redbirds with winter theme.And dried meat, monster meat and morsel are also in hidden in the files.

Hmm, sounds interesting. I wonder what they'll do for people wanting a meatless challenge play through.Also, does anyone know about other seasons or how long winter will be/ when it'll start?

I have always thought winter would be a hunting season. Bunnys are active in winter climes. I think a person could support himself/herself with a boomerang. I would guess even a hibernating spider nest would respond to attack. Hunting would also take players out of their camps & expose them to what may be hunting them through the blizzards (please, let there be blizzards) & expose them more fully to the cold. I want Wilson with a "to his toes" icicle on his nose, or maybe Wolfie.

My main food source is fridge................I put honeyed ham and nuggets in it.I wonder how LONG will winter be. If it's under 10 days it's possible to survive off whatever is in the fridge and it won't be a biggie, just need to make like a squirrel and GATHER STUFF.

post-9806-13764591199551_thumb.jpg
...sorry I'll stop now

Do you all WANT to die, you're committing indirect suicide with all you're asking for.

No, but I want there to be very real and demanding reasons to HAVE to leave shelter FREQUENTLY.And I want there to be very real and dangerous reasons for the players to REALLY not want to leave the shelter. Edited by Derekku

During winter there should be no food growing in the wild because of the snow.Animals should hide in areas to survive winter making food much more difficult to find.These suggestions will make winter a major part of the game and will cause the player to store and gather large amounts of food for the winter

During winter there should be no food growing in the wild because of the snow.Animals should hide in areas to survive winter making food much more difficult to find.These suggestions will make winter a major part of the game and will cause the player to store and gather large amounts of food for the winter

The devs had plans to make one character a veggie. (That's the Little Bo Peep type one). So she's kinda screwed.