The Hamlet Helping Post (BETA)

7 minutes ago, Venus3869 said:

Cooked is also poisonous, Apparently anti-venom can be made but I couldn't even see the recipe standing beside science machine

You cannot. Only the pig seller sells antivenom. Or you can just digest gland itself with penalty.

44 minutes ago, Lysh said:

Are there touch stones in this game (or will there be...or something akin to it)? I keep running into pig heads on a stick with hope, but I don't even see it in the World options. 

Yes, but you have to get it and I wont spoil it how on this post.

27 minutes ago, Spirit Glow said:

Can the shelf hold more than one item in the house? it wont hold more than 1 item at a time

So far it only has one slot.

47 minutes ago, TheCorporatePuppet said:

Where do I find gears?

I dont know exactly but I think they can be bought in a store in the second pig town.

I noticed some pigs giving me oincs like I was a bum/Homeless person.

There's a recurring female pig model I've seen that will give me oincs for flower petals but the pig with the beehive hairdo says I need trimmings. Tried to give her grass and she declined.

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I noticed some pigs giving me oincs like I was a bum/Homeless person.

There's a recurring female pig model I've seen that will give me oincs for flower petals but the pig with the beehive hairdo says I need trimmings. Tried to give her grass and she declined.

Did you get shears and trim the hedges in the town? She wants those.

45 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Didn't get the shears yet. Didn't even know to get them.

They are made near a science machine in the Tools Tab and require 2 Iron.

28 minutes ago, LeMiauh said:

What do you recommend to us on the mist? and some tips for the clothes? :c

Make a Pith Hat, it allows you to move in the fog. As for clothes you can really just dry yourself from wetness since it usually dosen't rain alot. (The Pith Hat also reduces wetness speed so its basically an umbrella)

32 minutes ago, LeMiauh said:

What do you recommend to us on the mist? and some tips for the clothes? :c

Oh and btw, for the cloth you can hammer the air balloon at the spawn of the world.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

There's a recurring female pig model I've seen that will give me oincs for flower petals but the pig with the beehive hairdo says I need trimmings. 

The pig model that requests flower petals will also accept pig droppings, directly, in exchange for oinks. In the long run, I've found this to be a more practical way to recycle droppings and farm oinks. In addition to bartering with the townsfolk, you can also exchange requested items with the shopkeepers.

Also, by leaving unwanted trimmings, petals, and other consumable/perishable items on the ground within the populated town square, you can generate more droppings instantaneously - if you're ever in dire need of cash. :D

• What are the ways of acquiring oincs (except for giving stuff to city pigs, e.g. refined materials or feathers)?
  • Is halberd better than a spear?
  • Are renewable sources of iron ore?
  • How to use a magnifying glass? I can only set things on fire with it. Even at night. And in the caves. Makes sense.
  • What are trinkets for?

37 minutes ago, Alarsin said:
  • What are the ways of acquiring oincs (except for giving stuff to city pigs, e.g. refined materials or feathers)?
  • Is halberd better than a spear?
  • Are renewable sources of iron ore?
  • How to use a magnifying glass? I can only set things on fire with it. Even at night. And in the caves. Makes sense.
  • What are trinkets for?

1. If you investigate peculiar prefixed things with magnifying lens and destroy it completely you can found extra rewards include oincs.

Or if you managed to kill a robber pig and read the map it leaves then digging up the destination, the reward chest also contains some.

2. I guess so? it seems to deal about ~50 damage, but also could be used as an axe.

3. Iron hulks. They provide infinite source of iron ores.

4. If you hold it at your hand and move the cursor to 'peculiar~' prefix, you can investigate it. If the result words is 'there's something definitely' blahblah, deconstruct that completely (if a tree, dig up the trunk) gives another reward.

5. Dunno. I found a pig which exchanges them to oincs without daily limit in the second pig city with palace.

52 minutes ago, Zinglon said:

4. If you hold it at your hand and move the cursor to 'peculiar~' prefix, you can investigate it. If the result words is 'there's something definitely' blahblah, deconstruct that completely (if a tree, dig up the trunk) gives another reward

Thanks for all the answers!

How do objects become 'peculiar'? I've never seen any of these.

Archived