The Hamlet Helping Post (BETA)

4 minutes ago, Bullshootress said:

There might be more things, but you can chisel the statues on the surface with it for two gold. (Their eyes glimmer.)

32 minutes ago, djahn said:

How to use ball pein hammer? As it's said before, I'm not clever, and can't find things to wreck gently :c

It's also used to chisel off idols that you can sell.

On 20.10.2018 at 1:19 PM, Rellimarual said:

This. Killing them is a big mistake. Try to get them stuck at the edge of the map, pick the feather rather than attacking them, but don’t go too far away. The feather will grow back soon and you can pick it again and again to make gas masks or trade for oinks.

Got it totally stuck :D

20181021220438_1.jpg

I've tried something and have noticed the results to be pretty consistent for my last couple of runs. Although somewhat obvious, I'm going to share my findings here as a potential feature/tip. 

Tip: Placing all of your oinks into your backpack slot appears to conceal them from the masked pig. Both of my runs persisted into the Humid Season. I spent the vast majority of that time within the town square and did not notice the spawning of any masked pigs during that entire duration.

If anyone else has attempted this and have gotten different results, please let me know. Thanks! :D

2 minutes ago, IntrinsicIrony said:

I've tried something and have noticed the results to be pretty consistent for my last couple of runs. Although somewhat obvious, I'm going to share my findings here as a potential feature/tip. 

Tip: Placing all of your oinks into your backpack slot appears to conceal them from the masked pig. Both of my runs persisted into the Humid Season. I spent the vast majority of that time within the town square and did not notice the spawning of any masked pigs during that entire duration.

If anyone else has attempted this and have gotten different results, please let me know. Thanks! :D

That's true. But if you put them in inventory to summon him and then put back in the backpack, it wont save your coins if he punches you. I did so to summon him and get his hat :3 He punched me and all the money was on the ground, making guards happy and rich :(

12 minutes ago, IntrinsicIrony said:

I've gotten gems from smashing vases with a hammer. You can generally find vases in the jungle biome. They are particularly prevalent along the exterior and interior of Ruins.

This means gems are non-renewable? The magnifying glass turns out to be quite expensive.

For now in the Beta, yes, gems are non-renewable. I'm hoping there will be a way to reset the ruins when the game goes live. There is an altar of sorts in the Roc's cave or the Roc itself might cause tremors from its attacks / steps or something that may reset everything. Who knows.

Just now, djahn said:

What's the use of the glass, btw? I made one and don't know what to do with it.

The magnifying glass has multiple functions. Some known uses include:

-Using it as a blunt weapon

-Using it to set flammable objects on fire

-Using it to intimidate Mants

-Utilizing it as a valuable tool for treasure hunting 

As a general tip: You can obtain a magnifying glass for free, at the start of the game, if you play as Warbucks. No crafting is required. :D

6 minutes ago, djahn said:

@IntrinsicIrony I've already set on fire some stuff occasionally and stopped experimenting with the glass :?

Details please :p

If I recall, you can use the magnifying glass on the stumps of Peculiar Trees. They are distinguished by the darker purple foliage that lines their canopies. By applying the magnifying glass directly to a stump, you can unveil potential treasures within.

@IntrinsicIrony Oh thank you.

46 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

How to get gems?

I also got some in caves after mining the columns. Mining a column causes rockfall like it happened in the the regular DST caves. But beware, it also causes scorpionfall.

Does anyone know how to get gears?  :?

2 minutes ago, djahn said:

Does anyone know how to get gears? :? 

No problem!  :D

I can answer that question, as well. There's a special shop that sells them. To access it you have to unearth the second pig city, which is tucked away somewhere amongst the ruins of your current world. As a general tip, be on the lookout for structures adorned with interesting set pieces and, particularly, those which are emblazoned with ornate sculptures along their crests.

4 minutes ago, IntrinsicIrony said:

No problem!  :D

I can answer that question, as well. There's a special shop that sells them. To access it you have to unearth the second pig city, which is tucked away somewhere amongst the ruins of your current world. As a general tip, be on the lookout for structures adorned with interesting set pieces and, particularly, those which are emblazoned with ornate sculptures along their crests.

Oh sure... I was on the second island but had to run very fast from the Pugalisk cause the first thing I did - activated the Fountain of Youth. *not_clever.jpg* Thanks God I was on coffee.

1 minute ago, djahn said:

Oh sure... I was on the second island but had to run very fast from the Pugalisk cause the first thing I did - activated the Fountain of Youth. *not_clever.jpg* Thanks God I was on coffee.

That sounds like quite an undertaking! (LOL) You appear to have dodged a bullet, there. :D 

I should clarify - There are multiple islands. If you're specifically seeking the one containing the second pig town, then be on the lookout for the structure crested with a golden pig, specifically. 

2 minutes ago, Newmoon said:

Is there a way to get honey/sweeteners? I saw that the queen boss can drop one, but that cant be it, can it?

1. Pillage mant's honey chest

2. Destroy mant's spawning comb with hammer

3. Destroy mant's honey light lamp with pickaxe

4. Keep nectar inside of mant's honey chest

Archived