Giant Tree Dude - how to kill?

Like most monsters in Don't Starve, a method known as kiting is the best way to defeat a Treeguard. Some methods of kiting are riskier than others, but my method is safe if not the most efficient. You will have to be in perpetual motion. You see that when he is close to you, he swipes at you. Run away while he swipes at you, and when the swipe is over, immediately run at him and hit him. You can do it up to two times safely. After that, it's a bit risky, as Treeguards cannot be stunlocked. Repeat this pattern of running and attacking until the Treeguard is dead.

Ideally, you shouldn't take him on your own if you're not well prepared (and even then, IMO you shouldn't)that's a tree guard. It will chase you around until you start planting pine-cones.once it's planted, you can fire it up (like a regular tree) and could drop meat (that could either burn or get cooked, depends on your luck really).good luck!

you can or at least could if Wilson figures out how to invent a printer one might want to use a larger wiki than the DS one my I recommend the elder scrolls one that thing is massive

A Wiki weighs some kilobytes ... (in binary of course)you couldnt smash a frog with that!

They de-aggro towards you if you lead them close enough to another enemy. Swamp tentacles and tallbirds are good choices, and since the treeguard makes short work of most things, you'll probably get some good loot.

Yep, I planted a forest next to my swamp just so I can get tentacle spikes using the tree guards that constantly attack me. I can nearly eat exclusively treeguards, which tells you how much wood I use on a regular basis (Chests, chests everywhere).The easiest way to attract treeguards is to harvest forests of charcoal every couple of days, though this does have a long and boring period where you plant hundreds of pinecones every week, you do get to wander around all night watching a gargantuan forest fire, and sometimes it even kills the hounds before they get near me.

This doesn't kill him, normally I don't kill mine, I use them to harvest tentacle spikes or beefalo: a toothtrap will "break aggro" on a Treeguard. I've never seen it posted, but don't read that much. After that do whatever you want with him. If you want to chop trees, carry the trap & move away, drop it when he comes. I thought it would just "clip his toenails", but when it popped he lost interest.