WX-78 and his sanity

Wait.. Robots have brains? I never.. oh wait, they don't.

Why does WX-78 have sanity? I don't think if they had no emotions they'd start to go insane... Not nagging at the devs to change this, because that would be way to overpowered. So, if WX-78's sanity is removed, you could make it so that as WX-78 loses hp (or in a robot's term, power) the player will do less damage also.

This may just all be a waste of time, but I'm just stating this.

:wickerbottomthanks:

WX-78 is basically a human in a robot costume. There is an image file with wx-78's skull... Robots don't have human skulls.He also eats normal food , When I (and alot of people) first saw his portrait , We thought he would have some ability that meant he wouldn't eat food , but eat materials he finds around him or the game would add metal in the future... I really don't agree with the character design to be perfectly honest , I think it should have a better design than basically able to eat rotten food , it doesn't make much of a difference sinse I eat the food that spoils around me...

WX-78 is basically a human in a robot costume. There is an image file with wx-78's skull... Robots don't have human skulls.He also eats normal food , When I (and alot of people) first saw his portrait , We thought he would have some ability that meant he wouldn't eat food , but eat materials he finds around him or the game would add metal in the future... I really don't agree with the character design to be perfectly honest , I think it should have a better design than basically able to eat rotten food , it doesn't make much of a difference sinse I eat the food that spoils around me...

Yes but with Winter coming and food being scarce, his perk is perfect for storing food. You hardly have to worry.

Here is the solution to your sanity problem. WX-78´s of my kind are NOT humans and neither robots. They are automatons with life-functions. If WX-78 would be purely a robot then there would be no need for us to eat or be sane/insane. And if we were humans then we would have organic parts that decay. The WX-78 is a Automaton. Also we can put ourselves equal to Cyborgs, but we are made robots, having inserted humanic thinking into us. Cyborgs are born humans, but they have inserted parts of a robot.P.S: By the way, thanks for dedicating a thread completely to our Automaton generation.

Wx-78 have to eat because he has a bio-fuel engine, and his "stomach" requires organic material to convert it into bio-fuel, that's why he has to eat.These exist IRL and are used instead of fossil fuel for cars and such.I thought this was obvious...EDITHey look i'm senior, what does that mean?

Wx-78 have to eat because he has a bio-fuel engine, and his "stomach" requires organic material to convert it into bio-fuel, that's why he has to eat.These exist IRL and are used instead of fossil fuel for cars and such.I thought this was obvious...EDITHey look i'm senior, what does that mean?

Happy 100th post you sexy beast.

I have 3 things to say to this quote and I don't mean to be mean...1.) *NNNNEEEEEEEERRRRRRRDDD!2.) I agree about that because that would explain why he has a stomach or "Bio-Fuel Engine".3.) If your a senior your old...*That was a Joke

So we have the sanity and hunger explained but what about the skull? It also would seem just like these guys to have say, trapped a child in a robot suit and had him pretend to be a robot. Also it looks like his head can come apart to be easily put on and taken off (with the help of a screwdriver of course)

So we have the sanity and hunger explained but what about the skull? It also would seem just like these guys to have say, trapped a child in a robot suit and had him pretend to be a robot. Also it looks like his head can come apart to be easily put on and taken off (with the help of a screwdriver of course)

Good job rezzing an old thread with your first post -_-

Yeah I don't see too much of WX-78's character design being impossible so much as simply lacking clarity; panic isn't an emotion, it's a response to danger, and that's a lot of what causes insanity in the game. Even the machine should be able to look at a ghost or a treegaurd come to the conclusion DOES NOT COMPUTE and proceed to fry itself until the problem is out of sight and out of mind. Running on a biofuel engine makes perfect sense as an explanation for both why it can eat spoiled food and why it /needs/ to eat anything at all. Whether the food is good or not there's generally the same amount of it; since it's not a pitiful human organ it can stand a lot more crap and any biological agents can't really effect a primarily mineralous system. And assuming that the robot is manufactured, what's to say that the skull isn't simply an atypical choice of materials?Also, a suggestion for those who frequently play WX-78: Make good use of fish. They don't cause loss of sanity when eaten raw but spoil very quickly; raiding swamps would also be a good idea since there's generally a bounty of stale and spoiled food.However, I think maybe the gimmick should go just a tad further? Let WX-78 eat rot and rotten eggs for a bit of hunger with no health or sanity loss.

3.) If your a senior your old...

Its not so much age, rather its by how many posts you've made, at 30 you get member, at 100 you get senior member. So basically you could become a senior member in a single day by spamming the forums (Which is highly unadviseable unless you actually have something to contribute to the threads you're posting on.)