Let me add the powers I know.

Honey storage: No matter how much honey you use a day, you just have to convert all hives into bee boxes because this way you will have 6 perfectly fresh units of honey per box.

Take a look at 72 units of fresh honey:

Posted Image

Bee defense: If you build your bee boxes around a pit and put bee mines inside, the hound will be decimated very quick. As soon as one hound attacks a bee, all the other bees will come to help. The more the better. Sometimes the hives will send the killer bees to speed up the slaughtering process. Bee mine is the new best defensive resource specially now that the hound tooth drop has been reduced.

A crude bee defense setup:

Posted Image

A more sophisticate bee defense setup:

Posted Image

Honey power: Honey itself is a great healing food, not good at hunger, do not use it for hunger. To have honey you must fight spiders and get web. You also get monster meat in the process. You make kabobs for hunger. Honey is best used in the crock pot: Honey Ham is the best food available. Taffy is uh... ok to get out of insanity quick but you can do it using honey ham too. The pumpkin cookies seem better than taffy... I have to test it, currently converting half of my dragon fruit farm into pumpkin farm. Taffy lost its appeal after the wormhole penalty has been drastically reduced.

Almost forgot, you also make honey nuggets. The sum of the hunger/heal of the ingredients is bigger but you save space in your inventory for long trips.

Personally, I don't think honey needs much of a nerf. On its own it's not that great... it's a quick heal, but as mentioned, that's realistic (enough for game purposes), honey has healing properties. It restores relatively little hunger on its own, it's good in a pinch but probably wouldn't be the food I would choose to live off of if I had other more filling options. To make anything really useful hunger-wise it needs to be combined with meat for Honey Ham or Honey Nuggets. To make taffy you need four honey for a piece, and cookies 3 apiece, so you can go through it pretty fast if you're using it regularly for sanity purposes. And it's not always all that easy to get - you need the silk for the bug net, you need to find a bee hive, catch the bees, destroy the hive. Easy enough if you know what you're doing (if you got a world with hives in convenient places at least), but for a new player it's a pretty daunting task, and even now that I have more experience I sometimes get worlds that make it difficult - not enough beehives nearby, or all of them are filled with killer bees (I mean all of them, on world 1, it was crazy), or even no spiders nearby to get silk from in the first place.

Once you've made a lot of bee boxes, yeah, you can get more honey than you ever could use and be set, but theoretically that's true for any farmable food in-game. Get enough berry bushes, or turbo farm plots, or a big enough beefalo herd, or enough pig houses, and the same idea applies. Honey's only difference is that it's usable in a few different ways.

Also any nerf to honey would effect sanity's balance. Taffy is one of the first moderately early sanity-restorers you can make with any reliability, especially in a silk-scarce world where a top hat is a distant dream.

If they nerf anything that's 'better than something else', pretty soon everything will be on the same level and there'll be no point in branching out or trying to get any different things. Something has to be on top; honey just happens to be the food item with the widest range of potential usefulness.

-Awesome Game Logic Here-

100% agreed, seriously. At one point or another, there's going to be an item that either by itself it OP, or is a material used to make OP things. Don't Starve will always have a "best" item to use in the game, as it will take some serious balancing before we can say nothing is OP, everything is good.Stop complaining OP , Honey is fine now after the spoiling update >.>

That can be said about every source of food. Beefalos are in great numbers and easy to kill. Pigs are in great numbers and easy to kill. Honey is somewhat optional if you ask me. Once you played few games and learn how it all works it's GG.

well it still takes a bit to make lot's of bee houses because of the field of killer bees you have to worry about

Not all bee hives are in the killer bees areas, I got like 5 of normal bee hives without killer bees around. Just need to find them.

yeah?and what if you want more then 5 bee hives?lol

Then go on killer bees with some pigs. I never need more than 2 bee boxes, and can live without any honey at all, current pig villages with 15-20 berry bushes around is much bigger problem and makes this game real sandbox with not enough stuff to build rather than survival. Once you find pig village there is no real point in playing, fresh meat and pigs skins every 3 days. GG.

Remember new players will join the game soon, don't make it harder and harder just because we played a lot and know its secrets.

Nerfing the mid-game wouldn't make it harder for newer players, they usually spend 2-3 dozen playthroughs just learning the early-game. There are ways other than sweets & honey ham to lower your sanity.

I like nerfing honey, you get way too much honey from just one beehive, plus I believe honey rots slower than seeds, it should at least be the same rate, if not faster than seeds. Plus having honey rot faster and harvesting less honey from hives will force you to jump to the next world to find more beehives.

Avelarius must've been really really really lucky finding all of these beehives in his world.

Did you jump through any portals?

Posted Image

Edited by blitz4

yeah?and what if you want more then 5 bee hives?lol

Use the killer bees. Make lemonades for Christ sake.Use them to kill koalefant. Capture them with the bug net and release in tentacle infested swamps or spider infested forests. Carry a couple stacks with you to be released in case you get killed... bombee man xD [MENTION=8901]blitz4[/MENTION] No portals. All from the same world. Even made a thread about it: Holy Sweetness.