Quality of Life Modifiers

4 hours ago, R9MX4 said:

Played Video Games   +2        3.95cycles

Danced                         +2        3.95cycles

It seems my dupes play video games every day. (Not tested for dancing but think it´s the same)

=> Should we power some buildings only every 3-4. cycle ? (Would give the same QoL but would consume less power and dupe time)

54 minutes ago, goboking said:

Padded room?  Gotcha.

New Clothing item, craftable through the Textile Loom:  Straight Jacket

-> Dupe can't use Ladders or Fire Poles

-> Dupe can't perform Tinker actions

-> Dupe's carry capacity set to zero

28 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

But you need to add the possibility to sweep dupes ;)

4 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

Give it a positive buff and i am on board.
Would be nice, when it would emitt light, two tiles around the dupe, then we can park them at bristle farms!

Comfy Bedroom (with the comfy bed that requires plastic) +2 morale

Plumbed Bathroom (Sinks and Lavatories) +2 morale

Great Hall (put your mess tables in the same room as your recreation items (like jukebox) with some decoration) +6 morale

Do the juke box and arcade stack?  Does it cap at 1 buff per duration? (ie if they play it each day, they get +4 vs +2 for jukebox?)

Can I get a great hall with just a water cooler?  If not, then you have to mix in mess tables with juke boxes etc will kind of force certain base designs.

If they dont stack, but they still play, then you are wasting power and time on nothing.

I agree that the food thing it stupid that you feed them what you are supposed to but they get debuffs anyway because they do not need to eat.

43 minutes ago, chemie said:

Can I get a great hall with just a water cooler?  If not, then you have to mix in mess tables with juke boxes etc will kind of force certain base designs.

As of now, yes, a mess hall + water cooler + decoration works to be a great hall. Still, a great hall is a much bigger room than a mess hall is so you may not reach its size requirement if you are not careful.

Jukebox and arcade dont seem worth it.  Paying for time and power every day while getting +4 (duration is 4 cycles but complex automation to block their use every day but 4th).  Instead, to get to +24:

+12 decor spam

+8 good food

+4 misc room bonus, break etc

Great room if you are pessimistic or fatalistic.  But only water cooler not wasteful jukeboxes.(assuming that over 24 actually reduces stress overcoming the -10 or -20% debuff....really not sure how stress and morale connect)

1 hour ago, SamLogan said:

What about -2 in food (-1 Perception + Mealwood)?

Duplicant with 1 in Quality Food Perception, new must have?

The new trait for the dupes is called "Foodie", +3 cooking and -1 to food quality.  However, until they fix the bug, I can't tell you the result.  There's also one called Simple Pleasures (or Simple meals?  I forget) that's a +1 to all food levels as well, so there's a tier 6 against the Pepper Bread and BBQ.

8 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

120 decor for best buff. Do we know how the aggregating works?

From game update 279007 : 

• Decor now contributes to Morale. At the end of a cycle, the average decor is taken and converted to a Morale modifier for the next cycle.

Live version @Zarquan

1.thumb.png.54970a9768027c9db57fe97ecea45915.png

Name Life Quality Duration (cycle)  
New Hope 1 3
Nice Bathroom 1 1.1
Plumbed Bathroom 2 1.1
Mess Hall 3 1.1
Great Hall 6 1.1
Comfortable Barracks 1 1.1
Comfortable Bedroom 2 1.1
Downtime 1 1.1
Socialized 1 1.1
Played Video Games 2 3.95
Recently Danced 2 3.95
Had An Espresso 4 0.75
Grisly Meal -1 1.1 Food Quality ≤-1
Terrible Meal 0 1.1 0
Poor Meal 1 1.1 11
Standard Meal 4 1.1 2
Good Meal 8 1.1 3
Great Meal 12 1.1 4
Superb Meal 16 1.1 ≥5
Ugly Decor -1 1.1 Decor Range -30
Poor Decor 0 1.1 -30
Mediocre Decor 1 1.1 0
Above Average Decor 3 1.1 30
Nice Decor 6 1.1 60
Charming Decor 9 1.1 90
Gorgeous Decor 12 1.1 120

I loaded my last base which was 400 cycles on pessimistic.  After a few cycles, dups were 20-27 range and that is without any of the entertainment buildings.  I did add a water cooler to the mess hall for the great hall bonus but even that turned out to not really be needed.  So basically, you can ignore the break time stuff which is too bad.

Decor was harder to keep at max just due to exposure outside the base for normal work stuff, even with snazzy suit; I was only typically +6 except for  the indoor dups.  +3 food was fine even for all the lvl 6 dups.  All the misc room bonuses overweigh the food, decor, and lack of entertainment stuff.  4 toilets were fine too for 20 sups.

Conclusion: You can ignore interaction stuff.  Have a break time for meals and resume normal play.

I did this image for food quality vs morale, there is a clamp for food_quality_level (-1 min, and +5 max). So if you have a dupe with simple tastes trait and he eats a BBQ, he can't get food quality +6 because is impossible at the moment. Same for Foodie, you can't get -2 food quality.

image.thumb.png.c33b57381276ee88c8e3c7fcf970384d.png

There is a bug with the traits for food perception and maybe the same bug for decor perception traits.

From code:

Spoiler

The unknown ambrosial meal maybe is for Jobs Tier 7 and 8.

If anybody want to see the moral bonus for this food (maybe is 20) search in:

".ConsumablesTableScreen.on_tooltip_consumable_info" and ".Edible.GetEffectForFoodQuality". I didn't found moral bonus in code, only a dictionary with quality effects strings, but not numbers :(. I get those values from game

Archived