Coming Soon - The Gorge!

26 minutes ago, Draggy Lorde said:

theyr being transformed into merms every time some one fails theevent i understood that from the beta

Yup, the beta confirms my theory in that failing to appease the gnaw transforms things into mindless merms.

2 hours ago, C0Rb3N said:

By the way, is there any incentive to play the beta since you lose everything you achieved once it's over? Personally I got a taste of the game, so now I can patiently wait for the full release. Playing it right now seems to be in vain. Can someone prove me wrong?

"obviously because this is a testing beta... like i know people are doing it just for fun to play early but it's intended as a way to find bugs yknow... and you find bugs by doing everything in any way you can imagine, TRYING to break something"

Spoiler

copypasted one of my comments from somewhere else bc apparently it's common that people don't understand what the heck a beta test is for

6 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Yup, the beta confirms my theory in that failing to appease the gnaw transforms things into mindless merms.

I wouldn't say mindless per-se. Pipton the mermchant sometimes says "Plague ain't so bad, y'know?" (something like that, cant find the quote word-for-word). That could imply that Pipton became a merm and kept his sanity or that he's just lonely and wants some friends, which would blow my theory out of the waterEven the survivors during the last part of the animation have that slight realization that they just became merms.

9 minutes ago, Draggy Lorde said:

wow i cudunt place you more as of an ******* as any one elce

I didn't understand any of that. Hey, here's tip: why don't you learn how to spell English words first, and then try expressing your thoughts on the forum? Not trying to be a ******, I genuinely have a hard time understanding you.

In any case, sitting here and venting your frustration, that you live in Asia (apparently) while the devs are in North America is not going to help anything. Find something else to do or go to bed. When you wake up tomorrow the update will be there, waiting for you.

5 minutes ago, JoeW said:

The live event will begin later today (Pacific time) within a few hours from the time of this post. 

Just hang tight, it's coming, we're not going to just forget about it. =)

Should the beta testers revert to main branch before the launch?

18 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

I wouldn't say mindless per-se. Pipton the mermchant sometimes says "Plague ain't so bad, y'know?" (something like that, cant find the quote word-for-word). That could imply that Pipton became a merm and kept his sanity or that he's just lonely and wants some friends, which would blow my theory out of the waterEven the survivors during the last part of the animation have that slight realization that they just became merms.

It is most likely that the survivors do keep their sanity after becoming merms as you said that they do take a moment to realise whats happened to them, also pipton and the other merm (don't know his name) prove that sanity can be kept after becoming a merm, we just don't really know what happens to the survivors once they become merms as the game stop after the transformation sequence is played but we can assume that they do keep their sanity due to their relisation

37 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

I take it the aggressive merms we see in base game are players who completely lost their sanity while waiting for the game release. "Gone hollow", as Dark Souls NPCs would say.

On 6/7/2018 at 5:00 PM, JoeW said:

After barely escaping through the Molten Gateway, our survivors plummet headfirst into the ruins of a sickly city ruled by a ravenous beast. Work together to cook fine dishes and placate the Eternal Gnaw's hunger to avoid the curse of its terrible plague. Cook well enough, and you may even get to go home.

The Gorge is a free limited time 3-player co-op challenge with tons of new skins, emotes, items and more. Your goal is to cook and offer food on the Altar of Gnaw, but you'll need all the cooks in the kitchen to keep it fed, so work together to survive!

The Gorge begins June 14th and ends July 9th. Console will be coming just a short while after, we'll have details on a more concrete date when we get closer to launching the event. 

Beta starts early next week, so keep an eye on the forums. We'll see you here! 

Still waiting on console release date UGHH

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Should the beta testers revert to main branch before the launch?

Yes, but it doesn't matter. It doesn't weigh much anyway.

5 minutes ago, wantuilbasilio said:

the official event will come out after the live is over or when the live will be on air

After the stream, I'm thinking 3-4 hours from now as it was already rumored.

36 minutes ago, AcidSeth said:

Yes, but it doesn't matter. It doesn't weigh much anyway.

After the stream, I'm thinking 3-4 hours from now as it was already rumored.

So, what time do you think the gorge will go out?

I think they're going to launch when it's live it's too late for some people.

Archived