Ipsquiggle

Ranching Upgrade Mark I is Live Now! - 260847

Recommended Posts

watermelen671    10,255
52 minutes ago, chemie said:

new creature has been on splash screen for a while

lpXcwWX.png?1

...Pacu.

They used to be able to be "soft-modded" into the game, but now they've been (essentially) scrapped for the moment.

Also, that fish has been there since the beginning. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giltirn    120
Just now, chemie said:

at least deodorizers are mentioned in the life support errand.  Not toilets.

Life support errand? Is that new? I don't recall seeing it before. It's good that they added the category, but it is difficult to say what tasks should be life support and which shouldn't. For example, should it be life support to keep your animals fed, or perhaps ranching? Or supply? I have no idea. What I do know is that my animals will die if they don't get fed. Another thing I complained about in testing: it would really suck to lose all my animals (and potentially my colony as a result) if some spate of activity keeps my ranchers away from the animals for a while. IMO they should just go into hibernation until they are awoken by a rancher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mariilyn    279
6 minutes ago, Giltirn said:

Your priority miner will take a sub-priority 1 mining task over a sub-priority 9 supply task and there's nothing you can do about it.

You can assign a Very High priority on the supply job and your miner will do the supply errands alongside his mining errands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chemie    522
1 minute ago, Mariilyn said:

You can assign a Very High priority on the supply job and your miner will do the supply errands alongside his mining errands.

No thats build which allows for deliver, build and dig.  Supply does not allow dig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mariilyn    279
2 hours ago, chemie said:

No thats build which allows for deliver, build and dig.  Supply does not allow dig.

I meant you can assign more than one job at the same level of priority (wrench level = Very High level), therefore your miner can equally prioritize mining errands & supply errands and/or any combination of job you decide is relevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    10,255
30 minutes ago, bossmaniac said:

How do i feed Pufts? Bevore i just needed to pump the polluted gas in the roome of the Puft, but now....

I'm pretty sure pufts still consume po2, just put them in the same room as the po2 geyser and profit. 423202950387597321.png?v=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chemie    522
1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

I'm pretty sure pufts still consume po2, just put them in the same room as the po2 geyser and profit. 423202950387597321.png?v=1

They would likely die from the temperature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xenologist    949

Who Knows, maybe Shockworm, maybe Pacu, maybe a new one? Perhaps a new thing like the Flut? The Gronehog? Who knows

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xedlord    1,133
54 minutes ago, zergologist said:

Who Knows, maybe Shockworm, maybe Pacu, maybe a new one? Perhaps a new thing like the Flut? The Gronehog? Who knows

 

Um, the Flut is the Pacu. Also, Gronehog is the horrible file name for the Volgus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phara0h    3
12 hours ago, bossmaniac said:

How do i feed Pufts? Bevore i just needed to pump the polluted gas in the roome of the Puft, but now....

Have at least 2 outhouses and take the polluted dirt and put it into a compost. Place the compost in the room with your Pufts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArunPrasath    155

Thanks for the update!

While I'm sure you are busy with Mark 2, kindly have a look at the cold damage problem when transported water is below ~0 Celsius. I could't water my sleet wheat since any water greater than 5 degrees will cause it to stop growing and any water below 0 degrees causes the pipe to become damaged.

Besides, slightly hotter water causes the room to be heated in the long run so its not an optimal solution for this (when going on for 20+ cycles)

Do create a special element for cold scenarios or lower the minimum temperature for pipes!

As always, great work with the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luminite2    147
4 hours ago, ArunPrasath said:

Thanks for the update!

While I'm sure you are busy with Mark 2, kindly have a look at the cold damage problem when transported water is below ~0 Celsius. I could't water my sleet wheat since any water greater than 5 degrees will cause it to stop growing and any water below 0 degrees causes the pipe to become damaged.

Besides, slightly hotter water causes the room to be heated in the long run so its not an optimal solution for this (when going on for 20+ cycles)

Do create a special element for cold scenarios or lower the minimum temperature for pipes!

As always, great work with the game!

Use automation to get your water in the 0-5 range precisely. Or, just get it to approximately 5, use abyssalite pipes, and cool the air as much as you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tzionut    247

I love the new gheiser, the taming of local fauna is ok. 

I don't like the new sub priority setup. 

Before the upgrade i will have before 100 cycle bathroom, food and steady supply of oxygen to expand may duplicant from 4 in the beginning to 8. Now they spend more time on the massage tables than working instead :(.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MagicManICT    29

Catching pufts: There seems to be an issue with the lures currently, at least for the shine bugs. They are attracted to them without loading any bait. I haven't tried with pufts yet. Might be intended, might not.

Feeding pufts: you can also throw a few storage compactors in there and load them with slime. They'll offgass polluted oxygen, too, though downside to this is the amount of slimelung bacteria in it before it gets eaten by the pufts. (Feel free to clean with the ore scrubber first or not... slimelung isn't that big a deal with a large colony.)

Sleet wheat: I've been manually watering for about 50 cycles now and room temp has hardly moved with a couple of Wheezeworts in the vicinity, and that includes 3 Thermo regulators. I have one Wheezewort in an area the water can flow to (it freezes up) and storage compactors in between the regulators to store ice (or polluted ice since it has a lower freezing point). My water supply is about 35 C. I've thought about changing this to hydroponics tiles, but I've had the issue in the past of the pipes freezing up too fast or the water being too warm (if using abyssalite).

@Klei devs: like the new priorities. I find it gives a good balance of control over what jobs to pick and don't seem to have an issue with getting things done that need done .5 cycle ago. I can train a dupe to cook, reassign as a gofer for training, and still have cooking as priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArunPrasath    155
12 hours ago, Luminite2 said:

Use automation to get your water in the 0-5 range precisely. Or, just get it to approximately 5, use abyssalite pipes, and cool the air as much as you like.

Doing it! But I'm sure there's got to be a way to improve this.

Sometimes theres an smll offset and water cools more and more ... leading it to be frozen when sending it.

= cold damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dupedHook    1

Because of all the new geyser types, this upgrade demands starting a new base.  Will it be practical to continue a Ranching Upgrade Mark I base when Mark II comes out?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MiiKy    41

Oh hey new update!
The only bad thing about this update is not having a short, I love the shorts <3

But ranching will be a massive thing to the game and will make surviving way easier now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xenologist    949

Oh yea, I realize now. I had the pacu base from a place i saw on the forums. And gronehog being volgus? Wow. Well, Klei is working hard on ranching mark II, and pacus, volguses, or shockworms will be added soon enough. and also, @Ipsquiggle what are your plans on the matter?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now