Ranching Upgrade Mark I is Live Now! - 260847

Just now, chemie said:

at least deodorizers are mentioned in the life support errand.  Not toilets.

Life support errand? Is that new? I don't recall seeing it before. It's good that they added the category, but it is difficult to say what tasks should be life support and which shouldn't. For example, should it be life support to keep your animals fed, or perhaps ranching? Or supply? I have no idea. What I do know is that my animals will die if they don't get fed. Another thing I complained about in testing: it would really suck to lose all my animals (and potentially my colony as a result) if some spate of activity keeps my ranchers away from the animals for a while. IMO they should just go into hibernation until they are awoken by a rancher.

6 minutes ago, Giltirn said:

Your priority miner will take a sub-priority 1 mining task over a sub-priority 9 supply task and there's nothing you can do about it.

You can assign a Very High priority on the supply job and your miner will do the supply errands alongside his mining errands.

1 minute ago, Mariilyn said:

You can assign a Very High priority on the supply job and your miner will do the supply errands alongside his mining errands.

No thats build which allows for deliver, build and dig.  Supply does not allow dig.

2 hours ago, chemie said:

No thats build which allows for deliver, build and dig.  Supply does not allow dig.

I meant you can assign more than one job at the same level of priority (wrench level = Very High level), therefore your miner can equally prioritize mining errands & supply errands and/or any combination of job you decide is relevant.

54 minutes ago, zergologist said:

Who Knows, maybe Shockworm, maybe Pacu, maybe a new one? Perhaps a new thing like the Flut? The Gronehog? Who knows

Um, the Flut is the Pacu. Also, Gronehog is the horrible file name for the Volgus.

12 hours ago, bossmaniac said:

How do i feed Pufts? Bevore i just needed to pump the polluted gas in the roome of the Puft, but now....

Have at least 2 outhouses and take the polluted dirt and put it into a compost. Place the compost in the room with your Pufts.

Thanks for the update!

While I'm sure you are busy with Mark 2, kindly have a look at the cold damage problem when transported water is below ~0 Celsius. I could't water my sleet wheat since any water greater than 5 degrees will cause it to stop growing and any water below 0 degrees causes the pipe to become damaged.

Besides, slightly hotter water causes the room to be heated in the long run so its not an optimal solution for this (when going on for 20+ cycles)

Do create a special element for cold scenarios or lower the minimum temperature for pipes!

As always, great work with the game!

4 hours ago, ArunPrasath said:

Thanks for the update!

While I'm sure you are busy with Mark 2, kindly have a look at the cold damage problem when transported water is below ~0 Celsius. I could't water my sleet wheat since any water greater than 5 degrees will cause it to stop growing and any water below 0 degrees causes the pipe to become damaged.

Besides, slightly hotter water causes the room to be heated in the long run so its not an optimal solution for this (when going on for 20+ cycles)

Do create a special element for cold scenarios or lower the minimum temperature for pipes!

As always, great work with the game!

Use automation to get your water in the 0-5 range precisely. Or, just get it to approximately 5, use abyssalite pipes, and cool the air as much as you like.

I love the new gheiser, the taming of local fauna is ok. 

I don't like the new sub priority setup. 

Before the upgrade i will have before 100 cycle bathroom, food and steady supply of oxygen to expand may duplicant from 4 in the beginning to 8. Now they spend more time on the massage tables than working instead :(.

Catching pufts: There seems to be an issue with the lures currently, at least for the shine bugs. They are attracted to them without loading any bait. I haven't tried with pufts yet. Might be intended, might not.

Feeding pufts: you can also throw a few storage compactors in there and load them with slime. They'll offgass polluted oxygen, too, though downside to this is the amount of slimelung bacteria in it before it gets eaten by the pufts. (Feel free to clean with the ore scrubber first or not... slimelung isn't that big a deal with a large colony.)

Sleet wheat: I've been manually watering for about 50 cycles now and room temp has hardly moved with a couple of Wheezeworts in the vicinity, and that includes 3 Thermo regulators. I have one Wheezewort in an area the water can flow to (it freezes up) and storage compactors in between the regulators to store ice (or polluted ice since it has a lower freezing point). My water supply is about 35 C. I've thought about changing this to hydroponics tiles, but I've had the issue in the past of the pipes freezing up too fast or the water being too warm (if using abyssalite).

@Klei devs: like the new priorities. I find it gives a good balance of control over what jobs to pick and don't seem to have an issue with getting things done that need done .5 cycle ago. I can train a dupe to cook, reassign as a gofer for training, and still have cooking as priority.

12 hours ago, Luminite2 said:

Use automation to get your water in the 0-5 range precisely. Or, just get it to approximately 5, use abyssalite pipes, and cool the air as much as you like.

Doing it! But I'm sure there's got to be a way to improve this.

Sometimes theres an smll offset and water cools more and more ... leading it to be frozen when sending it.

= cold damage.