The Forge Beta - [Now Closed]

JoeW

23 minutes ago, Trenix said:

I've read the announcement and been having my eyes open for this "event" idea since the announcement was posted. However it still makes no sense to me. Whatever you try in this event, if moved to normal servers, you will still risk the chance of breaking the core game regardless. This is why we have beta clients. Also if you guys need further support with funds, do what other free to play game are doing, add loot boxes you can buy to obtain skins. Even PUBG did it which is a B2P game like this game, and it works.

Maybe thats why the event is for a limited time, because it has nothing similar to the game we know and has no sense, imo there's nothing wrong in trying something new once a year (even xmas, halloween and easter have sense).

Don't fight the wind my friend and enjoy the event, if you dont like it, worry not, it's only for a month.

I like the mode so far. Maybe only for time to time, but it has serious fun. First games we die pretty fast, but in the last, we survived until a

Spoiler

two gorilla, then others enemies.

Was pretty fun. I like healing as wickerbottom.

2 hours ago, DarkKingBoo said:

Shame that the stategraphs for the new mobs aren't accessible(?), any particular reason for this?

Edit: Well mob code isn't really accessible either, everything I've feared about this event has come true. aaaaaa.

now modders can't port those mobs and make cool new mobs with those mobs is anims, dannngg it I was hoping they would be accessible too :(!

1 hour ago, Trenix said:

I thought we were going to get some PvP battle royale survival game. I really don't understand the direction of this game whatsoever. The mini-game isn't even fun. I mean we buy a survival game that is based on crafting, building, and eating, only to have an event about combat. Sure these new features would greatly improve the current game, but we didn't need an event for this. Testing could of been done in a regular server. I haven't played this game for years now and not much has improved. Seems like plenty of wasted time on things that really don't matter.

Sad thing is, most people don't give a flying **** :/

I am curious though... since this is an event, how long does it last? How does it start off? Do you still have your stats? And what if a player(s) leaves in the middle of a match?

Just now, SuperDavid said:

now modders can't port those mobs and make cool new mobs with those mobs is anims, dannngg it I was hoping they would be accessible too :(!

We got the sounds and anims at least, if we're persistent enough we could try and build them up by scratch. I just don't know why they'd would do this.

I didn't want this news to dampen my mood for Forge but I can't help but feel a bit down that I won't be able to make these cool new mobs playable.

So why have a dedicated server only for the event, or rather, only for the beta? Wouldn't it be better to test it out normally...? IDK, I'm not smart with this stuff. I'm not all too thrilled to be forced to play with other people tbh, but that's a personal issue so it shouldn't have any impact on this. I do look forward to playing though ^_^

1 minute ago, Audra Verela said:

So why have a dedicated server only for the event, or rather, only for the beta? Wouldn't it be better to test it out normally...? IDK, I'm not smart with this stuff. I'm not all too thrilled to be forced to play with other people tbh, but that's a personal issue so it shouldn't have any impact on this. I do look forward to playing though ^_^

Its dedicated server only because theres rewards to be obtained within the event. So to stop cheating and full on exploiting the system for all the event items, they made it official servers only. 

Fortunately Klei added the option to play "privately" with your friends. So you don't have to deal with randos.

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

Can I keep the items I gain during the Beta?
The Forge will be in a test environment and will not be using production services. You will not be able to use the items you have in the live service and you will not be able to bring the items you earn during beta to the live service. We will be providing items to players in the beta once The Forge goes live depending on how long you spent playing the beta.

What about xp and levels earned? That will be reset too after the beta?

I'M LOVING IT Q_Q
thank you , thank you , thank you
so many details
so many things
so much fun

Good job to the team that participated in the creation of it, it shows how innovative  Klei can be!

I'm semi poor but i'll purchase the skin sets when they come out in november, i need to show some appreciation.

Here take my money, be quick joe or any other dev, i'm trowing it
One dollar just flew trow the window, see , one less dollar now.

Really thank you.

Archived