Taking a note from TF2 for 2018

Maybe this should be in the suggestions section but I just had a great idea for next year[or the year after].

What if each month we had a character based update? We could have a update poster that had info on each character and character based tools with skills so each character can get a focus. IT'd give the fans more lore, speculation, and game mechanics so everyone can win. :wilson_smile:

I'd love this just solely for the fact that we could get character rebalances. I mean, I hate to say this, but when Willow, a character not designed to be bad, is about as good as Wes, who is designed like he is on purpose, there's a huge problem with balance.

Plus let's not forget the meta of "old lady with guy who gets strong after lunch" or "old lady with robot who can go insane for some reason" or "old lady with just about any character because this character is too good for this game and needs a downside that actually affects her more than not being able to sleep because it's not even that bad of a thing to miss out on and COME ON KLEI"

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

Maybe this should be in the suggestions section but I just had a great idea for next year[or the year after].

What if each month we had a character based update? We could have a update poster that had info on each character and character based tools with skills so each character can get a focus. IT'd give the fans more lore, speculation, and game mechanics so everyone can win. :wilson_smile:

...What for?

I mean, I feel like adding more stuff to characters would over complicate things.

Don't get me wrong, Wllow, Woody and Winona need to be changed, but adding more to some characters would be pointless. Some of them are perfect as they are.

I wouldn't mind seeing some new books added though Wicker.

26 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

...What for?

I mean, I feel like adding more stuff to characters would over complicate things.

Don't get me wrong, Wllow, Woody and Winona need to be changed, but adding more to some characters would be pointless. Some of them are perfect as they are.

I wouldn't mind seeing some new books added though Wicker.

Not necessarily, but rebalancing can And for two characters should be done. Plus lore heheheh, I need my wonderful flavor text

2 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I mean, I feel like adding more stuff to characters would over complicate things.Don't get me wrong, Wllow, Woody and Winona need to be changed, but adding more to some characters would be pointless. Some of them are perfect as they are.I wouldn't mind seeing some new books added though Wicker.

It doesn't have to be adding mechanics but a month dedicated to one character in the year would be a nice way for the devs to rotate and listen to fans. Fans get update posters and maybe some florishes to their favorites and such. If Valve did it, why not Klei?

2 hours ago, jantonio said:

tf2 war was a good update, what if klei did a comic type thing with the characters interacting?

You mean the Soldier Vs Demo war? It was interesting but people cheated immensely and when it came time to announce the winner Valve said they had really only designed the reward for the soldier.

Don't starve together and team fortress 2? Yeah! 

But I think that there are some good ideas but some things could be bad.

34 minutes ago, Ridley said:

You mean the Soldier Vs Demo war? It was interesting but people cheated immensely and when it came time to announce the winner Valve said they had really only designed the reward for the soldier.

The newest war was the Pyro VS heavy, the Pyro won because his class was broken and we were going to get the Pyro update with the mayann project but it never happened because Pyro needed alot of balancing to fix him and the soldier VS demoman update was for who gets the gun boats.

If we were to follow TF2 then the Pyro VS heavy update would be Willow VS woody or Wolfgang and the mayann project would be unnatural selection wich would be nice! Plus klei would be more likely to listen and take ideas from the community to see things that could make the game better without breaking the games story. 

Anyways I love this idea because both TF2 and DST both relay on their communities.... Also Edgy rick would be king raja and I think that would be funny. 

And I would complete my dream of becoming....

Spoiler

NEW REFERENCES WIGFRIG 

15 hours ago, minespatch said:

If its truly like tf2 we wont get an update for several years and then when it does come out it breaks the game and wont get fixed for several months. 

6 minutes ago, Ajosen said:

If its truly like tf2 we wont get an update for several years and then when it does come out it breaks the game and wont get fixed for several months. 

I was refering to years ago when updates where way more frequent. I think it was like 2009 back when I was in high school.

Just now, minespatch said:

I was refering to years ago when updates where way more frequent. I think it was like 2009 back when I was in high school.

I like your idea, and new content is always nice. It would be interesting to see. Im still hoping that we will have a continuation to the main story, it seems to come out in yearly intervals. 

10 minutes ago, Ajosen said:

I like your idea, and new content is always nice. It would be interesting to see. Im still hoping that we will have a continuation to the main story, it seems to come out in yearly intervals. 

That's why I estimated 2018-19. These people need time to work their craft. To me we just got a announcement about new content months after New Reign ended. JoeW and the gang were silent but they were silent with a purpose.

This seems like a great idea considering we now have the roster size to fit it. (unless were doing a spotlight on Mr. Rando Pick in which case we need to argue to the world and demand they add an extra month to the calendar to fit our needs!) It gets the gears turning on how we would like to see special things added and backstories on each of our favorite characters! I fully support this idea 100%! My friend you are truly glorious when it comes to neat ideas!

Some characters could definitely be shown some love with balance changes here. (and I'm too lazy to edit or make a new comment to quote someone that said Woodie needs changes to tell them Woodie is surprisingly balanced and it's just Maxwell stealing his thunder by chopping trees slightly faster) I feel Klei would have a golden opportunity to change some characters for the better. I mean rollback exists to deny greifers now so I see no reason why Willow's fire immunity shouldn't be 100% again cause it was removed to avoid greifing abuse right? Please tell me I didn't get that wrong.

17 minutes ago, Mr Pig said:

. (unless were doing a spotlight on Mr. Rando Pick in which case we need to argue to the world and demand they add an extra month to the calendar to fit our needs!)

Going in rotation would work way better than randomly since then it'd make the players who were waiting for their favorite character to get a tweak to have extra hype. So yeah.:wilson_smile:

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

Going in rotation would work way better than randomly since then it'd make the players who were waiting for their favorite character to get a tweak to have extra hype. So yeah.:wilson_smile:

They meant the "Random" selection whenever you pick your character. You know, the guy to the left of Wilson.

Archived