Taking a note from TF2 for 2018

Okay, but monthly updates is a lot. Game got ANR, Winona and now we have this rather quiet state. Looks like future is going to bring various themed events, Forge being first of them. Changing existing characters doesn't seem to be good idea. They were like this since launch and suddenly changing this after this long time won't really happen.
 Monthly updates would be way to recent. I'm pretty sure dev team worked on Forge long before it was announced. And now after announcement we still need to wait 2 months. Cool updates (or rather events in this case) require time.

14 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Okay, but monthly updates is a lot. Game got ANR, Winona and now we have this rather quiet state. Looks like future is going to bring various themed events, Forge being first of them. Changing existing characters doesn't seem to be good idea. They were like this since launch and suddenly changing this after this long time won't really happen.
 Monthly updates would be way to recent. I'm pretty sure dev team worked on Forge long before it was announced. And now after announcement we still need to wait 2 months. Cool updates (or rather events in this case) require time.

image.thumb.png.623d73e6752250fa7b3b6aa3770129bb.png

I can understand PvP players wanting some balance/nerfing/etc. But it doesn't really matter in PvE. And Don't Starve Together was build as PvE game. It's easily seen now - Forge is going to be PvE aswell.
 I don't play Wolfgang, I don't find him interesting. Never tried him, though. And that's just my opinion.

19 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Okay, but monthly updates is a lot.

I did say 2018 or 2019. Not immediate. This would mean the dev team would have a lot of time to plan for a entire year of updates. Wouldn't mind this year of updates being in 2020 if it takes way more time to perfect and give character development. I understand what you said in your post and I highly agree with your reasons behind your disagreement.

I concur, Werebeaver, Willow and Winona need some fine tuning.  Woodie as a character isn't really that bad until the Werebeaver gets factored in, and there has been many a post on how to fix both Willow and Woodie (Winona is new, so she hasn't had as much time to be complained about yet, though it seems many have already made statements regarding her)  I'd also love to see some character-building comics, would be fun to read and keep the game's lore fresh.

On 9/26/2017 at 7:48 PM, minespatch said:

Maybe this should be in the suggestions section but I just had a great idea for next year[or the year after].

What if each month we had a character based update? We could have a update poster that had info on each character and character based tools with skills so each character can get a focus. IT'd give the fans more lore, speculation, and game mechanics so everyone can win. :wilson_smile:

I leave for a while and I, SOMEONE WHO HAS PUT 8 YEARS INTO TF2 Has missed this thread start up ;_;            

Excuse me while I cry 

-Added new class The PootGang (A friendly only Wolfgang)

-Removed Wilson, too confusing for new players.

-Added in random crits.

-Fixed bug where players could actually eat food.

-Added in hat crates, only 2.49 USD to unlock one.

-Added random 0.0001% Chance to unbox unusual hats from hat crates.

-All unusual's grant professional gamer perk upon wearing.

--Removed fire.

-Buffed Willow.

-Updated localization files. 

-Added in Competitive. 

3 hours ago, Mr.Midnight said:
  • -Added new class The PootGang (A friendly only Wolfgang)
  • -Removed Wilson, too confusing for new players.
  • -Added in random crits.
  • -Fixed bug where players could actually eat food.
  • -Added in hat crates, only 2.49 USD to unlock one.
  • -Added random 0.0001% Chance to unbox unusual hats from hat crates.
  • -All unusual's grant professional gamer perk upon wearing.
  • --Removed fire.
  • -Buffed Willow.
  • -Updated localization files. 
  • -Added in Competitive. 

-Charlie Acknowledges the cult of Bonesaw.

2 hours ago, roseate said:

I still want a Winona introduction comic.

So do I! This idea would give her what she needs.

Also where does your avatar come from?

Archived