[Game Update] - 233745

Jason

• Developer

The Shipwrecked update has been in the beta for a week now. Thank you to everyone who's posted issues you've found. There are still a couple things I want to look into. One being some weirdness with the coffee plants I've seen mentioned a couple times, as well the Tiger Shark seems to be acting a little weird. I'll continue to monitor the bug tracker until we put the beta live, so please continue to post bugs you find there.

This update is live on the "beta" build on Steam. 

Edit: I deleted a previous post of this same update as I needed to change the format a bit, but I was unable to edit it. Sorry if that caused any confusion. 

View full update

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

I'm very happy about the telescope crash fix, it was preventing me from continuing my current save file. (Mobbstar was the one who reported it but I was the one who experienced it, I had asked him for help because I didn't know what was causing it).

• Like 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

this means we cannot make Surf'n'Turf in SW compatible RoG worlds anymore?

No, you should be able to cook everything. I should have said "craftables" not "recipes". There were some of the newer items showing up in ROG crafting menus. They aren't useful there, so they were just taking up space.

• Like 2

We did get new stuff and more stuff might get added. It's possible that they might not add more stuff but I think there is a chance that they might add maybe 1or 2 more things. Maybe they are just going to fix the new bugs and buff/nerf some of the stuff they added/already existing stuff and then add it to the public branch.

• Like 1

Hey @Jason, it's great to see so much effort is still being put into SW!

Are there any further plans for SP other than bug fixing the new content in SW (and Hamlet)? There are a couple of new cool things mentioned in the code that don't seem to be implemented yet or are simply commented out. There's also old unused code that hasn't been removed, like the fire snakes - any chance they'll be included in the future?

On bug fixing, there are still old SW bugs (and vanilla and RoG) that remain unaddressed, including some crashes (Wilbur speech crash or ignited beeboxes), annoyances (krampus spawns were fixed in SW but not in vanilla or RoG, the Quacken can spawn out of reach) or several other minor issues that should be easy to fix. Should we re-report them?

• Like 3

On 26.9.2017 at 6:32 PM, Jason said:

No, you should be able to cook everything. I should have said "craftables" not "recipes". There were some of the newer items showing up in ROG crafting menus. They aren't useful there, so they were just taking up space.

ty for clarifying this :D

18 hours ago, TheUnforgivingBR said:

Is it true that we won't get new content for SW anymore? Why put it on Beta then!?

New content usually means higher amount of bugs than usual. That's why it's in beta branch, so you can either choose to play it and report issues or stay away from beta like me and wait for full, bug-free (hopefully) release.
 One of previous updates (long time ago) added RoG/SW seasons sync. Sadly, it doesn't work that well. Of course, it's much better but still not perfect. I'm using Combined Status mod by Rezecib. One of its features is Season Clock which shows time remaining for season to end. It makes it easy to notice issue - on my current savefile SW world is delayed a couple of days. For example, when in RoG it's spring [11/20] then in SW it's monsoon season [7/20]. It's not a big deal, but still an issue. When winter in RoG ends, in SW it's still hurricane season.
 I'm aware that it may be different for other savefiles, issue exists probably because of much older one making seasons last longer/shorter by 1 day (also easily noticable by using Combined Status mod).

Besides that - cool stuff! It's great to have SW update, keep up the good work. As others, I look forward to even more content R9mG9xk.gif

• Like 2