Winona confirmed perks

3 minutes ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

I was pointing out the fact that you can use winona's duct tape to fix thermal stones

dunno if it was already talked about in this thread but yeah

Sewing kits can do that, so it's not too surprising.

She still needs her stats changed and the tape buffed imo. :chargrined:

Her stats are identical to Wilson's (200 sanity after all that time in the factory?), and the tape is a cheaper version of an already existing item. At least if it repaired armor/tools alongside clothes it'd have its own perks that no other item has.

Besides, you know what they say, duct tape can fix anything. (^:

EDIT: It also fits with her character select quote: "Anything can be fixed with a little hard work and elbow grease."

26 minutes ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

I was pointing out the fact that you can use winona's duct tape to fix thermal stones

dunno if it was already talked about in this thread but yeah

That's pretty amazing, and would go well with the idea from many players wanting to fix equipment as well. 

Also, I did a bit of quick testing with her on how her quirk of "being able to take a singe hit from charlie" works and how it resets itself to be used again. 

It resets every time you enter light, so you can pretty much use a torch for a second and you'll be able to take a free hit from charlie again. So if you don't mind going insane fast, you can explore a good portion of the map with only a few torches and your map to navigate. 

Spitball ideas:

Sanity decreases at a lower rate from all sources, including darkness, higher health - fits her "indomitable spirit". She was once a miner so she'd be more accustomed to darkness from all her time underground. Makes her perk of a free hit from Charlie more useful. Plays into being a newbie-friendly character.

Can craft any structures with half the resources after crafting it once - cool lategame perk that can be extremely useful especially in megabases.

Mass production - trivial but useful ability that saves time and fits her job as a factory worker.

Trusty tape mends clothes and walls and reduces durability loss of tools and armor - Her signature tool should feel like an upgraded Sewing Kit, not the other way around to be appealing. Simply having it reduce durability loss rather than mending tools and armor will prevent abuse through tools like Fishing Rods and Bug Nets, and armor such as Thulecite Armor and so on.

Can pick roses without being pricked - she knows where the thorns are.

1 hour ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Nope. His beard (plus a stone)  allows you to carry armor 24/7 in winter and Meat Effigies can be erected by day 10 if you're good enough. Trust me, you can fight me on this, and I won't budge. 

There are /so/ many confusing aspects of this post.

We can start with the assumption that rushing a meat effigy is somehow desirable.  It's not, but if it was 10 days is not fast. 

If the goal is to get one up quickly, you would kill beardlings to get the 4 hair required as it is faster than wilson's beard.

Secondly, you can always carry armor with you.  Wearing armor when you're not going to be fighting is wasteful, since you could wear clothing, a magi, or a backpack instead and swap as needed.

Wilson's beard is helpful, but pretty much anyone can stay away from a heat source for as long as they need with a puffy vest/hibearnation vest, heat rock and a tam.

On 13.09.2017 at 5:24 PM, Toros said:

I don't understand why they decided to add a fairly bland character after all this time.

I have read that there is a new character added to DST.

Wow so cool mega hype - I'm gonna make a new solo world and play, and have fun, and omg! But before that, I will just look at her perks (to know - what to expect in the game). I read them and wtf is this... so boring... and yeah, I never played this character...

2 hours ago, voyager156 said:

I have read that there is a new character added to DST.

Wow so cool mega hype - I'm gonna make a new solo world and play, and have fun, and omg! But before that, I will just look at her perks (to know - what to expect in the game). I read them and wtf is this... so boring... and yeah, I never played this character...

I have a theory on this below.

1 hour ago, Lumina said:

Not everyone can be the target of a new character. The question is : who is the target here ?

I think they wanted to release a fairly simple intro character with the release of the console version as from a business standpoint old players get hyped due to the long tease of Winona.  New players get a gentle introduction to the game with a basic and noob friendly character.

Archived