Will DST or DS get a DLC in late 2017?

6 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

DST and DS are not the only games Klei needs to support. I'm happy for ANR and excited for ONI. Hot Lava too, of course. And so many others.

And where did I say there were? I enjoy all of them + I am speculating on a pattern...

• Developer
59 minutes ago, Angibot said:

Well , before wanting a DLC for 2017, wait they finish A New Reign at least :mad:

Vargling is just theorizing on the next DLC and for what game will it be made for, DST or DS. I fail to see where he says he wants a DLC for 2017, it's purely speculation.

Honestly (and not to be pessimistic or anything) I think this may be the last DLC of DST, if not forever, for a long time.
We'll probably get patches fixing stuff, seasonal small changes, and new skins, every few months though.

If i had to guess I'd say ONI's release and its respective patches and expansion, is what's coming next.

Just now, ShadowDuelist said:

Honestly (and not to be pessimistic or anything) I think this may be the last DLC of DST, if not forever, for a long time.
We'll probably get patches fixing stuff, seasonal small changes, and new skins, every few months though.

If i had to guess I'd say ONI's release and its respective patches and expansion, is what's coming next.

Honestly, I'd be glad if it was.

A sequel is overdue at this point, IMO it's getting really stale. (This is also why I still hate that they made SW a dlc, cutting half the content and making it buggy... why....)

Well DST has dlc content from RoGs integrated for the purpose of preventing playbase segregation. So a payable dlc for DST seems unlikely, and ANR is the free dlc for DST.

As for DS I don't know what they could really add. I'd buy DS dlc in a heartbeat but I can't help but think its run its course.

I'd rather they simply worked on lore, bug fixes, game design improvement/game redesigning and perhaps porting SW content in some fashion. New content is what really keeps a lot of the issues with the game from being dealt with, or at the moment it seems like so at least, so hopefully after ANR some serious fixes and changes are made to the game.

On 11/30/2016 at 4:28 PM, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I'd rather they simply worked on lore, bug fixes, game design improvement/game redesigning and perhaps porting SW content in some fashion. New content is what really keeps a lot of the issues with the game from being dealt with, or at the moment it seems like so at least, so hopefully after ANR some serious fixes and changes are made to the game.

I'm totally for this. Let the new content come in first and then when the beta drops are done, they can patch and fix things for the main games.

You know what would be dope as heck? The modding scene for DST is pretty big, so it would be nice if they could do some kind of community DLC, where talented modders and such could have a chance at getting their content into the main game! Of course, it would have to actually fit in the games theme and lore and such.

I think it'll be nice! Could have it be some kind of contest, too, let the community vote and Klei curate the final entries.

41 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

You know what would be dope as heck? The modding scene for DST is pretty big, so it would be nice if they could do some kind of community DLC, where talented modders and such could have a chance at getting their content into the main game! Of course, it would have to actually fit in the games theme and lore and such.

I think it'll be nice! Could have it be some kind of contest, too, let the community vote and Klei curate the final entries.

I can see thath appening, like what they are doing for Afterbirth+ for Isaac, where they will make fan content inthe actual game as time goes by, as for new DLC, I'm 78% sure there will be to continue the story (Unless this dlc ends the story), but wont happen for a while or later on as you said, since after ANR is finished there is sitll alot of things they will polish so who know

On 11/30/2016 at 8:48 AM, Arlesienne said:

DST and DS are not the only games Klei needs to support. I'm happy for ANR and excited for ONI. Hot Lava too, of course. And so many others.

Imagine hot lava in vr. The excitement! The sense of wonder! The broken bones..

Still, seems like a great candidate.

It'd be nice to have a dlc of being stranded in mountains & you hang glide from mountain to mountain climbing higher & higher, it could be called "Planewrecked", Though something like that would probably never happen.

And on the subject I think there'll never be any new content after ANR for DS, but probably new skins will be made but that's not really new content..

On 12/4/2016 at 1:26 AM, SuperDavid said:

It'd be nice to have a dlc of being stranded in mountains & you hang glide from mountain to mountain climbing higher & higher, it could be called "Planewrecked", Though something like that would probably never happen.

I can totally see Wilson and Wolfgang in old fashioned plane gear.

Archived